It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If our first contact was......Human !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I was thinking about ETs while driving to work yesterday and had this weird and crazy notion -
What if in the future the ET " sentient" beings we find are just like US.
I mean not an exact replica of EARTH but a slightly altered version(different names of places etc) but with the same kind of tech, society, languages and global problems like pollution, terrorism and the like.
1)What would the first reaction be?(U know like -"One small step for man..etc")
2)Would man[EARTH] be able to make contact with man[Earth2] or will the man[Earth2] call him crazy?
3)Would this mean the end of our search for other life forms if the above scenario does happen?

MY TAKE :
1)In my opinion the First thing that the Astronauts would say would be " What the HELL !"

2)I'm sure the astronauts who make it to this new mirror world would be either shot down by an airforce or put in some mental institution for claiming to be from another planet! I mean - would you believe a guy who says he's an alien who's come from another alternate EARTH- I think not.

3)I think this is every ET enthusiasts worst nightmare because the search for ET means invariably the search for Different life forms or Advanced technology in some cases but if you find every thing almost the same then one could say that the law of evolution is universal and all "sentient" beings out there would be exactly like us(humanoid) and have the same level of reasoning and intelligence.

I don't know if this sort of thread has already been posted many times but I haven't seen any! DENY IGNORANCE

Give me your 2 cents on it:

[edit on 8-12-2004 by IAF101]

[edit on 8-12-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This thread is impressive. I'm even more curious about what is motivating you to open such thread? What goes through your mind when you write these lines? You know, I think you are not interested in this topic at all.

But perhaps one day this will be a leading thread here, who knows....

My actual opinion is that it's possible to locate a real alien on ATS, their posts are more inhuman, and their experiences are far different than ours, even if they are among humans.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The first thing we would do is try to make contact with them then send diplomats to there planet. Then figure out what tech. they have and how advanced they are. Then we would come to the conclusion that they are savages and send fleets of space ships full of marines to destroy there military and take control of the planet. Then we would rape there women and erase there culture. Then we would name the planet earther. After all of this we would then realize that these people were our ancestors and we originally came from there.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
This thread is impressive. I'm even more curious about what is motivating you to open such thread? What goes through your mind when you write these lines? You know, I think you are not interested in this topic at all.

Well I see a lot of people everyday most of them so completely different from the other that it makes me wonder how different people are and also if aliens also vary so drastically then we would have a lot in common .

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I agree this is an interesting notion you have going here. I guess the dna of the person would differ slightly, dont you think ? cos certain factors, even so minute would allow for a difference to be found

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by racos
I agree this is an interesting notion you have going here. I guess the dna of the person would differ slightly, dont you think ? cos certain factors, even so minute would allow for a difference to be found

Hmm...., maybe it would be possible but would not amount to definite proof as DNA for individual to individual would vary due to local factors and other genetic factors of the individual.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here's a link which shows that the DNA of man has changed through the ages and is quite different from what it was.DNA origins

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
I was thinking about ETs while driving to work yesterday and had this weird and crazy notion -
What if in the future the ET " sentient" beings we find are just like US.
I mean not an exact replica of EARTH but a slightly altered version(different names of places etc) but with the same kind of tech, society, languages and global problems like pollution, terrorism and the like.

How would anyone be making contact with them if they had the same tech? It would still be interesting, it would mean that there are biological rules that we haven't even dreamt of, to result in two so similar things happening on entirely different planets. ANd it would still mean that there is life out there in the universe besides us. It wouldn't be wild and weird life, but still fascinating and enormous in its implications.

Oh, but what if hte first contact was with actual humans, not things coincidentally like humans, but just humans who had been seperated, maybe they didn't even know it? That would have some wild implications too.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What if when we arrived, they had been waiting for us. A thought this stirred in me was that maybe, millions, even thousands of years ago, we had the tech for Space Travel. And we had sent out a colony ship promising more people, yet a catastrophe occured on Earth, and the next group never came. Then over time they became so obsessed with the next Ship, that when we did arrive, it had developed into a sort of religion. They had assumed we had been coming to join them, and we were hailed as deitic in status. Now assume with me, what our Governments would do if they had a far more advanced civilization under their thumb. Maybe the reason for all the cover-ups is that we are the manipulators, the ones in control. Would you want to reveal to a "Politically Correct" and "Morally Concious" public that you were subjugating and controlling a people with free will?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A very insightful thread, Poster. Its a scenario/possibility that ive considered before, infact i would go so far as to say its just as liklely as grays. Be a big surprise indeed for the darwinist! It would probably make the religious folk very happy too!
That would truly have to be a cosmic joke, all mankinds wildest imaginings and speculations, and what do we find? US! Might be moral in that idea somewhere!

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

How would anyone be making contact with them if they had the same tech?.

At present NASA says that a manned mission to mars is possible technologically but the present administration does not have the WILL to commit such large resouces for such programmes. I think similarly one side may decide to go for exploration and the other might not be interested!
All those guys hanging out in deserts and near airbases in the middle of the night might just commit suicide if this were true!

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
The first thing we would do is try to make contact with them then send diplomats to there planet. Then figure out what tech. they have and how advanced they are. Then we would come to the conclusion that they are savages and send fleets of space ships full of marines to destroy there military and take control of the planet. Then we would rape there women and erase there culture. Then we would name the planet earther. After all of this we would then realize that these people were our ancestors and we originally came from there.

Thats exactly wat i was gonna say
But on a serious note. i think they would try to kill us off!

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
then they might allready have arrived and we then have to look for them in the mental institutions ect. for there are people who are claiming to be coming from space are brought to.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Interesting it could go like this
O_1

top topics

join