It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It isn't a gift if there are strings attached: my answer to monotheists.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

To God (or whomever created this world and established my initial conditions of freedom): Thank you, now please tell all your spokespeople to back off so I can actually enjoy that which you've bestowed upon me, please!

If someone is yelling at you to "change your ways", then that sounds like someone who wants to control you; not a representative of God. God is generous. God gave us the gift of a home (Earth) and it was intended to be a paradise; but since this gift was freely given, so humanity is able to choose between death (wars/violence) and life (love/friendship/peace).

That is who I think the real God is, if he's out there. He's standing on the sidelines screaming, "Be generous!" All the while the rest of us squabble over what we've already been given.

Why would God allow people to hurt each other if God is Love and therefore Compassionate? Because God leads by example: Just as God loves us and allow us to live our lives, we should also love others and allow others to live their lives (instead of hurting them). God influenes us by leading through example, because God is Love, and it is Love itself that changes the way people treat each other.

Compassion stops aggression, and generosity stops scarcity.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join