It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't forget they're people too.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This isn't really an "Angry Rant", so much as a reminder to think before you speak, and consider the impact of how your words are phrased.

Sometimes the terms "troops" and "soldiers" and even "Marines" act as a dissociative factor for civilians. What I mean is, it seems sometimes like people read these generic terms and forget that these are people. I've seen the same thing in reference to "the ebola patient" or "the doctor with ebola", "suspected ebola patient", or even "all those African ebola victims". It's not just ebola either. It's "that guy that was beheaded", or "shooting victims", "rioting groups".

I just wanted to say that I hope everyone takes a minute to remember, these are all actual PEOPLE. Living breathing human beings like you and I. Let's not forget that, and hope for the safety of all these people.

My friend's brother in law got word that he is headed to Africa shortly in response to the Ebola crisis there. His father is terribly worried. His other son is headed back to Afghanistan. Everyone involved in this crisis is someone's son or daughter, mother or father, brother or sister.

Just hoping that everyone keeps that in mind when discussing current world events.

I'm sad for humanity today.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Now I know why there are no response's, just star's and flag's ....you said it all.

Thanks
edit on 10-10-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Good to remember. a reply to: MojaveBurning

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

You are absolutely correct.

What else is there to say that you didn't.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Makes me wonder about these ISIS guys. They are people too. Do you think they or any of them, watched in admiration as their child took his first step? Or looks up at the clouds and says to his buddy hey that looks like the lion from that disney movie and his buddy says yes it does, now cut his head off?

Do they look forward to a nice meal after a day of killing or driving across the desert only to be disappointed with cold beans again?

If they are people too how can they not see what they are doing has inflamed almost the entire world?

People say it is because of the west' meddling but they are killing Muslims in the ME.

SO, are they people too?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Of course they are. There are good and bad people of all sorts of convictions. I'm sure the self proclaimed Caliphate has or had parents, who wonder where the hell they went wrong. Or, maybe they gaze proudly at his actions. Who knows. But yes, they're people too.

edit on 10-10-2014 by MojaveBurning because: typo

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I've been horribly worried for the soldiers ever since I heard they were going into the plague zone. Sure they sign up to defend the country and that entails risking life and limb, but I have a hard time seeing how this qualifies precisely. They're not trained to combat disease.

I feel horrible for the people in Africa, too. The problem there is that we can't fix all the things that need to be fixed in order to properly help them. They need a functioning country at every level, and they just don't have it. And there is no way we could build it for them, not in the way it would need to be built.

In Africa, you are looking at fighting the disease in conditions that are frankly close to medieval, and you may be looking at having to resort to medieval strategies of disease containment.

new topics

top topics

join