It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stocks and the stock market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This isn't as much a conspiracy theory as an observation of something I cant explain without allowing for conspiracy, or extreme coincidence.

I was watching a stock on Wednesday. It was bouncing around a bit but overall was trending consistently. I considered trading. I watched it all day and into the after-hours market. With a time stamp of 4:03pm the ticker showed it down $1.68 in after-hours trading. I called my broker. We briefly discussed the stock and its sudden shift. I decided not to trade anything behaving that strangely. After I hung up the phone I went back and looked at the after-hours web page again. The time stamp had not changed but the ticker showed the stock up .35. I wondered how that was possible and checked another website that also showed the stock up .35. I couldn't understand where the -$1.68 came from.

During the Thursday session that same stock was down exactly $1.68 at the closing bell. That is one hell of a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

One hell of a coincidence would be incredible market movement in CAT the day before an earthquake in Haiti, and a few other major earthquakes.

Invest in level 2 reporting before daytrading to see who is manipulating the market and relying on a broker.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

OK...the earthquake scenario is a much bigger coincidence.

I just couldn't figure out why the value changed but the time stamp didn't. Then the exact same value occurred in the following days trading session. It doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
well... TPTB cannot orchestrate the price of 'free Market' stock prices...
but they can forecast the value of stocks that have a bunch of 'action' in the Futures-Options of puts-&-calls prices

maybe that is the 'factor' telling you that -1.68 was the current movement of your particular stock

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
the markets are so manipulated it's ridiculous...

My older brother is a certified financial planner for Morgan Stanley and I fear for his career/line of work - how can investors have faith in the markets these days? It's an over-inflated bubble (in more areas than one) and it's going to pop soon. It's all ludicrous...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well more than likely it was an over seas after hours trade. Brokers over seas will take orders when our markets are closed and their markets are open. This is normal because those trades settle the following trading day after hours most of the time, or right before market open the next trading day. I have seen this happen on multiple occasions with different stocks. It is 100% normal and if you look back through the price history that price difference will more than likely coincide with the trade difference at the time the trade was originally placed.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If I remember correctly its basically the market playing catch up.
the computers are unable to keep track of all the final trades just before close so there is the delay, but since a lot of the trades are electronic now they can still be traded right up to the last second and aslong as they meet the deadline they are accepted.

However i dont understand the time stamp inconsistency.

im not really sure about that, so pardon me if i am wrong

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Good answers and it seems plausible. I have been watching/trading for a long time and never saw anything this exact before. But then, I don't watch ever stock every day. It just seemed a bit far fetched for my liking.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It's called volatility. You probably had a stockholder sell his stock he had been holding onto, someone saw the price drop and an opportunity to buy shares at fair pricing, and jumped on it. Someone watching just like you, except they bought the stock when you didn't. Nothing to see here, move on.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

If it happened on the same day, I would say maybe you could chalk it up to volatility. But on Wednesday I saw the stock's closing price for the Thursday trading session. A day ahead of time I saw that stocks closing price after an additional 8 hours of trading. That seems just a little too odd.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Ahh, my apologies, I misread that this was in after-hours. This is a simple price correction. Happens all the time.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Maybe you have discovered how to read inside trading info on the ticker. The Stock market is a big scam that can easily be controlled unless there is a big event. The ones controlling it rarely lose. Only the little guy and pensioners lose. They have to make people think they are doing well but in essense, when you cash it in most times you haven't made nearly as much as you think most times. We have come out ahead a little on it over the years with long term investment and had some companies we have stock in go bust. Overall a secure investment of five percent would have been much better.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The stock market lost all semblance of credibility at the start of the 20th century. It's only gotten worse since then. If you're on the inside you win. If not you lose.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

The stock market lost all semblance of credibility at the start of the 20th century. It's only gotten worse since then. If you're on the inside you win. If not you lose.

That's a very jaded opinion.
I'm one of the biggest nobodies you could ever find. But I make money in the market.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist or an insider to profit from the market.
Just patience and practice.
Most of my trades are winners (90%). But what I'm not telling you is the time line for each trade.
I may sit on a stock for a year or more before sentiment changes and it soars.

If you don't have the skills to trade please try again. I need the money.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The stock market can run on real or virtual input. Research the InterContinentalExchange (ICE) and I think you will get the gist of how much computers play a role now in that world, and how much more so they will play in a centralized network (ICE) in the future.

Now if "currency" is over 90% digital in banking computers, and DTCC is mostly digital in stocks, the whole thing is subject to CGI, "computer generated illusion", because there is complexity in the software platforms that run all those networks. The digital nature of most "wealth" symbolisms now makes the holding and transference symbology and systems subject to engineered manipulations.

In this way the "crash" cycle can be controlled, and its speed of execution can also be decided upon beforehand. Since the super-corporate world is more digital than physical, those entities can be assured final consolidations in the process. Imo the derivatives complex will play a large role in facilitating the illusion, but it will be real enough to "receive" the national governments who are corporations in this game. And they are not in a good debt position, and not in a good position of understanding the potential nature and actual nature of the digital networks that run those systems.

Thus a good research study of ICE and High frequency Trading (HFT) can give you a picture of the basic but enormous concepts that run those inter-related developments in the evolution of global trading tipping to massive AI network control. The days of physical traders is ending, imo. What emerges from the next crash cycle, whether slow or fast, will be a completely different beast.

The core digitization of globalization will change the final nature of every global system and instituion and it will follow a digital model actually already being applied. Everything in finance/wealth, military, technology and government, and everything it rules, will pass completely into this final "universal computer network" model. Its just a matter of time, and over that time the final crystallization will be geometric in scale and technological advancement in the next decade.

And it not "conspiracy", it is just advanced computer science applied to true global networking intelligence, it is a natural evolution to this kind of "distributed" "centralization", and NONE of it is overseen by national governments, NOT ONE major system. The national dated politicians have not been on the internet from incept, they are the 1980 model that is to be made subservient to the more powerful global digital super-corporation, and Globalized NATO will be one of its satellites.

The network systems will "globalize" fully first, to facilitate global recovery into this fully functional model. It make sense in thsi era that the world will follow the computer model that has not just forecasted it, but is being implemented as well in finance and military systems for real. It just requires a final push and phase to actually fully implement the whole "global" scope final model applied to reality.

But like ICE and HFT, the writing is already appearing on the wall of what will drive core final globalization to world government. BIG computer networks and well developed networked intelligence. BIG finance is the main driver, the NATO military globalization is for the last resort assimilations and the main true wealth driver in the meantime, war is the number 1 global business. Then oil, then dope. Russia and China will fold into world government in that process, imo.
edit on 19-11-2014 by 4444Winds because: (no reason given)

top topics

join