It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Bynes Marijuana and Schizophrenia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec
a reply to: sanitizedinfo

Any pharmaceutical that affects neurotransmitters can do harm or good. It's definitely scary to know how close these can come to sending one into a manic or schizoid episode.

Schizophrenia and cannabis use may share common genes

Genes that increase the risk of developing schizophrenia may also increase the likelihood of using cannabis, according to a new study. Previous studies have identified a link between cannabis use and schizophrenia, but it has remained unclear whether this association is due to cannabis directly increasing the risk of the disorder. The new results suggest that part of this association is due to common genes

Basically if you have the gene, it could potentially be triggered by cannabis. To say that cannabis causes schizophrenia is completely wrong.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: BABYBULL24

Guten Morgen- Firstly, I have to ask... Are You a Orlando Cepeda fan? One of His nicknames was "Baby Bull" or Cha Cha...

During My employ as a cop in Ca. in which I dealt with numerous folks dealing with this subject matter, after 100s of hours of interviews with (V)-ictims (W)-itnesses and (S)-uspects I found a great majority of the 'predators' were abused as children and swore they would never do such a deed..

That guy in the pic has a striking resemblance to 'Pedo Bear' Probably a 'cast off' from a Disney™-like animation house that also knows this truly "dirty" secret...

No sorry before my time:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Think Katy Perry said it best:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
So decided not going to start a new thread about this but ran across this thread & you can take it or leave any of it - if you read the post from start to finish you wlll get an idea of what's going out there in Hollywood w/Disney & Nick and all the rest of it - I just threw quotes around the stuff - it's too much data to put in quote box but there is crazy stuff going on there this is just something i bookmarked that grabbed my attention:

"So Im reading the thread that someone posted on heer (Jessica Simpson MTV House...) and one font talked about how her mother confronted the men in a room and one of them "physically changed"...let me post it...

I am a former female child star. I Was very well known for a very short period of time. I did not grow up in Hollywood, but moved there with my mom when I was 7. I now live in a city far from L.A. and have a normal job and life now. I was told about this website and this thread yesterday. I have been intently watching since.

This thread is one of the more unbelievable things I have read in a while. No, not unbelievable as in I don't believe it. Quite the opposite. I do believe it. I hope for Jessica's sake they don't have tapes of her private life. I really do. But I wouldn't bet against it. At all.

The main issues brought to light by this, are in my opinion, far more important than whether tapes exist. When I said that this is unbelievable, I meant it from the aspect that I cannot believe that people like me are finally doing this. Telling what really happened to them. People actually speaking the truth about Hollywood.

I too was very touched by starchild. Very. There is a reason why I am not in the biz any longer. It is because I was exposed to things and people that I could not deal with. I was an emotional, and spiritual, and physical wreck after my short run at the top. I too was abused by people within the sick world of Hollywood. I fortunately never experienced near the level that starchild, or many others I personally knew did.

I had to perform sex acts with people I barely knew to stay cast in the show I was on. If I refused, I was cut. For a while I gave in to the pressures because I was afraid. I had gone to parties that a preteen should never have attended. While there, I was propositioned and threatened harm all at once. Drugs were everywhere, but it was the darker things I witnessed that scared me to death. I was told that if I ever told anyone about what they made me do, they would get rid of me and my mother.

I finally confessed in a broken state to my mother what I had been forced to do and she confronted everyone where I worked. She was taken to a private meeting when I was 13 and has never told me what took place since. My mother has never been the same. All she has told me, and that did not come until years later when I was an adult, was that she was talking to many men in a room and yelling at them when one of them physically changed.

I have asked her to explain more on several occasions but she won't. She gets this horrific look upon her face and seems to go back to that day whenever I tried to mention it. I have since stopped because whatever she saw, and whatever they did, has traumatized my mother severely. I do not know what she saw, but I do know that there are demons in Hollywood. I know first hand.

and more

^ They shapeshifted in front of your mom. They can do this. I wonder what they told her to keep silent like she has? What an awful experience.
Quoting: Anonymous Coward 762510

I just heard about shapeshifting for my first time yesterday.

I told a close friend that I work with now about my past ordeals. She is like family and I trust her and her husband. He is very anti-government and has for years been telling anyone that would listen that they blew up the twin towers. He happens to be a highly paid construction engineer and says it had to have been. That was my first experience with conspiracy talk was listening to his rants once he had a couple beers.

They have known about my past but I had not told them what my mother said about one of them physically changing. Not until yesterday. Evidently her husband is an avid reader on this forum. He ran across this thread and they came over and showed it to me. Some have said they cried while reading this. Well you can add one more.

I told them about the one and only thing my mother ever told me about that day she was in that room. Immediately her husband shouted out that one of them shapeshifted. Like he was excited. It kind of startled me. He then gave me two books by a guy named David dIcke and some videos of this man as well. I stayed up last night until 4:30 watching them all. I was in shock to say the least.

I don't even know what to think anymore. What he was saying just seemed true. The only thing I could not swallow him saying was when he said stuff about Christ that I did not agree with. I attend church regularly and that has literally been my saving grace. But all the things he said otherwise just seemed to fit even what all I know about the bible. It also fit with what my mother said she saw.

Like I said before, there are demons in Hollywood, for sure."

Lipstick Alley

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I work in psychiatry and it's absolutely true. Especially heavy drug use as an adolescent.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria
Basically if you have the gene, it could potentially be triggered by cannabis. To say that cannabis causes schizophrenia is completely wrong.

It's not wrong. Anyone who says cannabis alone does it would be wrong. No one with any knowledge says that though.

This is why you are wrong.

