It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAELIANS CLAIMED FIRST HUMAN CLONING BIRTH. But is Human cloning right or wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
When the Canadian sect RAELIANS whose beliefs include that life was established on Earth by extraterrestrial's thousands of years ago, had claimed the birth of a baby girl through cloning. It sparked of a World Wide Debate about the moral ethics on weather it was right to create human Clones. It was Brigitte Boisselier, president of the human cloning society Clonaid, who announced the birth the day after Christmas 2002. She announced "The baby was born on Thursday, December 26, 2002, and is the first of a series of human cloning births expected in the next few months". However, since the births, as well as the efforts of Clonaid have been carried out in secret, it will take independent confirmation to establish that the baby was in fact a clone. This confirmation still has not been established.
The Raelians, of whom Boisselier is a member, claim 55,000 members worldwide, and are based in Quebec. The Raelians claim that humans themselves were created by cloning from extraterrestrial's that came to Earth 25,000 years ago.

Weather the RAELIANS did or didn't successfully clone a human is a whole new debate but it has created a heated debate in the halls of the government offices about weather human cloning is right or wrong. We hear from government and medical officials who say that there is still a lot to be done in regulating any form of human cloning before we could go ahead and try to clone a human plus could cloning humans be justified. It would come to no surprise to most of us in the ATS community if there were human clones already living in some underground research facility. But the big question is should we clone humans, weather its just stem cells or a human being. I personally feel that the idea of creating a living creature, Human or sheep, from the living cells of a host creature to produce an identical being is wrong. Oh yeah it may be helpful in giving a new liver to a patient who's own liver is diseased or in helping paraplegic's gain the use of their facilities again I.e. Christopher Reeves. But we don't know much about the downside. One good example is Dolly the sheep she aged faster then normal she also had developed some illnesses associated with old age to early in her life. My concern is cloned organs implanted into people could cause an unknown disease to the human body which could be passed onto non-cloned humans causing a mass infection on the scale of HIV and AIDS. I feel that it has got to the point where it can be done but we should stop it now. It is being rushed into just for the money just think how much money could be made from the sale of cloned organs also it would only be affordable to the very rich so it would not benefit the whole of mankind but it could destroy it.

So lets hear from you whose FOR and whose AGAINST human cloning and what do you think the pros and cons are.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Didn't we have a world war on this already? (Hitler)

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What would the pros of this be? We have enough people in this world all we need are more that look alike lol.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Im ashamed these wackos are from Quebec.
Good or Bad?
Oh please, it's definatly good, only retards oppose it.

What would the pros of this be? We have enough people in this world all we need are more that look alike lol.

Four words:
Personal Liv Tyler Clone.

[Edited on 6/4/2003 by necro99]

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Look, with anything like this, it is GOOD and BAD. To just say its good and only retards oppose it is is IS right retarded.

Look what the knowledge manipulating atoms and dealing with atomic power brought us! Can we all say "Mutually assurd self extinction"!!

Cloning has major 'moral' issues that have not even been touched BUT cloning brings the opportunity for cheap organ transplants, etc.

It will have BOTH good and bad results...."the mind of man is inherently biased towards evil uses"---Einstein.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 21-6-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The clonage was an hoax, as native from quebec I followed the affair and I'm well informed.
France was right to expulse Rael from their country, this man is dangerous, I just wish that my province will be able to expulse him.

[Edited on 21-6-2003 by Salem]

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
are as full of # as a Christmas Turkey.....

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The best thing that my country should do his to expatriate this MF of Rael.

[Edited on 24-6-2003 by Salem]

top topics

join