It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptical believer needs experience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: sled735

a reply to: DAVID64

Be careful what you wish for. You should learn about protecting yourself before you go delving into the paranormal.

There are things lurking out there that you don't want to bring home with you, or possess you.

Protect yourself how, from what, and how do you know these things?

Click on my signature.

OK, I read it. You've had experiences. How do you know WHAT created those experiences and how to protect yourself from it?

Years and years of research. Sorry, getting ready to leave for work; no time to get into it now. But there are over 280 pages of members sharing their experiences on my thread and I've made several threads about how to protect yourself. See my profile.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I've watched several TV shows, but those are useless entertainment. Books... well, no titles jump to mind, but I feel like books are written to bring in $$$, not impart actual knowledge. They are accounts of someone's experience and I want a "bird's eye view" so to speak. I think what I'm gonna do to get started is strike out on my own. Take a micro recorder and a camera, go sit in a cemetery, old house or one with a shady reputation [ my own would be a start ] and just go from there. If/when I find anything to lead me to investigate further....we'll see. I'm never going to dump big dollars in to gadgets or the like. EMF meters or any kind of sensing devices are just too Ghostbusters for me. If I can't see it with my own eyes, what good does it do to know there's a funky magnetic field around?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Be careful what you wish for. You should learn about protecting yourself before you go delving into the paranormal.

There are things lurking out there that you don't want to bring home with you, or possess you.

Click on my signature.

OK, I read it. You've had experiences. How do you know WHAT created those experiences and how to protect yourself from it?

Years and years of research. Sorry, getting ready to leave for work; no time to get into it now. But there are over 280 pages of members sharing their experiences on my thread and I've made several threads about how to protect yourself. See my profile.

You didn't answer either of my questions. I read numerous posts by you on another thread and you made numerous proclamations about what you experienced but never explained HOW YOU KNOW what created those experiences. Saying you've had lots of experiences is not an an answer to my questions. Could you please answer the questions I asked?
edit on 12-10-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hi David,

I am simply seeking an answer to a question that I've had for a long time. And, like many other things, I need to find that answer for myself, not just take someone's word.

To me, there seem to be at least 2 aspects to this. One is the company of doing things which you enjoy with others who also enjoy doing them. The other is seeking answers. To that I would have a suggestion. I have just bought a William Buhlman book The Secret of the Soul. He has written a few and he is/has been a tutor at the Munroe Institute which researches into out-of-body experiences(OBE) & journeys. This OBE thing might be a way for you to experience other dimensions and the entities who live there (including ghosts, aliens, spirits etc)

Proof of this kind of mystic/psychic subject never comes as something which can be repeated by science but it does seem from the testimonies in the book mentioned above that if the techniques given are practiced then the results will give you the 'experience' and proof that you require and also give you a few answers to the age old question of what happens before/after life.

The other thing you could try is learning dowsing as this brings the collective consciousness and energy systems into reach of our senses.
Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

You didn't answer either of my questions. I read numerous posts by you on another thread and you made numerous proclamations about what you experienced but never explained HOW YOU KNOW what created those experiences. Saying you've had lots of experiences is not an an answer to my questions. Could you please answer the questions I asked?

Well, gee, I thought I was speaking plainly enough. It's all in my threads.

To answer your question... protect yourself from evil spirits/demons by saying a prayer for protection, using different gems that ward off negative energy, raising your consciousness to a level of love/positive thinking, imagining a protective bubble of white or golden light surrounding your body that evil cannot penetrate, ask your guardian angels/spirit guides to protect you, etc. There are many ways to protect yourself; take your pick.
Read up on it, and practice it; that's how I know it. When you do the same you will "know these things" too.

edit on 10/13/2014 by sled735 because: format

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I could take you to a place but I wouldn't want to be responsible for what would happen to you, like it happened to me.

I don't know if it was paranormal, mind control, extra dimensional, ufo related or cults, but everytime I go to the San Luis valley some kind of high strangeness happens to me. I took a friend fishing up there once and he hasn't talked to me since and won't tell me what happened.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hey DAVID64: I'll just chime in here with everyone else, but maybe in a slightly different way. Not that you shouldn't volunteer. My belief is that most, if not all, supernatural evidences or happenings, for lack of a better word at the moment, are the product of the bio electromagnetic, geomagnetic field surrounding the earth. Though, I would look into and do some research on ley lines, as that may be a tad bit different. But then, not really, as those are likely just where "quadrants" of the grid of geomagnetism meets another field…..

Perhaps this is just what spirits use to come through to us, or fade out, I don't know. Of course, this isn't what your thread is talking about, but I thought I'd post it anyway. I am not in your area, so cannot be of help.

But gophering is what they do to beginning volunteers, as others have stated already.
Good luck in your pursuit, regardless.
tetra50

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Well, gee, I thought I was speaking plainly enough. It's all in my threads.

To answer your question... protect yourself from evil spirits/demons by saying a prayer for protection, using different gems that ward off negative energy, raising your consciousness to a level of love/positive thinking, imagining a protective bubble of white or golden light surrounding your body that evil cannot penetrate, ask your guardian angels/spirit guides to protect you, etc. There are many ways to protect yourself; take your pick.
Read up on it, and practice it; that's how I know it. When you do the same you will "know these things" too.

You haven't explained how you know for a fact that they're "evil spirits/demons". Please do so. You haven't explained how you know for fact that "different gems ward off negative energy". You haven't explained how you know for a fact that "evil" can not penetrate a "bubble of white or golden light". You haven't explained how you know for a fact that guardian angels/spirit guides exist. You haven't explained how you know for a fact that prayer (and to what or whom?) protects one. How about offering some testable evidence proving these extraordinary claims? Or is this just another believe in Jesus pitch?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

How about you go find the answers yourself, because the only way to know (proof) these things exist is from personal experience.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

How about you go find the answers yourself, because the only way to know (proof) these things exist is from personal experience.

Thank you for proving my suspicions correct t: you're making up a bunch of claims of fact and can't prove any of them. We all have beliefs but when someone claims that their beliefs are facts, I ask for testable evidence. Clearly, you have none.
edit on 14-10-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join