It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Ebola Case - Elgin, IL

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

My hope is that whenever the results are back from CDC, we'll see a concurrent news story that the patient is negative.

Thats Monday. How are you in a position to know either way?

I know, you know a guy…

My guess is they will not officially tell anyone either way.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

If it's posted on that site as you say, it must have been copied and pasted by someone else, because I didn't post it anywhere else. I don't know white ATS feels about their content being copied without being credited, but it sounds inappropriate to me.

You sound fairly certain this would for sure be in the news or social media sites. I don't know how Facebook works, but I'm assuming people don't post to the world, "Hi, I'm Jane Smith, ER RN. My employer took in a potential Ebola case today - I hope I keep my $80k/yr job after posting this LOL!"

Or, that I'm making it up, which is a fair assumption given lack of pictures, official documents and MSM links, but if I really wanted to rile people up, I'd have a much better story than "here's some very limited information, more to come in a few days..."

No offense taken, given lack of proof, and I don't mean to offend in saying so, but in this case, you're dead wrong about being so sure news sources and insiders would be reporting it if it were true. I'm hoping I'll have the backup to prove I'm not a pre-teen attention seeker once the hopefully negative results are in.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

My hope is that whenever the results are back from CDC, we'll see a concurrent news story that the patient is negative.

Thats Monday. How are you in a position to know either way?

I know, you know a guy…

My guess is they will not officially tell anyone either way.

My friend will be back to work on Monday (tomorrow as of this post), and he'll be in that wing Monday or Tuesday, though he expects to know by the time his shift starts Monday morning.

From this point forward, I won't try to defend my lack of MSM sources, and if this should be moved to the Gray Area, that's fine. I'll report what I know as soon as I know it, and will post any links as well if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

While the information is appreciated, if true, it is truly endangering your friends job.

Just revealing his shifts in this post is enough for them to narrow it down.

Hospitals really are very strict about HIPPA. If a staff member reveals private patient diagnosis, it could cause legal liability for the hospital and their staff member.

Then add to it the government control over the information in a potential outbreak, and it could place your friend in additional jeopardy.

Unfortunately with the way things are going, leaks might be the only way we get information, but... just sayin. Please be careful!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I knew it was only a matter of time when it hit the Chicago area. I live in the city, (well..in East Roger's Park...but still...in Chicago) and in an area that has a LOT of African nationals...even ate at a Nigerian Restaurant in my 'hood a few months back.......

Now my countdown will begin....the question is WHEN do I decide to tell my employer I will no longer see patients....hole up in my condo with 3 months worth of food, water and other necessities...when there are 20 patients with Ebola in Chicago? 50? 100? I am in a room with patients for 5 to 30 minutes and am in direct contact with patients, (I work in ophthalmology).

I will be watching this one closely, to say the least......

Let's hope my lifelong fear of viruses and the belief that mankind will be wiped out by one....is pure paranoia on my part.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

IF TRUE: the ebola dies when in contact with the sun's rays. SO, if said statement is true, then one could take a clear tube and set up an I.V. Let your blood get exposed to the run's rays, then feed it back into yourself. NO MORE EBOLA. Your body would then develope anti-bodies against the ebola.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u

The virus is present in cells other than blood cells. The procedure would not cure ebola.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

While the information is appreciated, if true, it is truly endangering your friends job.

Just revealing his shifts in this post is enough for them to narrow it down.

Hospitals really are very strict about HIPPA. If a staff member reveals private patient diagnosis, it could cause legal liability for the hospital and their staff member.

Then add to it the government control over the information in a potential outbreak, and it could place your friend in additional jeopardy.

Unfortunately with the way things are going, leaks might be the only way we get information, but... just sayin. Please be careful!

Very good points, and honestly, I expected this to be buried under pages of MSM stories (on search engines.) I do believe the information is clear of HIPPA violation because patient's name was not mentioned (by or to me) - but I'm no expert. Nonetheless, hospital administrators watching their admissions go down while the others go up if a potential "scare" got out probably wouldn't go over so well.

