It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it okay to accept you will be alone till you die

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think it's healthy to be comfortable on your own.
Even if you meet someone in the future.
Relationships are healthier between people that are not mutually co-dependent.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yes, i meant "content". Let me add, i see family all the time. No friends outside of my family. I don't feel i'm superior to anyone or anything, I prefer to think we are one, you know, "The Egg" story?

Balance, I feel balanced, content, happy.

originally posted by: BleeeeepI think there is a fine line between enlightenment/disillusionment and disassociation that you might want to watch out for.

Ha, hmm ok, agreed.

originally posted by: HefficideHow about "Alone until you potentially meet a person who changes your outlook"?

I can dig it.

a reply to: JimNasium

I strongly relate to alot of what you said. And i will check out the pages and meditation stuffs you mentioned. Thanks.

originally posted by: N3k9Nibut you can at least take some solace in knowing you’re not the only one who feels the way you do.

I can only express my thankfulness so much over the internet for the replies... awesome.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Years ago I read 2 books called The Naked Ape and The Human Zoo, both written by the anthropologist, Desmond Morris.

In these books, Morris talks about the "stimulus struggle" which is vital for a contented life.

Simple concept...too much stimulation makes you stressed; too little, you get bored (and, ironically, that causes stress).

You seek the happy medium...whatever that is, because it's different for everyone.

For some, just being around people makes them stressed; I guess that would be you (and, to some extent, me).

For others, being alone too much is the stressor, and these people actively seek the company of others to avoid feeling stressed.

If you are feeling just reasonably content with your lot in life, then you have found the happy medium, and you should not seek to change the status quo.

No matter what anyone else thinks.

<< 1   >>

join