It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gamecube VS. PS2 VS. XBOX

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I truly question that you have played Gamecube. Zelda's game is not blockish. Windwaker has some of the best graphics you will find anywhere.

And you complain about repeat titles. Let's see...ah Final Fantasy 6543794163....WWE SMACKDOWN 876984654...GTA 641...BLAH!

I also question if you would know a good game. FFX-2? Come on...that is by far, the worst Final Fantasy put out...ever...even beating FF2...on NES.

How about new styles of games? Donkey Konga is an easily addictive game. Again, a brand spankin' new title, Pikmin is brand new to the Nintendo world. Changed the heck out of Metroid. (FPS) Nintendo has been taking risks with their games and trying to make some serious progress. And guess what, they are all working.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
FFX-2 is not the worst, FF9 was the worst. FF9 jsut sucked, almost as bad as a nintendo game.

Then again, FFX-2 wasn't all that great, just great graphics, storyline, game play, nothing you will ever find on GC.

GTA series is on PS2, Xbox, and PC, thats how good it is. FF is different, none of them have the same characters, except for FFX-2. Other then that they aren't the same. Unlike Mario, save the queen, save the queen, save the queen.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
X-box owns all. Just great games. Ps2 is not bad. I first bought g-cube but sold it because i just didnt like the games coming out for it.All the mature games went for ps2 and box. And personally i think ff-cristal chronicals was the worst ff game ever. just rele horrible story.fails in comparison to the ff games for ps2.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Oh, really...they are all different?

"Our only hope is you..."

"You are the chosen one..."

You have something to do in every town you come across...

They only throw bosses at you that are comparable to your level.

You always have Cid...heh...

Chocobos, airships, the friggin' cactuars!

They are all the same just with a new angle on it. How many evil guys have you beaten that just want to take over the world? Save the world, save the world, save the world...all the same...just the names and faces have changed...

Besides, they finally wised up with FF8, they thought they could get away with just calling spells fira and firaga. Yeah, where they finally tired of calling them fire 1, 2, and 3? Ultima is always the mega spell of the game. You will always fight at least one thing that is undead. Holy is the ultimate white spell.

All FF's are essentially the same game...except for FFX-2...it is just a turd that won't flush.

Further more, I do not get how you are saying the graphics are bad. And don't retort with the usual, "Well...they are just crappy." They aren't. I dare you to play Windwaker and tell me there is not seamless transition. I dare you to find a flaw in that game's graphics. The only complaint that can be made is if you are against Cel Shading...which I was before that game came out. (See: Robotech: Battlecry for my reasonings against) I dare you to find a flaw with Metroid Prime. (haven't played the sequel yet.)

If you truly like video games, then there is no reason for you to dislike Nintendo. They have games for all ages. Most of them not only have GOOD graphics, but also have replay value coming out of the wazoo, backwards. You being a video game fan and hating Nintendo makes about as much sense as being an anti-Semite and being of Hebrew descent...

Xavierrogue...I don't count the FF: (insert off name of off game here.) Besides, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest would take that position everyday of the week. (Might even be the worst game ever....)

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
TO oxmank

im sorry if i gave u the idea that i think nintendo is bad.i rele like it just there arent too many games for that console that r too my liking any more.i've played windwaker and metriod prime and i know that they r amazing.infact the zelda series was one of my favorites for cube and n64. nintendo still offers good games but it advancement wit there systems and such are not as good as box and ps2. for example i know not 1 person who has any online games with nintendo. and since rare is now exlusive to xbox, that is just another series of games that nintendo has lost(cept starfox)most of the games i c advertised on tv are just for ps2 and xbox due to i think the maturity level and i think that is a big downfall of nintendo. i mean wut happened?in n64 they were releasing such games as conker and south park.alotta big names are only for box and ps2.xbox has its amazing online capability games and the new starwars saga.ps2 has its amazing big names such as devil may cry and socom.wut does nintendo offer?the game companies are now just focusing in putting their games into xbox and ps2 and thats y i think nintendo cant compete with x-box and ps2.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Nah...only bottom part was to you...the rest of it JTL...

