It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gamecube VS. PS2 VS. XBOX

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It has now been several years since the release of the current generations consoles and the next generation are on the horizon. So what I would like to ask ATS members is of the current consoles which is the best and why? We have all probably all had the chance to play all the consoles so what is your verdicts?

As for mine I choose the XBOX. Even though I don't own one I do own a PS2 and Gamecube and the XBOX's current generation of games are awesome. Halo 2 the chronicles of Riddick just to name a few and XBOX live is incredible.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have a PS2 and an Xbox. I'll never own a Game Cube. 99% of Nintendos games are geared toward 8 year olds.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm going to have to vote for Xbox. For the simple fact that there is a built in hardrive leading to an array of interesting possiblities (Emulators, Roms, Web Browsing).

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I own a PS2, and I got a X-Box not too long ago. While I love the PS2, the X-Box owns it by far. So many better games, Halo, Armed and Dangerous, Halo 2, Riddick, Fable and I can go on. Plus the games look a lot better.

The PS2 has good games, just that they don't look as good as the X-Box and recently I noticed that the PS2 has been getting a lot of crappy Japanese games which are too anime-ish. The good Japanese games like Metal Gear or Onimusha are the ones the PS2 needs not crappy cutsey Japanese RPGs.

And I will never ever buy a Gamecube, its just for little kiddies. All it is, are a few shooters and a bunch of Mario games.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
All these Gamcube bashers!

I'll admit there are quite a few "kiddie" games, but the cube certainly holds its own....Lots of games you can't get on any other system....What can I say - I grew up playing Super Mario on the NES - I need Mario - I CRAVE mario

But still....XBOX gets my #1 vote....

I'm hooked on Tiger Woods 2005 right now - I love that game!

Plus....Oohh the things you can do with a modded out XBOX and Halo!

[edit on 12/8/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I've played all three and think XBOX has the coolest graphics but I vote for PS2 coz it has variety and lots of good games also plus you get all kinds of new hardware that can be attached to the PS2 like that camera controller- the one that tracks your body movements and uses your body to control in the game .
Also if you have ever visisted the TOKYO game show you'll know what I mean .

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Id say XBOX is the best. Not just because I have one, but gamewise. PS2 does have some good games, but I think XBOX has a better variety in some ways.

The Ps2 controller is (in my opinion) better suited to RPG style games, because of the controller layout. With the analog sticks almost in the middle of the pad, I find it distgustingly difficult to play FPS games and other games like NHL (I cant play it with the regular arrow pad).

I find the XBOX to have a superior starter kit aswell, seeing as you dont have to buy extra memory cards ect. Everything for ps2 is sold seperately.

And, games like Halo (bungie Studios) are at the forefront of the xbox assault. I also think the technologie is newer than the ps2.

As for gamecube, it doesnt even compare to either. were there no xboxs, Id take ps2 anyday over the piece of junk that is the gamecube. EVERYTHING for gamecube is sold seperately except for controller. And, I find that the gamecube controller is very poor quality, and it just lacks that "Feel" that you get when you play xbox. I also think nintendo has really lost its true quality. All of its games are now really boring, and I cant seem to get into them.

Nintendo is far better at making portable games now, than making full console games.

So, I place my vote on xbox: 9.5/10

*Good quality

*Good graphics

*good games

*nice controllers

- lacks some of the more complex RPG games that the PS2 has.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It's definetely not gamecube. PS2 is good so is Xbox. Xbox has the internal hard drive which is great. The problem with Xbox is that xbox live have a monthly fee.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Gamecube is not totally geared toward the kiddies. What about

Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil Remake
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Metroid Prime

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal

Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil Remake
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime

That's what I'mn saying....plus there's:

Metroid Prime 2
Def Jam
BMX XXX
Ikaruga
Killer 7
Lord of the Rings
TimeSpliters

Plus...to be honest - in between my blood and gore, I dont' mind playing a few "kiddie" games like Animal Crossing, Pikmin 2 or Paper Mario....in fact, those are usually the most addicting games of all for me....

Not to mention gamecube has THE best wireless controllers....especially the battery life....I probablly play my cube once a day for an hour or so and I replace my batteries like once a year....

