Gamecube VS. PS2 VS. XBOX

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
XBOX 4 sure. Most of the games I play r on XBOX, except the SOCOMs and Boudiki[whatever] games, plus, 4 ppl can play in the same room instead of 2, and yea, much of the Gamecube Games seem to be for kids.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Sadly Nintendo did seem to have a kiddy line up during 2003 and somewhat during 2002. Luckily this year has had some more adult games and 2005 looks to be a lot more mature. Just look at the new Zelda game. Personally I got tired of the kids games so I can't wait for 2005.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I have a GCN, and it's the best. Great games, with more variety than FPSs. I've played X Box and some PS2. Both are very good. The X Box is good, but waaaaaaayyyyy too many FPSs. They could at least have more games like SA2: B instead of Heroes. I can't say a lot about the PS2, but I do know that Sony is reknowned for its load times. Overall, I'd say 1. GCN 2. XB 3. PS2. But this is from my personal experience. I've seen people torn to pieces on other message boards in similar discussions. Please don't flame me! -------->

[edit on 17-12-2004 by Shadowtrooper90]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Different reasons for each...

Gamecube:
1. cheapest of the bunch
2. great games for younger kids
3. greatest collection of Star Wars games

PS2:
1. can also play PS1 games
2. some great games not on other platforms

XBox:
1. for the serious multi-player and gamer
2. some great games not on other platforms

It really depends on your focus. If getting for younger kids, or (like me) a Star Wars game fan...go for the Gamecube. If you have a ton of PS1 games (also like me), and there are some PS2 only titles you like, go for the PS2. If you enjoy gaming online like with a PC, then the X-Box is the way to go.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Xbox all the way. I've played all three consoles before I bought just one of them and it was the Xbox. Gamecube has good graphics but most games are for little kids.....and PS2 is not that great graphicly...but lots of games.
Xbox is my choice overall....Great graphics,great games,great online gaming.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Gamecube is not totally geared toward the kiddies. What about

Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil Remake
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Metroid Prime

I LOVE Eternal Darkness. I only got to play it for a couple days, but its still AWSOME. I grew up on oldies too. I would probably choose Actrasier over Resident Evil 0.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
In truth Nintendo does have the best line up for younger kids. However it isn't all kids games. You just have to look a little harder. Timesplitters 2, Hitman 2, Goldeneye Rogue Agent, those are all pretty good games that aren't really for kids. So a lot of the best games are multiplatform. Either way I'm pretty excited about this year's line up. Can't wait to get Starfox Assualt, if ever.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Different reasons for each...

Gamecube:
1. cheapest of the bunch
2. great games for younger kids
3. greatest collection of Star Wars games

I have to dispute number 3. Knights Of The Old Republic I & II are only on Xbox.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If getting for younger kids, or (like me) a Star Wars game fan...go for the Gamecube.

I think the Star Wars games rule in XBOX, just to name a few...

Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Republic Commando
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
The Clone Wars
Knights of the Old Republic
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Xbox graphics and quality surpasses Gamecube and PS in the Star Wars department. Playing some of these on xbox live is simply the best experience so far. If you have kids do not deprive them from the best experience in gaming...get them an xbox lol.

I have all three systems. xbox rules in the end of the day.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
GC SUCKS! Is it sad that Nintendo Original has better graphics then GC?

For me, PS2 and Xbox are tied, then Nintendo original, PS1, Super N, Atari, the N64 and GC are way down the ladder, hell is down far enough for me.

PS2 has about the same graphics, depending on game.(Final Fantasy Series, loooooove those, and the Wrestling games, far better then xbox((PS2 wrestling is O+directional is a move, while xbox is AAoverVdownYY Yea! I punched a guy!)) but xbox does have Fable, and Love Madden 2005 for xbox, but have it on both systems)

Xbox can be modified, a freind of mine modifies them for a bunch of money so had him modify mine. 200gig hd, LED lights in controllers, changing color for the front LED light, and got an xbox crystal. Can save games/movies directly to the HD, so rent a game/movie, save it to the xobox, no longer need the cd. This is why if I HAD to choose, I would go with xbox, though I would miss Final Fantasy...

Also, up for PS2 is PS1 games can be played on it. So FF7 still playable, love it, my fav. out of the series.

Xbox does have Evil Dead, Fist Full of Boomstick, but PS2 has GTA San Andreas.

So, like I said, Xbox and PS2 are tied, with xbox being my choice if I HAD to choose, with GC being down in hell on the ladder.

BTW, PC beats both.(Far Cry, Half Life 2, Diablo 2 Exp., so forth.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
and "bah-ah-ah" at the Gamecube...neverminding the fact that they have the highest percentage of quality games...completely disregarding that all of their games have serious replay value...absolutely blind to the fact they put out the greatest oddball games...not even caring that they best wrestling game is on their system...forgetting that the best wireless controller ever is for that system...not even thinking about most of their games are not available elsewhere...and missing the point on kiddy games vs. Fun Factor...