I think Nintendo doesn't need all of the other game producers. They produce great first party games. They just need to focus in a little more on the older games. They already have a nice start...they need just a handful more titles...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
so with even all the downfalls of nintendo's cube u'd stilll rather have a cube than box or ps2?
you either have a really die-hard relationship and likeness for cube or that u work for nintendo.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Neither, have a taste for their games. I believe their games are top notch, breath taking, and great gameplay. The stories on most are normally light-hearted, which is a turn off for most people. But I like it. (I even like it more than the really vulgar games) The only game that I have played that is comparable to the fun of any Nintendo game was The Bard's Tale. It was just suggestive enough not to turn me off, but it also had a great story. Also, it pokes fun at RPG's and their lame stale stories. And, this type of idea is what makes many GC's games fun. It moves fast enough to keep you in the seat. The game will mock itself and the genre. They are bold without having to resort to extra gore or open swearing. (At least for Nintendo titles.)

But, I do like adult themed games as well. But it gets a bit much whenever the whole dialogue in a game sounds like it came off of a rap album. (Yes, I am looking at you GTA:SA) It is obnoxious and not fun. No matter how good the graphics are or the gameplay.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I've played all the consoles, cuz I lovvvee video games, they rule my life. Gamecube has some good games, but its true that most are for kids. Metroid Prime was aweosme and so were the star wars games. Xbox is a great great console. I love the hard disk but my only problem is that you cant take it places, like if I go to one of my friends houses and I wanna play my file....not possible...which SUX! Xbox however does have some strong xbox live games which you have a monthly payment for(grumble). But I would have to say my favorite is the new ps2's. This is because if I want to take it places it is very small and i like the vents coming out of the front and not from a fan in the back. The selection of games for PS2 is amazing. People always say how PS2 has a lot of bad games, but the fact is that its not like Xbox has had a sparkling record. There are a lot of games that sucked for xbox. The only thing xbox has over ps2 is halo, kotor, and better graphics...maybe hard disk depending on how you look at it

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
XBOX and PS2 are tied for me. Both really good stable systems, XBOX's graphics best of the both, PS2 are quite decent. PS2 has an extensive amount of games. XBOX has not many but most are good titles.

I personaly hate Nintendo with a passion. They never provide and support for older systems and they end up becoming paperwieghts. I can admit that N64 was a pretty sweet system, but GameCube is is soooo crap. How many Mario games can you make?

They must have very intresting board meeting at Nintendo's HQ.

Nintendo Meeting Trascript ***********

CEO - "Any new game ideas?"

Employee 1 - "How about a Mario game, this time he will have two heads!"

CEO - "Good Idea, start production tommorow."

Employee 2 - "Mario again! Can't we make something new and original because our games are starting to suck. Mabey we should make PC games, because the days are numbers on company if we don't." [Trap door opens below him and falls into the fire pit]

CEO - "Anymore questions?"

End **************

These people think we are made of money! We cant buy a new system and all the games every 4 years. I rather buy a new system and and play some of may old games on it. You can with the PS2 and with the new XBOX 360, you can't fit a N64 cartrage into a GameCube.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
But Gold Eagle! Don't you like knowing all your money spent on games went down the toilet? Don't you like knowing 200-300 dollars in games was wasted? Don't you like spending 150 on a game system that is owned by original Nintendo? Why, how dare you want something that isn't a paperweight!

Oh yeah, I like Xbox and PS2. Hell, give me PS1 over GC. Give me NES over GC. Better games, and usually better graphics. I mean, come on, seen WindWalkers? SUCKS!
GC
PS2
Xbox

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
JTL: You are about as informed on Revolution as you are on modern politics...which isn't very informed at all. But let me inform you of the next Nintendo console. It WILL be able to play the GC games.

And besides, Nintendo is not going to fail. Do you know why? Because they do not publish most of the garbage that is found on the other system. It has it's own built in audience. Deal with it. I am and am finding some incredible games along the way.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
OxMank, you will learn the truth, and when you do oh glory days! I mean, sure it's nice playing the same game again and again and again, not always with better graphics or storyline.(sarcasm, it isn't fun)

I mean, who wants new games, great storylines, great graphics......

Who wants something more then a 150 dollar paperweight?

Well, excpet those who have been suckered by Nintendo, everyone!

Change, I went to a Allied today, Xbox 125, PS2 120, GC 55.... Guess what? The GC has been there for over a month, no one will buy it.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The PS2 has the widest variety of games. The nintendo gamecube has the widest variety of kiddy games. And the X-box has the widest variety of CRAP!

