It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Bynes Marijuana and Schizophrenia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: UMayBRite!

moderation is the key...like with anything

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So people can't be crazy any longer? It has to be blamed on a plant? Where is the evidence of this?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vandettas

Basically, the OP and his cronies are stating that if you happen to spot a joint, say, from across a crowded gymnasium, and it doesn't even have to be lit mind you, that you better run as the sight of that joint will cause you to be schizophrenic.

Ok, I may have exaggerated a bit. Just a bit, though. The OP started a Troll topic (six pages in, where is he and his infinite wisdom?) and as of yet I have not seen any proof whatsoever of the clams made here.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What you non-schizo people think about the following will not phase me. I used a small drop of "coal tar soap" on my teeth, and on the outside on my cheeks also, brought voices down to near zero volume. I didnt do this daily, but found that one can stop the voices using certain fabrics, chemicals on windows, wax on metal and windows, medication. And mental focus and force. Its been 3 days since I found my personal method keeping things silent.

What can cause people to act crazy in public is the voices use hypnotic suggestion by going into what seems to be the sub conscious and motor function parts of the brain to completelysubdue the victim, taking over speech and action while simultaneously using overt spoken scenarios trapping the victim through fear using "white lies"
edit on 12-10-2014 by sanitizedinfo because: added

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yes it is wrong. How do you know that it was the pot smoking that triggered the Schizophrenia Twin A? How do you know it was not something else that triggered? How do you monitor that person to the extreme so that you can honestly say for 100% sure that cannabis is what triggered it? It is impossible!!!!!!!!!!

Let's put it in simple terms: correlation is not causality.

Read this: What has research over the past two decades revealed about the adverse health effects of recreational cannabis use?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher
He has 0 proof. Just the same regurgitated lies that have been circulating for decades.

This is a great read: What has research over the past two decades revealed about the adverse health effects of recreational cannabis use?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Schizophrenia is not induced by marijuana. It is in your DNA. While I will concede that there may be some sort of correlation between schizophrenia and marijuana use it is difficult to say what that relationship is. Correlation is not causation. Also, 600x more likely is an outrageous statistical variance. Please list sources for these studies.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sanitizedinfo
What you non-schizo people think about the following will not phase me. I used a small drop of "coal tar soap" on my teeth, and on the outside on my cheeks also, brought voices down to near zero volume. I didnt do this daily, but found that one can stop the voices using certain fabrics, chemicals on windows, wax on metal and windows, medication. And mental focus and force. Its been 3 days since I found my personal method keeping things silent.

What can cause people to act crazy in public is the voices use hypnotic suggestion by going into what seems to be the sub conscious and motor function parts of the brain to completelysubdue the victim, taking over speech and action while simultaneously using overt spoken scenarios trapping the victim through fear using "white lies"

I can't even imagine what that must be like to deal with, however putting chemicals on your window?..the problem is within your brain chemistry not your windows, if it makes you feel better go for it I guess.. are you on any type of conventional meds or therapy?
I hope you find some peace.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Why is it that people can't believe me when i say "voices are both in and outside but resonate in a human where the invaders create a focal point" stop thinking its just someones insanity and look towards invasive technology imitating an illness"!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria

Yes it is wrong. How do you know that it was the pot smoking that triggered the Schizophrenia Twin A? How do you know it was not something else that triggered? How do you monitor that person to the extreme so that you can honestly say for 100% sure that cannabis is what triggered it? It is impossible!!!!!!!!!!

Let's put it in simple terms: correlation is not causality.

Read this: What has research over the past two decades revealed about the adverse health effects of recreational cannabis use?

My hypothetical example took care of all that, it was a hypothetical situation, which you refused to answer because you did not like the answer you would have to give.

In any one case you can not determine if pot was the cause (much like you can not claim cigarettes are the cause for lung cancer in a particular case), what you can do is determine pot is A cause for schizophrenia, in the same way you can determine cigarettes cause cancer.

This is all pretty basic stuff. You have to intentionally choose to be ignorant to remain so.

Your problem is that there is both a correlative and causative effect between smoking pot and schizophrenia, but you want to dismiss one and solely focus on the other.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: sanitizedinfo
a reply to: vonclod

Why is it that people can't believe me when i say "voices are both in and outside but resonate in a human where the invaders create a focal point" stop thinking its just someones insanity and look towards invasive technology imitating an illness"!

Because the illness predates the technology needed.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse
a reply to: wantsome

Schizophrenia is not induced by marijuana. It is in your DNA. While I will concede that there may be some sort of correlation between schizophrenia and marijuana use it is difficult to say what that relationship is. Correlation is not causation. Also, 600x more likely is an outrageous statistical variance. Please list sources for these studies.

Except studies with twins shows an increase in schizophrenia with pot smokers, same DNA, different rates of schizophrenia.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Then why do I hearr announcements as loud as jets claiming to be the following:

International psychotronics system
F.b.I
Local police

Followed by a control voice counting
A computer voice talking saying "he's here"
And wake up to sadistic messages or aliens, because your all ignorant and are forgetting nanofibers, low magnetic tissue resonance, orother possible magneto resonance directly through brain into hearing

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vandettas
So people can't be crazy any longer? It has to be blamed on a plant? Where is the evidence of this?

