It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still say police intereact the same with everyone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Sure, because a certain demographic pops up in almost every instance of alleged police abuse. That's not something I created.

I live in the Bronx and work in Harlem. Ask me about the times that the NYPD profiled me....you'll get some boring stories. I'll also add, I'm not white.

You are totally right - hypocrites like you do get to be a bore. I'm certain you'd be comfortable with a Garner type living next to you.
edit on 10-10-2014 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718

Sure, because a certain demographic pops up in almost every instance of alleged police abuse. That's not something I created.

I live in the Bronx and work in Harlem. Ask me about the times that the NYPD profiled me....you'll get some boring stories. I'll also add, I'm not white.

You are totally right - hypocrites like you do get to be a bore. I'm certain you'd be comfortable with a Garner type living next to you.

So now your saying that "certain" demographic should all be profiled regardless of criminal past.

So if there are tons of videos of white people doing stupid crap on Youtube...should we all start it is that "certain" demographic and should all be considered idiots?

Because shows like Ridiculousness..etc..the majority of idiotic behavior is by white people...I don't place all white people under that demographic but according to you, I should.

I really don't see the problem some have with black people....some are A-holes and some aren't...just like every other race.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm saying that high crime areas, places where stop and frisk just so happens to keep the cops busy, always have coincidental similarities. That's not racism....more like statistics.

Let's just make pretend that the police are only around to abuse us and that low income housing projects produce fine Americans.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

that low income housing projects produce fine Americans.

Show us it doesn't?

Show us that middle class or higher only produce "fine" Americans.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Have we all forgotten about Kelly Thomas?

He was a 37 year old homeless, non-aggressive, white man that was beat to death by officers in Fullerton, California.

"Now you see my fists?" Fullerton police officer Manny Ramos asked Thomas while slipping on a pair of latex gloves.
"Yeah, what about them?" Thomas responded.
They are getting ready to # you up."

Kelly Thomas continuously shouted out that he was "Sorry," and "Trying," to cooperate,... and began to cry out for his "Dad," as he came nearer to death.

I am not going to link the surveillance video of his beating, as it was some of the most heart-wretching footage I've ever seen.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718
So apparently you missed my earlier post...to recap, I have had many unnecessary run ins with cops who judged me based on my clothes and nothing more.

And yes, im white.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

that low income housing projects produce fine Americans.

Show us it doesn't?

Show us that middle class or higher only produce "fine" Americans.

Back it up then.

Provide links of an equal number of non blacks being abused by police in recent times.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
So apparently you missed my earlier post...to recap, I have had many unnecessary run ins with cops who judged me based on my clothes and nothing more.

And yes, im white.

Must suck being you. I'm not white, again, and have never been profiled....although I'm exposed to some of the worst nyc has to offer.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

And yes, im white.

Must suck being you. I'm not white, again, and have never been profiled....although I'm exposed to some of the worst nyc has to offer.
naw, its quite alright being me. Must suck having your silly assumption blown out of the water though.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Silly assumption to assume anything was blown out of the water. I agree.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Provide links of an equal number of non blacks being abused by police in recent times.

OK..hold on did you not get the point of the thread. It does not happen as much because police are not stereotyping white people.

They assume the worst of black people without actually knowing anything about them.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I am calling B.S. on it being a race issue. It is a CLASS issue. If that man had been wearing an expensive 3 piece suit the cops wouldn't have bothered him, no matter what his skin color. The woman was clearly wealthy based on her clothing and demeanor. She acted with authority and entitlement that most people in the middle class or below do not posses.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Must suck being you. I'm not white, again, and have never been profiled....

You're full of shi*..So are you invisible?,or are you part of the boys in Blue Gang?..Everybody is profiled by the PIGS...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

There's a big difference between idiotic behavior and criminal behavior. Why aren't you demanding that business owners in black neighborhoods remove the bars from their windows and the bulletproof glass that protects their cashiers?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
The police treat everybody like garbage. Remember, in their eyes a citizen is not a person. They're always criminals, always a source of revenue, always an opportunity to vent their rage.

That's not fair or accurate...

Recently, I was at the scene of an accident. I was approached by a late-showing state policeman and asked if I was involved, to which I said that I was not, and commented how dangerous this particular roadway is, as I live steps away...but did not actually witness anything but the sound of approaching sirens.

He wasn't there for small talk and bid me a good day in return as he walked toward another officer on the scene. The same officer moments ago I had approached and asked if I could photograph the wreckage. He nodded OK.

Some are quite approachable, professional, and caring...given circumstances allow them to be.

I can't speak to the non-caring, unprofessional, unapproachable one's though, they frighten me!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It's not "white privilege". If it were, then EVERY non-white race/ethnicity/foreigner would be treated the same way as blacks are, which is not the case. It is more likely to be "black disadvantage", which is the profiling of black people due to the actions of people that exemplify the worst aspects of black culture.

It is still wrong to profile and I feel sorry for innocent victims.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join