Let's let this one keep dropping off the front page so I don't end up feeling like a (badword)!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I live 10 miles south of Elgin. My son attends community college there. I found this thread because I searched 'sherman hospital ebola' . Nothing but this came up. My son heard from a neighbor that an Ebola case was at Sherman.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Seeing as I'm 7.1 miles from this hospital I will be watching closely. Thank heavens I work from home!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I believe this might be the same person that failed the screening at O'Hare last week and was transported to Kenosha County Jail...as it's protocol by the CDC....they probably transferred him to Sherman

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

As you see above, just one post with the name of a hospital can put the thread into Google results.

A wise man once told me: "Never type anything anywhere on the Internet that you would not want to see on the home page of CNN." It is just as visible, never goes away, and can not be taken back. Nothing hides on the Internet!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Given the high respect for human life and ethical behavior in the Chicago area, this is really scary. Hopefully Ebola will stay away.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The person that was sent to jail was sent back to Liberia already. I do find this hard to believe only because there is no other factual evidence, only hearsay. Testing for ebola takes 4-6 hours but it does need to go to a facility that can test which can take a few days. I'm not sure where the closest is but I would imagine the results would be back by now. Also, if there was testing going on the CDC would be notified and thus more than likely on most media outlets.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

I live in Elgin and have for 14 years, and actually was a Sherman Hospital today...hoping the ebola thing is not true. However, you may want to check your Elgin (shythole) statistics. Crime is at the lowest it has been in 40 years. Very few murder cases if you look at the data. The entire landscape of Elgin has changed in the last few decades but particularly in the last 5 years. Thousands of new homes, new families, earning respectable incomes with respectable jobs and tons of new businesses.. not anything like the Elgin of perhaps the late 80's early 90's when crime was at its peak here. Sherman Hospital is a brand new state of the art hospital providing services to our area...not the shythole you portray...just to set the record straight...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm happy to say, for those who believe it's possible that not every single possible Ebola case will be reported by MSM, the patient in question in this thread was confirmed negative.

I don't know when exactly that information came back from CDC, but my source heard this morning and relayed the information to me.

So good news there, and for me, confirmation that not every "possible" case will make the news. If it had been positive, there would absolutely have been some lag time between admission and the general populace knowing about it.

There's going to be a lot more "possible" cases, hopefully all negative. Considering there's only been one that I've found (Boston) recently in the news besides a few from inbound flights, I think it's safe to say the vast majority of possible cases are already not being reported. If they were, as flu season ramps up, we would need 24-hour news dedicated to listing them.

Personally, I think it's better not to have a firestorm of possibilities reported causing panic, though I'd be more comfortable with not knowing if I knew that CDC on down had a better handle on how the virus works.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

your source is a load of crap. you spreading rumors like this is going to cause unneeded panic. "Your source" should probably stop blabbing their mouth. The person in question was admitted Thursday evening and released that Friday. If there ever is a threat they are to communicate it immediately as it is of public concern and at that point it would be all over news and social media. Next time have a more credible source and wait for facts rather than hearsay.

couriernews.suntimes.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: marterves

your source is a load of crap. you spreading rumors like this is going to cause unneeded panic. "Your source" should probably stop blabbing their mouth. The person in question was admitted Thursday evening and released that Friday. If there ever is a threat they are to communicate it immediately as it is of public concern and at that point it would be all over news and social media. Next time have a more credible source and wait for facts rather than hearsay.

couriernews.suntimes.com...

So you're saying there has not been numerous creditable sources to report on "possible" ebola cases? You are quick to attack this user when he is just doing what 90% of the media is doing today. Not to mention you seem to trust that the media is actually reporting all of the cases that pop up which could be totally skewed so not to cause public hysteria.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

Cornczech, the scary part for me would be the up-to 21 day incubation period. Like the nurse in Dallas who contracted the disease from Mr. Duncan's first visit, you can contract it from an E.R. walk-in to the hospital and not realize it for up to 3 weeks. Actually, anyone in a crowded urban area is at tremendous risk, but Hospital workers most of all, IMO.
-CWM
(suburban Chicago)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The Courier story is good news for what it's worth...

“IF THERE WAS A THREAT, it would be communicated. This is a matter of public health. IF THERE WAS AN ACTUAL THREAT, we are required to share that, that is absolutely the right thing to do.”

I guess it depends on the definition of "threat" and who is making the determination that one exists. If the patient is in isolation, no "threat", right? And, we can all agree that "requirements" are not always met and that the "right thing to do" isn't always done. Witness Nina Pham.

With this virus, we'll all find out who's full of crap and who isn't eventually, won't we?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join