It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are you an energy drink consumer?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Tea. Nothing but tea.

I don't do coffee. I have had, on occasion, a soda.

I'm a mad-man, I know.
edit on 11-10-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I used to like the little cans of Amp, but they don't make them anymore. Shame. I'm stuck with coffee. None of the other energy drinks taste good.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Other than the occassional energy drink and the infrequent carbonated beverage, iced tea is my preference. In fact I have 48 ounces of it currently sitting in front of me in what I like to call my "man cup".

To all posters: If you have a Circle-K near you, they have an energy drink line called Gazzu that is actually quite good and, at least here, is about a dollar per can.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
a reply to: Emerald53

yeah. i might drink a couple a year.
aside from the pissing 1,000 times a day after i drink them i also noticed that my normally normal colored urine seemed to look a lot more radioactive...
dont think your pee is supposed to be nuclear waste neon green.

That's the B-complex vitamins.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Here was my experience with Monster energy drinks. Almost a year since my last one, and feeling much healthier.

I liked them, because I liked the taste, which grew to love, after feeling what it could do for me. If I consumed 4 regular sized monsters, I could go 6 hours without any breaks, and barely even break a sweat. This is what grew my addiction to them.
Eventually, I surpassed all my coworkers, getting raises and promotions.

Then one night, after work, my insides exploded in pain, and only continued to get worse and worse until I finally went into the emergency room.

A few hours later, after I was discharged, I get a call from the people who did the ultrasound on me. They said they couldn't see my gallbladder and I needed surgery immediately.

I was expecting to wake up with just 4 pin-holes, however they discovered all my insides were covered... with internal gangrene.

So I woke up with a giant incision from the center top of my chest to the very bottom of my right side. They took out my gallbladder, appendix, and 14 inches of my colon.

This put me out of work for 3 months, 3 very painful months.

So yeah, that's how it turned out for me. I don't know if they were the cause of it all, but I'm sure they helped in some way.

Just got to find the right balance of food, and you can easily go without them. Energy drinks sucked most of the potassium out of me. I was on many 4 1/2 hour long bags of them when I first went in.

edit on 10/11/2014 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Coffee for me thank you. Anyone with common sense should know that red bulls should be stayed away from unless you are a Matador.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

You say monsterS, implying more than 1?

If just one does what you say, I'd take her to a doctor fast..

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
First one I can remember being on the market was in the eighties, was called "jolt"

All the sugar and twice the caffeine of a regular soda was their motto I think.

Tried it once or twice, nah. The modern energy drinks taste disgusting to me. A good cup of Coffee on the other hand is delicious

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I was a huge caffeine junky back in the day.

Tempered it with tea. No sugar, no sweetners.

Soda's I still have on occasion.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: suz62
I used to like the little cans of Amp, but they don't make them anymore. Shame. I'm stuck with coffee. None of the other energy drinks taste good.

The ones I was talking about earlier are non carbonated. They are like gatorade taste-wise. Made with cane sugar. They're just nicer all around. Food Lion has them ...some food lions. Other than that Fresh Market used to have them until they started selling monster so they took away my goodies.

They had another drink for hangovers.. what was it called? Detox.. "Function urban detox".. Loved that one. Id come into work, dead inside (3 hours before store opened so ok) grab one off the shelf and be up and running before the customers got there.

I've also seen them at big lots. They were on sale for 75 cents so I bought all of them mwahahahaha..

But as I said earlier you should have food in your stomach preferably with fat in it. Especially for things like 5 hour energy.

Not all Energy drinks are the same.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I feel like coffee and energy drinks have no effect whatsoever on me.
I wish they did because when I drink them I really need a little "pick me up". I usually just drink them for the taste when I do have one. I'm starting to really like the coffee-energy drinks, they're like liquid candy... but I don't feel any "energy" from them.

One time I drank so much monster in one day I had chest pains though... since then I've only drank them in extreme moderation.

