It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Applause !

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Life lesson learned.

I hope, by all who have responded that they figured they shouldn't respond to an applause PM because it indicates responding will go to a nonexistent mailbox.

Nothing in this life is as obvious or simple as it appears to be BEFORE you give yourself an opportunity to READ what's actually written, and THINK IT THROUGH.

Or, better yet, take the time to consider it if it seems odd and look at why, answers are usually in plain site if we take the time to look at and think about them...

It's all good, hopefully a few thousand people who take what they see literally, and as an absolute will ponder its meaning,
or reason for being going forward and act accordingly.

That alone makes this thread valuable.

Mark...
edit on 10-14-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Sorry Springer, I don't understand.

...............You received a 500 point bonus, keep up the good work. Do not reply to this U2U.

I always took note of the last bit. Sounded like a royal command, one of the rules.

I have always appreciated the rules and only slipped up a very few times. Your site, and I appreciate it, your rules.

I am glad the rule does not apply. There have been many times when I have really appreciated an Applause and wanted to say thanks. The words 'Do not reply to this U2U' seemed rather bleak and final.

P

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I look on *stars* as appreciation or accolades from fellow pupils (members)

of the ATS school ....

*Applauses* as the accolade of teachers (moderators)
.... But as this

acknowledgement is unseen by the other pupils, would it be possible to put an

#
# somewhere on that particular post so that others can see that, that

particular post is somewhat a *special* post?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Oh God...

Can I suggest that that would be a bad idea eletheia? That would lead to suggestions that certain members are "applause whores", as has been suggested about stars and flags. I think the system is good as it is!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I get your point.

Can an applause have a visibility to other members ? ...

I think that the personal 'nod' from staff goes a lot further than Stars and Flags.
I used the word personal, because that is my take on it.

To make this special accolade public - would in my opinion - cause more envy, thus lessening its worth.

The applause is factored in to your wats ( as I believe ) so it is in a way - public.

System is pretty good in my humble opinion.

... With True Brit on this ...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If you ever get curious about such things, the number of applause a member has receieved is part of their profile - just click their username and you can see their stats - as well as all of their contributions - posts and threads created.

This is actually one of the things I enjoy doing. If I start to notice a member for making posts that stand out to me, I'll visit their profiles. Often I find that they've been posting great things for a lot longer than I had been aware of and that their profiles are treasure troves of threads or posts I had missed.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=Timely[post]

I get your point.

Can an applause have a visibility to other members ? ...

Yes, applause is an *audio pronunciation* .... when a 'speech' or any

other type of 'performance' receives applause it is heard by everyone

at that performance, likewise if a post receives an applause surely all

the other partakers should hear and know?? How does one get a

silent applause?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

That's true .... however it is only that member who knows that a

particular post of theirs received an applause for the content of a

post, and like I said in my post above this .... applause in RL can be

heard by all at the same venue, and here on the internet we can only

'see' applause which we are not being 'shown.'

I know that if you want you can check up on how many applause's a

member has .... but that isn't my point.

My point being that it is not how many a member has but which

posts receive an accolade!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I was always under the impression that you were not supposed to respond to the applause.

So to all mods who have sent me an applause over the years.

THANK YOU!

They do give a feel good feeling and is a great way to know that your post or thread has been noticed,
and acknowledged by those in charge.
They really do make me smile,
and that is always a very good thing!

S(ok no star, but I would give you one if I could in this forum)&F Timely for getting this cleared out and in the open.
I will now personally thank for an Applause in the future.

edit on 15-10-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Thank you mods that have applauded my humble efforts on these good boards..
I too thought i couldn't respond to you.

So thanks mods .. the applause given has pulled me from the darkside.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That would almost ruin the point of the applause system. The word "applause" might be throwing you off. It's more like a "thank you" from a staff member, a pat on the back if you will. I applaud all sorts of posts. I will applaud posts that make me laugh, for example - even if they are technically off-topic. I will applaud posts I absolutely disagree with on a moral level, but respect the work put into them and they way they are presented. I have applauded the posts of those I was in heated debate with because I respected the enthusiasm shown by the other participant in the argument.

If that curtain were pulled back? If people could see it all? It would take away a bit from the freedom to applaud certain things. Certainly I would no longer feel free to applaud a technically off-topic post because it was ingenius and comedic.

Make sense?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
(Pushing through the line of Auto Reply Police!)

I want to Publicly Thank all The Mods who have given me Praise with their Applause!!!
I appreciate You All!! THANK YOU!!!
edit on 18-10-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Flyers Fan, thanks for the Applause.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I want to publicly thank all the Mods who have given me
their Applause!!! It was greatly appreciated!!!
I too thought we were NOT suppose to respond.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Has the creator of this thread been applauded yet for it or would that break the coding and crash the site?

Anywhos I thank every mod that has applauded me now and even one I got a temp ban from when very drunk one night. Keep up the good work . I do and always will hate to see infighting in any form ats . I hope you may finally be coming to your senses on a few things.
I do feel that reaching out to some banned members may be a good thing if and when both sides can work things out. It takes two to argue three to disagree and four to compromise . Please dont steal that line and give it to Einstein.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

I know a banned member who's a little nuts, but didn't mean what they said and they regret it now because they can't participate. It's a post-ban. At least they can still read.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Spruce

OK yeah I know that things happen behind the scenes and we never have all the info so and lets drop it now please . I just felt I needed to give some food for thought.
And we are all a little crazy

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
A big thank you to the MODS
who never open their messages

I must have stumbled into a parallel universe , its normally warnings i get

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
. It takes two to argue three to disagree and four to compromise . Please dont steal that line and give it to Einstein.

He would just plagiarize it anyway
and beat you up when he was drunk if you were a woman

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join