It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For something Different.... Alison Kruas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Absolutely the most beautiful voice in the entire world.

Yes, she's a bluegrass musician mainly, but try some of her country hits...

her voice sounds like one of an angel sent down from heaven.

www.alisonkrauss.com...

Alison Krauss, at the age of 32, has achieved more career milestones than most people do in their lifetime.

Her first album was released when she was 16. She has released nine studio albums with her long time band of highly acclaimed musicians, Union Station, all on Rounder Records.

Their most recent release is a two-disc live set, accompanied by a two-disc DVD, all released on her original label, Rounder Records. To date, she has earned 17 Grammy Awards and multiple Country Music Association Awards, International Bluegrass Music Awards and countless others.

Her album releases have been critical and commercial successes, with multiple RIAA platinum and gold certified records.

Alison has been involved in several movie soundtracks, most recently singing the Golden Globe nominated song �My Ain True Love� and �The Scarlett Tide� for Cold Mountain and �What�ll I Do� for Mona Lisa Smile.

Alison recorded three songs for the blockbuster soundtrack O Brother, Where Art Thou?, and Union Station member Dan Tyminski sang the Soggy Bottom Boys� hit �Man of Constant Sorrow�.

Dan with other bandmates Jerry Douglas, Barry Bales and Ron Block, contributed heavily to that soundtrack and also appeared in the movie. Alison Krauss and Union Station were also part of the award winning documentary film and soundtrack Down From the Mountain and the subsequent tour.

Other film projects that Alison has contributed to include: Twister, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil and The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood.

My suggested listening :

When You Say Nothing At All

Let Me Touch You For Awhile

Now That I've Found You

Forget About It

But You Know I Love You

Oh, Atlanta

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
what...

no body is interested in Alison.... :shk::shk::shk:

what a shame, she is a beauty to look at and even better to listen to

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yes, I'm bumping this again...

I just wanted to say one last time, that you guys don't know what you're missing....

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hey... don't jump to conclusions man.... i happen to love her voice too... I have the two CD Alison Krauss @ Union Station... She is one splendid artist.

If you like relaxing music like this I suggest you try searching for an artist named Richard Shindell, his music falls into the Folk category, but he is much more. See if you can find his Sparrows Point album...... great stuff.
Courier is also a great album.

www.richardshindell.com...

btw your Steelers team is great this year.... I
to them for being able to beat the Eagles... My Pack didn't even look like they showed up to play.

P.S. my favorite song by Alison Krauss is - Baby, now that I've found you

[edit on 9-12-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
also check out this gal... Vienna Teng

www.viennateng.com...

Her voice is amazing..........

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
yea... not bad...

I liked Lullaby for a stormy night...

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I stopped listening to her cause she started ripping off Keith Whitley. I hate when re-makes are worse than the original. Keith Whitley R.I.P..

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I vote Kelli Ali for the most eloquent voice in the industry. She was the former lead singer for Sneaker Pimps (6 feet underground). I havent heard her new album 'Psychic Cat' but her last CD, 'Tigermouth' was flawless. Oh, and enough eye candy to rot your eyes out.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I vote Kelli Ali for the most eloquent voice in the industry. She was the former lead singer for Sneaker Pimps (6 feet underground). I havent heard her new album 'Psychic Cat' but her last CD, 'Tigermouth' was flawless. Oh, and enough eye candy to rot your eyes out.

Never heard her, but I'm sure she's got a great voice. As far as "eye candy" goes, I don't know about that. I'm not diggin' the toos. To each his own I guess.

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Whats wrong with her toes?

P.S. I know you were talking about her tats... Those are nice tats in my opinion....

I got nuttin'

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sneaker pimp's former vocalist sure does have a good voice, and of course I own more of Sneaker Pimp's album than of Krauss' but we are talking of a completely topic here. Alison Krauss should be the Leading Lady here! Reason to why I know about Alison Krauss was I think when I was watching the Oscars and she had a duet with Sting. I immediately came online and downloaded that song. But I don't know, I am not that much interested in songs like that. I wouldn't deny tho, she have an angelic voice.

new topics

top topics

join