Evidence.

1. It IS addictive. 9% become addictive, about 17% who start smoking young become addicted, an d up to 50% of daily users become addicted.

Anthony, J.; Warner, L.A.; and Kessler, R.C. Comparative epidemiology of dependence on tobacco, alcohol, controlled substances, and inhalants: Basic findings from the National Comorbidity Survey. Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 2:244–268, 1994.

Hall, W.; and Degenhardt, L. Adverse health effects of non-medical cannabis use. Lancet 374:1383–1391, 2009.

Hall, W. The adverse health effects of cannabis use: What are they, and what are their implications for policy? Int J of Drug Policy 20:458–466, 2009

www.webmd.com...

2. Heavy marijuana use as a teenager may cause changes in brain structure that resemble schizophrenia

www.futurity.org...

Even casual MJ use "MAY" changes the brain. (correlative not causative study)

www.sfn.org...

3. Research on twins.

Lynskey, M.T.; Heath, A.C.; Bucholz, K.K.; Slutske, W.S.; Madden, P.A.; Nelson, E.C.; Statham, D.J.; and Martin, N.G. Escalation of drug use in early-onset cannabis users vs. co-twin controls. JAMA 289(4):427–433, 2003.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

I may be retarded, but I can't figure out why you kept smoking after it started to make you "extremely" paranoid?

That's pretty macho, I guess.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This thread is the type of misinformation that slows the coming legalization. Don't worry, friend. It'll happen whether you spread lies or not. At first, I thought this was a joke thread. Then, I became sure it was, though I doubt it's intentional. ha

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Even moderate smoking can lead to brain damage.

The scientists, from Harvard Medical School and Northwestern University in Chicago, analysed MRI brain scans of 20 young cannabis users aged 18 to 25.

They compared them to the brain scans 20 young people who never smoked the drug.

Smoking cannabis even casually can damage core structures of the brain, an authoritative study has found.

Just using the drug once or twice a week affects the size and shape of two key brain regions involved in emotion and motivation, the research shows.

In each case changes were seen that were directly related to how much cannabis was smoked.

The nucleus accumbens of cannabis users was unusually large, while the amygdala was deformed.

Professor Breiter said: ‘Some of these people only used marijuana to get high once or twice a week.

‘People think a little recreational use shouldn’t cause a problem, if someone is doing OK with work or school. Our data directly says this is not the case.’

www.dailymail.co.uk... ndition-smoke-without-risk-genes.html

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The scientists, from Harvard Medical School and Northwestern University in Chicago, analysed MRI brain scans of 20 young cannabis users aged 18 to 25.

They compared them to the brain scans 20 young people who never smoked the drug.

Smoking cannabis even casually can damage core structures of the brain, an authoritative study has found.

Just using the drug once or twice a week affects the size and shape of two key brain regions involved in emotion and motivation, the research shows.

In each case changes were seen that were directly related to how much cannabis was smoked.

The nucleus accumbens of cannabis users was unusually large, while the amygdala was deformed.

Professor Breiter said: ‘Some of these people only used marijuana to get high once or twice a week.

‘People think a little recreational use shouldn’t cause a problem, if someone is doing OK with work or school. Our data directly says this is not the case.’

of course this will happen to an adolescent brain....tell me what were the finding on alcohol for the same aged kids....what happened to the brains of kids that age who took prescription pills ?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

of course this will happen to an adolescent brain....tell me what were the finding on alcohol for the same aged kids....what happened to the brains of kids that age who took prescription pills ?

The point is the erroneous belief that pot causes no damage, and definitely not with moderate use.

That is simply wrong.

ETA: Pot advocates would be much better off saying "of course it has health risks, but those risks are not great enough to warrant it being illegal, much like Tobacco and Alcohol also carry risks."

I would agree with that. As it is pot advocates scream there are no risks and it's 100% safe and kids smoke it thinking nothing can go wrong, especially in moderation ....

ETA2: Just because you did ask and it's a valid point. Drinking ...
"Casual" binge drinking has a big impact. That means drunk several times a month. It effects their memory.
www.npr.org...

I don't know of any study that finds a negative impact of having 1 or 2 drinks a week. If you find one I would be interested in reading it, it's not studied much.
edit on 12-10-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

The point is the erroneous belief that pot causes no damage, and definitely not with moderate use. That is simply wrong.

agreed....as with alcohol,prescription meds etc ...anything that affects the brains can cause damage and that damage is relative to the person and their tolerances...

ETA: Pot advocates would be much better off saying "of course it has health risks, but those risks are not great enough to warrant it being illegal, much like Tobacco and Alcohol also carry risks."

again i agree.....but in this day and age is there anything that doesnt cause damage ?....drink too much coke it will affect your health...same goes with fast foods...

i have a problem when people start to compare pot to hard drugs like heroin....

i think it should be legalized and the same sort of warning should be implemented as done with tobacco and alcohol...lets face facts we are not going to stop kids trying these things no matter what...better to be warned and then allow a decision to be made based on some sort of truth...

you are right in saying that people believe it is not at all harmful because it is much less harmful than other things in our society and like everything a persons DNA plays a huge role in how things affects them

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join