It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unknown unknowns of dealing with ISIL in Iraq......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

From a Canadian perspective this analyst lays it out......We have a decided LACK OF ACCURATE MILITARY INTELLIGENCE......
THIS IS CRUCIAL FOR SUCCESSFUL OPERATIONS....
When we do get this international juggernaught rolling towards flattening ISIL,we will be encountering some nasty surprises......

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Well that was an ugly read...

For its part, the U.S. intelligence community, which represents the CIA, Pentagon and State Department, has fired back with news leaks that said the White House overlooked the obvious warnings it had been handed.

This equally dispiriting view was buttressed this week when former defence secretary and CIA director Leon Panetta released his critical memoir, Worthy Fights, which insists Obama "lost his way" in both Iraq and Syria, leading to the rise of ISIS.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I feel a case can be made that there is a real risk of ISIS-led genocide in the region that requires outside intervention.

Oh yah? I thought the US led coalition was doing most of the killing?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Why does it keep getting assumed that these are different people? The talk of the intelligence slate being wiped clean? What's that?

It's the same people as before only with a few more modern weapons am I wrong?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

It's showing that this present administration is asleep at the wheel.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yes....ISIL has a whole plethora of western born and raised fighters that weren't part of the jihad a few years ago......
You can see the new face of jihad through their influence on strategy and tactics they now employ.....

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Interesting article. I detected a lack of enthusiasm sufficient to indicate that in the absence of better intel, the Canadians might not sign up to continue support against ISIL.

Looks to me like the Coalition of the Willing is...after Afghanistan, worn out with it all. The Turks steadfast in their refusal to get involved on the ground. If Baghdad falls, its either game, set, match, win for ISIL, or...the Iranians will feel compelled to intervene. If Baghdad falls, then, theoretically, the Iraqi government is largely gone and that leaves the US without anyone to support in the face of ISIL.

top topics

join