It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Oklahoma City Hospital Isolates Patient Exhibiting Possible Ebola Symptoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

OKLAHOMA CITY (CBS Houston/AP) — An Oklahoma City hospital is reportedly treating a patient exhibiting possible Ebola symptoms.

KOKH-TV reports that Deaconess Hospital has isolated the patient after arriving to the hospital Thursday night. The Oklahoma State Health Department tells KOKH that the patient’s landlord was recently in West Africa.

A hospital spokesperson states that it is not yet a confirmed case of Ebola and that they are acting with caution while following guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention..

source

Heads up, OK members.

Ears to the ground and keep us updated if you hear anything.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Found this:

"Deaconess Hospital has assessed a patient with symptoms that could be associated with Ebola.  Following a careful and thorough review of the patient's symptoms, risk factors and test results, the Department of Health and the CDC have determined that the patient has not been exposed to Ebola. Erring on the side of public safety, the hospital followed all appropriate protocol set forth by the CDC and we are pleased that our staff and processes worked appropriately.  The hospital appreciates the cooperation and support of public health authorities.  Deaconess is dedicated to providing patients with high quality care in a safe environment."

Officials: patient at Deaconess Hospital evaluated, does not have Ebola
Posted: Oct 10, 2014 8:32 AM CDT
Updated: Oct 10, 2014 11:16 AM CDT

Nothing as to why they don't think it is ebola, just a 'trust us.'

What about the guy's landlord?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Damn.. this is not going to be a good weekend here at all.... hopefully this person isn't infected. However I can only hope that someone is looking for that landlord...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Officials: Patient At OKC Hospital Does Not Have Ebola

Officials said the patient has not traveled to West Africa and has not been in contact with anyone who has the Ebola virus. The patient reportedly said they had contact with someone who visited Africa, but it was not from one of the three "hot spots."

Source
edit on 10-10-2014 by Gully because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

Thankfully this seems to be an actual display of 'am overabundance of caution.'

Officials said the patient has not traveled to West Africa and has not been in contact with anyone who has the Ebola virus. The patient reportedly said they had contact with someone who visited Africa, but it was not from one of the three "hot spots."

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
NICE! Sorry haven't had time to follow up, just saw the story online and thought I would share.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I will be looking into collecting some data on suspected cases over the long weekend. I'll wager there will be hundreds, possible thousands in the US. Unfortunately I believe our medical infrastructure will be overwhelmed by Sunday evening.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm glad the person is okay, but they certainly seem to get their test results a lot faster than normal. I was under the impression that the test took 2 days.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Phew! Glad it wasn't true.
Though, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before it inches its way up I-35 from Dallas.
edit on 10/11/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Did anybody actually read the article? Says right there he wasn't tested.

Says they didn't feel it was necessary because based on a series of questions they asked him they feel he was not exposed. Who's to say he isn't lying. What about the landlord. They say he wasn't in 1of the 3 hot spots. Which means nothing really.

Doesn't matter now anyway they already released him. This feels like the Dallas case all over again...
edit on 11-10-2014 by LurkingRelentlessly because: add

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Hooooooo boy. Well, this just got even closer to home. Glad I moved out to the sticks a few years ago from there, but, still.. About an hour and a half away. Thanks for the hard work you're puttin in on the mega-thread and others to keep us informed, J&C.

Lots of (occasionally international) and interstate travelers come through my town, as Halliburton was founded where I live now. They relocated the corporate HQ to Houston a few years back, but still maintain a very heavy presence in town. Including the old rocket fuel disposal site, where toxic waste seeped into the ground water. Razor wire fences and no less than three armed guards at each gate on the square mile they closed off.

Just the other day I met 2 guys from Kazakhstan who were in town for "training" from Halliburton, with only passports used as ID at the bar. I'd be lying if that little tidbit didn't make my ATS-sense start tingling.

Welp, I'm rambling again. But back on topic, anyone know where I could get a good deal on a cyanide capsule to be used upon myself in case of emergency?
edit on 10112014 by CloudsTasteMetallic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Is there one thread keeping track of all the reported/suspected cases? And their resolutions/times of resolution?

Someone said there have been over 3000 of these so far, all over the place, so I guess this might be hard to do/track as there aren't reports of them all.
edit on 10/11/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

join