It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gamecube VS. PS2 VS. XBOX

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Anyone played the recent Star Fox, it sucked because of it's kiddyness. Okay if you make a game with guns, planes, and tanks it would be intended for a more mature audience, but no. It played like a watered down version of Halo with a crappy plot and a rip-off of Star Ship Troopers, my friends passed it is 2 days. The only good ones were on N64 and SNES. Same with all the Mario games, Super Mario Sunshine? What the heck were they thinking? The NES version will always be better.

The reason Halo is on PC is because it's developer makes PC games, why would they resrict their market to just XBOX.

[edit on 5/18/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
No, you said melee, but it's pronounced MayLay, but it is spelled melee, therefor it should be pronounced Me-Lee, but no, they say its suppose to be pronounced May-Lay, which is messed up!

Anyways, got Starfox for SNES, love it! Took me forever to beat it. So much fun though.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Haven't played the Starfox yet...not really a fan of that line. But I will defend Sunshine. Mainly because of the "Secrets" levels. Those are some challenging levels. (You have to do it without your water pack.) If you liked Mario 64, there is really no reason to dislike this game.

Me-lee...May-lay...Po-ta-to...Po-tah-to...let's call the whole thing off...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
XBOX graphics are mindblowing, and Halo alone wipes the floor with anything the PS2 has to offer. But the controllers are rediculously bad. To big, badly positioned buttons, awkward shape.

So, overall, the PS2 gets my vote, as ergonomically it is better than the other two, and has a decent selection of games which satisfy me, not being a frequent player.

[edit on 19-5-2005 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Halo is great, but only if you get a bunch of people playing, single player sucks. While PS2 has FFX, FFXI, FFX-2, DragonBall Budokai series(although the new DB Saga for xbox is awsome)

Although, Evil Dead: Fist Full of Boomstick is a great single player game for Xbox.

ALso, the wrestling games(Smackdown) of PS2 are better then the wrestling games(RAW) on Xbox. Played both, love SMackdown, Raw was fun, but like Nintendo, if it was the only wrestling line it would be great, but since there is competition, and that is better, it sucks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join