Twin A and Twin B are 100% identical in all things, they live identical lives. The sole exception is that Twin A smokes pot and Twin B does not. If Twin A develops schizophrenia triggered by pot use and Twin B never does because he does not smoke pot, though both share the same risk factors, would you not say the Schizophrenia was "caused" by pot? It's an extreme simplification, but true.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I work in psychiatry and it's absolutely true. Especially heavy drug use as an adolescent.

I know a schizophrenic that uses said "stuff" to combat his condition, and it works, well. He's been medicating for about twenty-six years. When he's on the pills they prescribe him, well... that's a completely different story, and not nearly as positive. I could see maybe heavy use of '___' leading to something like that, but anyone with brain knows better than to even flirt with cannabis "causes" it.

edit on 12-10-2014 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

I know a schizophrenic that uses said "stuff" to combat his condition, and it works, well. He's been medicating for about twenty-six years. When he's on the pills they prescribe him, well... that's a completely different story, and not nearly as positive. I could see maybe heavy use of '___' leading to something like that, but anyone with brain knows better than to even flirt with cannabis "causes" it.

I would instead suggest anyone with a brain knows pot has more than one component. THC can cause schizophrenia, and CBD is likely an anti-psychotic that would help treat it.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BABYBULL24

You need to stop spreading misinformation and lies. Nowhere does Dylan say he sold his soul. He is a man of God and has been since the seventies. Shame on you.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kazanoom

Your idolization of other humans makes me sick & I pity you.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
it is more likely that "the dreaded weed" is a vessel that helps people see through the reality of human ownership....

LOL! Have you ever read or listened to those eastern swamis, or whatever, that set around and philosophize while being just tore the F up on eastern super funk weed? They make some points now and again but are generally babblers.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

It wouldn't hurt really for all to admit, the evidence is there, that for some folks long term use can lead to unhealthy mental and cognitive function, can exacerbate personality problems, become a philological crutch, ect. Long term use could be anywhere from a few years in some cases. Need to put that on the pack when they sell it. It doesn't deserve special treatment here above alcohol and tobacco. Hell tobacco is "mother nature" to. Alcohol is a plant process derivative.

edit on 12-10-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Did you know that a brain on the weed looks healthy, also a. Brain on risperdal looks the same

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: sanitizedinfo

What a bunch of retardation to wade through!

You can tell a lot of posters have fried their brains.
Garbage in garbage out.

I've personally known people whose Schizophrenia
was triggered by mj... years before 90% of you were born.
Would they have developed it anyway? Who knows?

I have a step grandson who everybody can tell when he smokes.
He's a beast. He chopped through two doors, chopped up fruit trees.
When he was caught holding, we kicked him out. He made me believe
Reefer Madness might have some truth!

OTH, I know people who it keeps sane. Its a useful tool for epilepsy and
chronic pain.

I am not in favor of legalization, but prohibition is worse. The True drug
crime is exploiting human weakness. Colorado is committing that one. So are
the DEA, the police state, the "Counseling Complex", British Royal Family(opium china),
Seagrams, padnering politicians,and 7-11 stores all profit off addictions.

STOP YOUR DENIAL! If you have a problem, admit it! Get a life!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: UMayBRite!

I'm not sure why your aiming at me, I agree that using does a bit of damage. I think it has more to do with ego combined with surroundings. If used medicly or cerimoni ously i dont see problems.
edit on 12-10-2014 by sanitizedinfo because: word fix

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
By all reasoning living in the --- capital of the world I should know a boatload of people with schitzophrenia, guess what..1 in 25 yrs and he was clearly messed up in high school beforhand, he murdered his aunt on christmas eve a good 20 yrs ago..no others so far. I would say im familliar with 30-40 regular heavy users..daily, why do they not have schizophrenia?
I would suggest people with an illness are simply more predisposed to look for self medication, im not saying its completley harmless but I do not believe the findings..everything in moderation. Im not advocating teens using it.

edit on 12-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. Based on my own personal experience, pot can lead to schizophrenia-like symptoms in young people. It's common sense. The mind / ego is transitioning from childhood to adulthood and still forming, and pot is going to make it more unstable. Teenagers / adolescents and people in their early twenties should be careful with it. And don't do acid / mushrooms. Males tend to develop the illness in their 20's and females in their 30's. If pot makes you feel bad, try to develop alternative life habits. Go out, walk, get sunshine, do physical activities. And remember, with restraint, you can recover from an episode. Adopt healthy habits.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ScreenBogey

My symptoms started in my early thirties

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kazanoom

originally posted by: BABYBULL24

You need to stop spreading misinformation and lies. Nowhere does Dylan say he sold his soul. He is a man of God and has been since the seventies. Shame on you.

Second video, Rain Man.
Some of these responses make me laugh, I had to call my wife in here so she could enjoy giggles, too. It's very clear that most of the people spewing "The Great Knowledge" of cannabis and its Big Pharmaceutical sponsored "Schizophrenia" 'data,' have no idea what they're talking about, or even first hand experience.
edit on 12-10-2014 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have another possible reason for any supposed links between mj and schizophrenia. mj gives users the munchies, so they inhale things like Doritos that are high in MSG, and it is the MSG that is the root of the problem. It is also the root of many other mental and physical problems IMO.

Excess glutamate may cause a transition to psychosis, if at risk for schizophrenia
An excess of the brain neurotransmitter glutamate may cause a transition to psychosis in people who are at risk for schizophrenia, reports a study from investigators at Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC) published in the current issue of the journal Neuron. So read the labels of ingredients in what you eat on the back of packages and cans, since most menus in eateries won't tell you whether there's gluatmate in your food or how much.

www.examiner.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join