Yes, this system is geared toward a younger generation, but you don't have to be a kid to play them. How many of you honestly played Pikmin? Or Mario Sunshine? Super Smash Bros. Melee? Mario Kart: Double Dash? Or Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker? And by play, I mean really play it. Not just sitting oh so high and being a judgemental p*ick cause it looks a lil kiddy...

Besides, those kiddy games can compete toe-to-toe with your Halos, GTAs, KOTRs...because they are actually *GASP* fun, addicting, reasonably difficult, but also easy enough for your kids/lil brothers to enjoy. And as an added bonus, you don't have to spend time explaining to them what a b*tch, n***a, and prostitue is. Or explain to them why drugs are bad and why the Covenant deserve to get a boot in their ass...

But if kiddy games are not your thing, it is not the only thing this system brings to the table. As mentioned earlier, they have some good older themed games. Resident Evil's are there. Soul Caliber II is there. Tony Hawk is there. WWE: Day of Reckoning is there. The Medal of Honor series is there. What about Metroid Prime and Prime 2? Every great Star Wars games? (outside of KOTR) How do those titles wet your whistle? There are many more titles.

Nostalgia your kick? They are starting to port older games to this system for those people who like to reminisce. Mega Man 1-8 what? Zelda, except for LTTP, what? Sonic who? Mega Man X coming soon when? Plus many arcades putting some collections out as well.

Or what about those quirky games that are purely irresistable. The Pikmin series is the perfect example. This is another brainstorm of the legendary Miyamoto. (see Zelda and Metroid and etc.) In fact, how can any gamer be against a system that puts out games from that man's imagination? You know, it is blasphemy. This man is THE celebrity of Video Games. Besides just Pikmin, how about Wario Ware Inc.? This kooky collection of mini-games is perfect for just screwing off. The Mario Parties continue to come out only on *GASP* Nintendo. Paper Mario 2 is quite a game. Super Smash Bros is another great odd game. Donkey Konga is brilliant. DK: Jungle Beat will probably be another good game to spring from Nintendo.

The simple fact is that Nintendo cannot be just discounted as easily as you all make it seem. If look at GC objectively, it meats the challenge and in some eyes, beats the competition.

The other two systems are mighty fine too. XBOX's biggest problem is selection. It has about five games that are only on that system that are really worthwhile. (But they are really great games) The rest of them are passable. As much as I like Halo, it has only one more chance through the game to be enjoyable. It is a stunning game whose best quality is online play...but the single player portion blows. And besides, online games should only be on PC anyway, IMO. But other than those four games, you wasted your two hundred dollars +.

PS2 has the largest selection of games. Many of them are alright. But a majority of them are subpar and not worthy of the DVD they are stored on. You cannot honestly tell me that every incarnation of Dynasty Warriors are worth it. Wanna go down the Devil May Cry route? Try the Lord of the Rings game? Extermination? The Bouncer? In fact, I could go through the video game store selection and pull thirty games off of the shelf that are absolutely awful and on your precious PS2. You cannot do that proportionally for the other two. I'm talking about the truly horrid games. Games of Hydlide status. A great deal of the most useless games ever came out for PS2. Hell, even The Guy Game on the box has at least one redeeming quality. Sadly, Worms Blast is high and above many of the PS2 crap games. But, the PS2 does have a nice selection of really good games.

My list probably looks a little like this:

1. GC
2. PS2
3. XBOX

But, those last two are very close together. But I believe the GC is superior for its games...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Yeah, all the GC bashing is childish and immature. Real maturity comes from playing a game because it's fun, not because it has blood, guts, and gore. Grow up.

That said, kids get frustrated over WindWaker. Believe me, I've seen them try to play it. It's not a very easy game, I must say, in spite of the way it looks. Perhaps this just means that Nintendo underestimated the difficulty of the game, but maybe not.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Wrestling game on GC? Hell no, they suck. Smackdown series is the best. I mean, with GC wrestling games its over over button up over button dif. button down back button YEA! I got a Northern Lights Suplex. If I want to spend 10 minutes to get a move off I will play WWF Raw for PS1 on my PS2.

Also, GC graphics, except for the ones that appear on other game systems, suck.

Also, it sucks, it is games only, if I want a game only system I will play a game of poker or something.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
1. Have you played Day of Reckoning? It trumps Smackdown's engine. It uses a form of the old Wrestlemania 2000/No Mercy wrestling controls.

2. What games graphics suck? Did you play Windwaker? What about Metroid Prime? Pikmin 1 & 2? Mario Sunshine? Super Smash Bros. Melee? ETC?

