It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter 2014 set to be 'coldest for century' Britain faces ARCTIC FREEZE in just weeks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Or maybe should be in predictions

link
Its not the Mail this time but the Express (just/almost as reliable)

Heavy and persistent snow, freezing gales and sub-zero temperatures threaten to grind the country to a standstill for up to FIVE MONTHS, horrified long-range weather forecasters have warned.

The impending bout of extreme weather will come as a shock and forecasters have warned Britons should not to be lulled into a false sense of security by the recent mild conditions.

January is currently showing signs of temperatures hitting “record-breaking” lows meaning parts of the country could see the mercury plunge to -27C (-17F).

James Madden, forecaster for Exacta Weather said “significant snowfall” is likely in WEEKS with savage frosts and thick winter fogs threatening widespread misery.

The canadian geese are already here for over wintering (started arriving weeks ago which i thought seemed earlier than usual) a lot of berries on the trees but that could just be because we had a good spring summer.

I have seen pics of 3-4ft drifts here (sthrn england) from decades ago but never seen more than 2-3cm since i moved here 20+yrs ago.

Really? I live in Canada and at least 95% of the Canada Geese haven't left yet. Right now it is 10 degrees celcius, 50 degrees Fahrenheit where I live.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bronco73

Alberta is a little colder, -10 ish.
So far, our coldest went to -39 with windchill of -46.
A little early for that cold, but otherwise a normal winter.
We've been covered in snow for about a month or so

Our geese left a few weeks ago, came back, and left again.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
At least you don't have to worry about a polar vortex like we had in Midwest states last year.Very nasty!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Nawt a lot to say.

I am aware of what they are doing.

As a possible positive outcome of their meddlings, one day there may be companies who specialize in retrofitting chimney structures, and fireplaces…for all those homes which were built after we somehow elected Al Gore after all.

And if you get tornados, and stuff, the chimney is helpful for locating your place.

# 328
edit on 6-12-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Alberta is a little colder, -10 ish.
So far, our coldest went to -39 with windchill of -46.
A little early for that cold, but otherwise a normal winter.
We've been covered in snow for about a month or so

Our geese left a few weeks ago, came back, and left again.

I am in Alberta
Lethbridge in fact. It was warmer right into November this year and I wore a T shirt every day. As I write this on December 15'th the Canada Geese are still here. I can go out and take some pictures tomorrow if you'd like

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

They looked like they had a hard time deciding whether they were coming or going, lol.
I guess they made it as far south as Lethbridge

I have my fill of fat magpies and woodpeckers. A few huge crows too.

Way less snow this year so far. I'm about an hour or so north of Edmonton.
We had a big meltdown the other day, went up to over +10.
Still have the yard snow, hate the slide off the metal roof, right above the door. ....

Still have a couple of months (or 3 or 4) to see how this winter goes..

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
that's bad news. i detest cold weather. a couple of years ago it was so cold, in the kitchen of my flat, that the olive oil froze solid. dreadful. brrr.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join