It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Applause !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A word of caution... Replying to the auto generated PM will cause a rift in time, loose the jackals, and cause odious discombobulation in the realm known as AboveTopSecret.com.

BUT...

Sending the staffer who applauded you a PM will likely cause a Smile. Like this:

edit on 10-11-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What can I say...?
I get them so seldom, I figured they were accidents...and if I brought anyones' attention to them, they might disappear.
Plus, I thought - "What if that really was sincere? Now I don't know what to say..." ...and, start biting my nails, again.

They truly give warm fuzzies... Kinda like surprise birthday parties.
So - Thanks to each and all!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer
So - are you saying its worth the risk?
Sounds like a lot is at stake, here...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well, I've only gotten 5 applause over the years but never bothered to reply with thank yous cause it stated not to reply and I didn't want to be any more of a pain in someones ass than I already am.

So since this is a good place for blanket thank yous... THANK YOU to those who have applauded me.
From now on I will be sending PM's instead of waiting for threads like this.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Thank you so much to those who have given me applause. I too thought we were just to accept the applause and that was it. If I could go back in time and say a hearty thanks I would. I hope those who gave it remember.

Great thread! Thanks Timely.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
[modsonly]
Seriously fellow mods? Was it really necessary to tell our dear members that the "Do Not Respond" actually didn't mean do not respond?! Now we're going to get all kinds of nice messages instead of the usual hate-mail... Sigh. Next thing that will happen is members will discover that we're just ordinary people... Do you understand the implications!? We'll actually build up friendships and enjoy pleasant conversations!?

Oh the humanity! What have you done!?

[/modsonly]

edit on 11/10/2014 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
[modsonly]
Seriously fellow mods? Was it really necessary to tell our dear members that the "Do Not Respond" actually didn't mean do not respond?! Now we're going to get all kinds of nice messages instead of the usual hate-mail... Sigh. Next thing that will happen is members will discover that we're just ordinary people... Do you understand the implications!? We'll actually build up friendships and enjoy pleasant conversations!?

Oh the humanity! What have you done!?

[/modsonly]

Oh My! With this one single innocent thread Timely may have completely upset the ATS universe! The balance has shifted!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
odious discombobulation

Well we certainly can't have THAT! OH THE HORROR!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have messaged and thanked every mod/admin/owner who has ever applauded me. I don't use the U2U they sent me to do it though. I just send them a whole separate U2U. None of them have ever seemed bothered by it, and quite a few have appreciated it. I've even had some damn good conversations come out of it.

They are people too.

Slayer is correct also, in that you can also alert a mod to a post or thread you feel is applause worthy. I have done it quite a few times. Sometimes the applause is given, sometimes it is not. But the mods can't read everything and sometimes really good content may slip through. No harm in alerting them to some good stuff.

edit on 10/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I agree the automessage makes you feel as though you shouldn't contact them.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
NO ONE CONTACT ME!!!!!

You all scare the BEEJEZUS out of me

(Sarcasm)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
WOW now I do feel bad I have only received one applause ,its been so long ago ,my in box no longer shows who gave it to me.So whom ever sent it to me thanks a million.I was so exited I actually stepped away from my laptop to show my wife

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Just a quick note of thanks to the staff in general for any applauses you gave me that I did not respond to personally. Over the years, I usually write a thanks note once they have applauded me 3 or 4 times or so, with no particular number in mind. Since applauses are pretty rare, I make my personal responses to them even rarer- that, and because the auto message sometimes wards me off from thanking them. I don't want to become a nuisance, and if we keep writing to them every time, and everyone did that, their inboxes would pile up to scary levels- that's assuming they are giving a lot of applauses site wide. But every once in a while it doesn't hurt to message them and say "Hey thanks!"

And FF, thanks btw for the last few. It is refreshing to have someone applauding posts in the Fragile Earth forum. There are some real hard workers in there. One member in particular, Olivine, consistently shows good research and valuable contributions to threads in the FE forum with her posts. She is clearly a giver, and not just a taker. Please award her accordingly! Thanks,

TA

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
And FF, thanks btw for the last few. It is refreshing to have someone applauding posts in the Fragile Earth forum.

Well deserved applause.

I'm also always on the lookout for great metaphysical and philosophy threads. They are my favorite subjects and I love it when someone tickles my brain with a great thread in those forums.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

You can absolutely message the staffer who applauded you to say "Thanks" - automessage be damned! Point of fact, it gives me a good feeling when members do so.

Here's to hoping I don't end up getting black bagged for rebelling against the automessage.

HEFF!! you're not supposed to give out that info, that's about as sacred as giving out the keys to the coffee room...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
some creepy avatars this halloween, but yeah i think you should bug the mods every oportunity you have,
they try to act cool but they love the attention.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If I get applauded for a post, it makes me feel all fuzzy and warm...nice to know amongst hundreds of posts one is worthwhile, lol.

Any mod who has applauded a post of mine in the past, thank you....I would have done it via reply, but the do not reply put me off..

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I was right, they do appreciate it.

I knew they were human.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ya, thanks for all the applause mods!

I have no idea why you would ever give me such an accolade, but thanks all the same.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I got an applause once, and didn't answer because the "law of ATS" told me not to respond. So to the wonderful moderators here, thank you one and all, and if you've ever mistakenly applauded me, thanks to you personally. Signed, Guilty in Guatemala (or somewhere).

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join