I had a 5 hour energy shot once... it looked and tasted like vomit and I saw no energy benefit from it.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa

I had a 5 hour energy shot once... it looked and tasted like vomit and I saw no energy benefit from it.

Did you eat beforehand?

Vitamin B-12 (main ingredient that does anything in 5 hour) helps turn food into energy. Without the food, you're pretty much just getting the 100mg of caffeine in the shot. I used it as part of my hangover remedy because alcohol depletes B vitamins. Depleted B vitamins leads to fatigue and memory loss qualities, and long term leads to nerve damage.

You also don't want to drink the shot all at once on an empty stomach anyway cause you will lose most if it without using it..

It's like a $3.00 cup of coffee at that point.

edit on 11-10-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yeah I do. Been trying to ween off of it, but it can be hard. There's certainly an addictive quality to it, and it's expensive!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
They all taste like crap. so, no.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Those 5-hour shots taste like cough syrup. Blech.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
a reply to: Emerald53

yeah. i might drink a couple a year.
aside from the pissing 1,000 times a day after i drink them i also noticed that my normally normal colored urine seemed to look a lot more radioactive...
dont think your pee is supposed to be nuclear waste neon green.

Someone was drinking AMP. I used to drink one of those every day on my lunch break. I stopped for that exact reason.
Plus my old boss would drink a CASE (from BJs) a week of red bull. Then he had a severe heart attack at 40, with no family history of heart disease. The doctors told him that was the reason.
I think some of the big appeal to us younger folks is that Monster and Red Bull sponser all sorts of sports and events especially motor cross, rally racing, and all sorts of other "extreme sports". Look at Felix Baumgartner he was sponsored by Red Bull.
But I'm waiting for the day they find out all of those drinks are laced with some other highly addictive substance.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

LOL Heff!

Your first response cracked me up and I instantly thought of this pic from another thread:

On topic:
I used to drink my fair share of energy drinks but mostly cause of the flavor, in fact they don't seem to give you much of a boost at all and they are expensive as hell. Not to mention how unhealthy they are.

If you're looking for a boost, the only ones that I think work are the ones that come in the tiny bottles under various names. The original Red Bulls in the small glass bottles used to be good.

Lately I just stick to drinking my tea or iced tea and very rarely buy and energy drink.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I like Monster and Rockstar (certain flavors, not everything they make) I have a ridiculously high caffeine tolerance, though, so I get absolutely zero boost from it, I drink them for the flavors. My running average lately for coffee is 2 pots a day, closing in on 3 here & there. I still get no boost from even than much caffeine. I'm a lost cause when it comes to energy drinks, they really do nothing for me other than taste good. Same for the energy shots (but they don't taste good to me) The only time caffeine has ever given me a significant rush for a good length of time was when I used to down a pack of Mad Croc gum or fistful of caffeine tablets in a short period (like, under 30 minutes)

Edit: Come to think of it, is there anything OTC aside from these caffeinated things that give a noticeable boost??
edit on 10/11/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: Aldakoopa

Did you eat beforehand?

Vitamin B-12 (main ingredient that does anything in 5 hour) helps turn food into energy. Without the food, you're pretty much just getting the 100mg of caffeine in the shot. I used it as part of my hangover remedy because alcohol depletes B vitamins. Depleted B vitamins leads to fatigue and memory loss qualities, and long term leads to nerve damage.

You also don't want to drink the shot all at once on an empty stomach anyway cause you will lose most if it without using it..

It's like a $3.00 cup of coffee at that point.

I don't know if I did or not. It was years ago. Never wanted another one anyway after it looked and tasted so nasty. It was chunky and brown. I'm not sure if they're supposed to be chunky, brown, and taste like stomach acid, but this one did.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Coffee flavored Monsters or the Starbucks Mocha in a can are what they serve in Heaven.

We are so lucky the Angels decided that mere humans could have and enjoy what was originally created for the heavenly hosts. And available at your closest 7/11; I know it's hard to believe; but it's true.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join