The graphics compete with the others. And also, to take a little wind out of your sails, Metroid Prime was voted to have better graphics than Halo...HALO. Voted by fans and critics...you know, the people who have to pay to play these crappy graphic games? (G4/Tech TV)

3. I believe the GC has the best System Only games out there. Take those listed above and add games like Rogue Squandron to the list.

But, I do play the other systems as well. I love Halo, KOTR, GTA, Tekken, etc. I just happen to find GameCube the superior system available.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
On a technical basis, the order of both raw power and graphical power goes like this:
XBox - best
Gamecube
PS2

The specs on the systems are rather well known, and the above ordering is rather undisputed. I dare anyone to do double blind tests on games that run on all three systems, and rate them on quality.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yes, I am very aware of the power of each. The only game outside of sports to test it on is Soul Caliber. And all three seem to be the same. Plus, if you know any heros of any gaming system, you would be able to pick out which one is which. (GC, Link. PS2, Heihachi. Don't know why Spawn was XBOX's, but you know...?) Or Spiderman 2 would be a good one to use.

All I claim is that GC's compete. I don't say they are the greatest, but they definitley can give either a run for the money. Besides, the graphics issue is almost a non-issue. It is not the difference of Dreamcast vs. PS2. The graphics are so great on each, it almost becomes moot. Maybe there will be a bigger gap on the next generation, but right now, graphics are very good on each.

Besides, unless the graphics are below those of 64 and PS1, I don't really care. You can have the greatest graphics of all time, it won't matter if your game is a turd.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
One Word. PS3!!!!!!! Gonna kill all others. Also, GC suck because you have to buy all new games. With PS1-PS2-PS3, you can play all the same games. So if you get a FF7 hunger, you can pop it in on your PS2 and get a fix. And sorry, unless the game is on another system, the graphics suck. Friends of mine tried to explain it as trying to be nostalgic(sp?) but hell, my Super Nintendo has better graphics then half the GC games. Oh man, Super Mario on SN is so great! So addictive, same with Star Fox. Also, GC has no really new games. Its all Mario, Perfect Dark, Mario Cart, and Zelda. They have no new games. If you have a N or SN, you have the same games as the GC does. Unless it is on another system. One would think they would try to make new games wouldn't you? Ok, Pikiman or whatever, thats new. Ok, and.........

Unless it is also on PS2 or Xbox, it has bad graphics or the same thing as on every other system. The whole point of new system is new games, better games, better graphics. it would be like going from Half Life 2 Graphics, the best in the world, you shoot him in the leg, he limps, you shoot the gun out of his hand, he looks for a new gun, and not artificial intelligance, but real intelligance, to Quake original graphics. Or going from Quake original to quake original. Brand new system! costs 100 dollars, same crappy graphics as the other 3 systems before it!

Anyways, PS3 is already in Japan, one has a 160gig hd, the other has a 250gig, and these are just prototypes, who knows how much better it will get when it is finished and released in America.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
One Word. PS3!!!!!!! Gonna kill all others. Also, GC suck because you have to buy all new games. With PS1-PS2-PS3, you can play all the same games.

Nintendo's next console will have backwards compatability, so why are you comparing a not-yet released console to the GC?

And sorry, unless the game is on another system, the graphics suck. Friends of mine tried to explain it as trying to be nostalgic(sp?) but hell, my Super Nintendo has better graphics then half the GC games. Oh man, Super Mario on SN is so great!

As if a 2D game from the '90s has better graphics than 3D games of today. Ever play a GC?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Shadowtrooper has a point. Anyhow PS2 barely has any exclusive games anymore. Thanks to that it doesn't have any advantages over GC or X-Box. Plus specs. I've seen for the PS3 look good, but not much of an improvement. As for me, well I can't wait for the Nintendo Revolution.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Uh, lets see, final fantasy, WWE Smackdown, Nascar Series, Kingdom Hearts 1&2, so forth.

ALso, yes, I have played a GC. Game not on PS2 or xbox, bad graphics. And of course those are Mario Cart 14, Super Mario Bros. 8646, Perfect Dark 67, all repeats of other systems. Also, seen graphics for SN Zelda and GC Zelda? SN has better graphics, not 3d, but better graphics. Not as blocky squarish.

And what is bad about PS3? DvD Burner, 160 or 250 gig hd, tv recorder thingy, and technical stuff I don't understand that make it better then xbox, or the mythical xbox 2 suppose to be in development. And what new Nintendo system? Never heard of this, pre tell could it be they have finally wised up? Make a system that can play older games people spent 50 dollars on only to be laughed at by Nintendo for the stupidity? Ever notice how PS2 and Xbox basically have the same games except for the rare 3-4 while GC has what? Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, not Deception, can't handle it cause it to good, Soul Caliber 2, and.... thats about it. All other games are for PS2 and xbox cause they the only ones good enough to handle it. Man, if they had made FFX-2 for xbox, that would be so cool!!!!

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join