[edit on 5-16-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
ps3.ign.com...

Need I say more? Sorry, Nintendo falls 3rd again!

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
OMZ JTL, you're so right, Nintendo is certainly in third now, what with the VAST amount of information we have on the Revolution we can definitely compare specs. Man, I wish I could jump forward in time like you, you're so cool man. And I seriously have no idea why everyone is always calling Nintendo kiddy like it actually matters. They make some of the greatest games I've ever played, if that makes me kiddy then so be it, I'm having fun, which is why I play games. When did gaming turn into trying to maintain some badass image?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I know, I am good like that. I don't need to go into the future, just the past. Look back, what is better? POS PaperWeight or PS2/Xbox. What is better? Not as much of a paperweight, and some cool games, but still sucks compared to the PS1.

So, I don't need to go into the future, just the past.

EDIT: Forgot, the GC also makes for a great coaster. Also if you really need one a doorstop.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
JTL, even though it is third place, it still makes money. Nintendo is not going to go belly up. But here are a couple of facts.

FACT: The only good child geared game outside of Nintendo is Kingdom Hearts.

FACT: Nintendo has a virtual monopoly on the kid section of gaming.

FACT: Outside of Knights of the Old Republic, most of the really good Star Wars games come out on Nintendo. How can you compare Starfighter to Rogue Squadron?

In fact, the only reason to truly own an XBOX is The Bard's Tale. But that is because they port all of their games to the PC. Don't you think they should leave games like Halo and KOTR on the console alone...making people have to buy the console?

FACT: Nintendo will carry on thanks mostly to their first-party games alone.

FACT: PS's "wide vawiety of games" means that there is higher amount of CRAP! Trust me, they can't all be winners, kid.

But, I want to know what makes you tick, James. I really do. I want to know where this morbid-farkin'-hatred for the Nintendo is coming from. Is it that most of their games are rated highly? Is the gameplay TOO GOOD for you? Is it that the graphics are comparable to the other two? Is it that they have a lower price...or that they kept their word and lowered their price significantly? Or is it something petty like every professional game reviewer saying that GC's Soul Calibur II was the best for Zelda being the system only-character? Or that Windwaker was named the Game of this generation?

Or is it that you love cussing and raping and gang violence so much that it makes you sick to see a gaming system survive without having it? Is that your problem? That Nintendo can survive without having the most downright vile games. (Yes, GTA is vile.) It enrages you to see a gaming system that doesn't buckle to popular demand and give their games that "extra edge". So, Nintendo goes with "option B". Which is not to insult my intelligence and spend more time on the gameplay, graphics, storyline, etc. Which is much better than the way the others spend their extra time. They are spending more time on how to properly call someone a mother farker or figuring out how often they should drop the N-Bomb in thrity seconds.

James, I am a guy who owns all three systems. I play each of system quite a bit. I have several games for each. In fact, I may own more PS2 games than the others. (Mainly because I had a PS2 two years before the other two.) But, I see the value in each system.

I find it disturbing that you claim to love video games, but you have so much hate for such a good system with very good games. I don't think you like video games at all. I think you like the attitude, not the substance, IMO. Either that or you never played a GC game ever.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Played GC, friend has Super Mario Brothers Melee(ME-LEE not MAY-LAY! if it was suppose to be pronounced May-Lay it would be spelled MAYLAY! NOT MELEE! sorry, I just get so pissed at that, it's spelled melee, yet they pronounce it maylay, I know that is "correct" way, but damn it, it is spelled ME-LEE! not MAY-LAY!)

It sucked.

Played Mario Cart Double Dash. Alright game, but again, it sucked compared to the competiton.

You see, if GC was the only system it would be great, but the competition is better, so it sucks. If I make a system and it is the only one, of course it is great, but if people come out with better ones, then mine sucks.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Don't believe I ever called it Maylay...

But the problem is Nintendo's games do compete with the other two. I'm sorry you had a rotten time playing SSBM, but a lot of people don't. In fact, it is the most often played multiplayer game I have. You do not know how many mini-tourneys I have held with it.

I can and have given you a list of games that downright compete, if not beat, many of those coveted XBOX and PS2 titles you hold so dear. The only reason you do not see that is because you have a built-in mechanism that prevents you from liking the Gamecube. Perhaps your stereotyping of the GC keeps you from being able to truly enjoy it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join