I've had my wireless Logitech XBOX controller for about two months now - play it about the same (with vibration turned off, as opposed to the cube controller which is turned on)....Just replaced those yesterday....

[edit on 12/8/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I personally believe that the most succefull of the consoles was PS2 by far, as for the most solid XBox. I own both much to my chagrin since I never use em for anything except DVD movies. I have a pretty good PC thats gonna get better...much better...surely way better then any console ever will be IMHO. The only weekness the PC has IMO is the lack of a standard controller interface, but there are mods out there that let you use PS2, XBox, GameCube controllers on your comp. just plugs into USB sorta like an adapter. Then no need for consoles anymore

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
PS2 since in has the better half of the Final Fantasy series..
Then GameCube for the Metroid series..
Xbox.. I cannot stand, the controller is a peice of garbage.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
With a few exception, almost everything on thsoe consoles is ported from oen to the other to the PC (where they righfully belong). I have a PS2, and I think it's pretty good. Prince of Persia was a kick-ass game, along with Killzone and a few others. PS2 has a definite solid handle on single players games, The Box multiplayer... and the cube, well the cube is junk. The reasonas are as follows:

1. The controller is awkward.
2. It's multiplayer support is not many.
3. It gets one game a month. There are simpyl not enough titles, despite it being out the longest.
4. The game quality is mediocre, with a few exceptions. Most of the good stuff is either kiddie-stylez or or ported.

The PS2 and Box are pretty neck and neck, but I can honestly say both have left the Cube far behind.

DE

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I enjoy playing on my X-Box now and then.

No, the controller is not large, awkward, or annoying.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal

Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil Remake
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime

dude zelda is such a cheezie game that is aimed towards kids.Lots of young people still play the other games that you listed.

Id still say gamecube is geared towards kids.

And about the xbox live subscripction, its far better than ps2 online. my freind recently bought xbox for xbox live because PS2 online is supposed to be the biggest peice of failing gaming tech available. (or so he says)

[edit on 10-12-2004 by Catfish]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well, for years I was a devout PS2 lover to the point of shunning all other consoles. However, when I got an XBox for Christmas, I saw that it was a worthy adversary. It does have excellent graphics.

However there is the issue of it being Microsoft. That lowers my view on it greatly.

Some say that XBox has greater graphics than PS2. However, this is subjective. For one the full power of PS2 has not even nearly been seen and two, both systems have strengths and weaknesses.

As for Gamecube, it's a good-priced system but lacks worthwhile games and raw power as in the other two.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
All three are good, they all have good games, but they all have flaws. PS2's graphics are not as good as Xbox, but if the game is good then it doesn't matter about graphics. If I wanted good graphics I would just by the game for my cpu. Xbox is good because you don't have to have a memory card, but the controller is almost as big as the system which makes it sort of lame. Granted you can go out and buy a different controller, but what am I made of, money? Xbox doesn't have as many good titles (Wow, Halo, I can get that for the cpu, right?). Game Cube has the Resident Evils and the Marios and that is fine, but if you buy a system just for one or two games, that's stupid. You can play online with all of them (I think), so they are even there. In the end, I pick PS2. REALLY good games (GTA, MGS), good controllers, good size (especially the new one), online and no HALO (Halo licks my left and right) makes it my favorite.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
They all have strenghts and weaknesses but I prefer the GCN which I have. I'm personally a fan of Nintendo products as it's pretty reliable and has some really fun exlusive titles. Some people might tell me that the Mario games are for kids but I don't care, they're so much fun.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Everybody here in america says that PS2 just doesn't have a wide choice of games as XBOX but that is soo untrue because in PS2 you get to play all of PS1 games as well and also the number of games that come out in PS2 anuualy is much more than XBOX also the graphics - Robotech: Invasion has better Graphics in PS2 than in Xbox . Their are many examples like that.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Personally I don't care how many total games a system has. All I care about is that they have a few good games, not a lot of crappy games. PS2 has quite a few good games, as does X-Box and Gamecube, but I think that PS2's library has too much crap in it. The crap seems to overshadow the good games like the GTA series.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join