It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's face palm-worthy comment on Ebola

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Obama contradicts the CDC on Ebola contagion

You cannot get Ebola sitting next to someone on a bus

But the CDC says, "Actually, yes you can."

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), however, advises humanitarian aid workers from the United States who travel to countries currently experiencing Ebola outbreaks to “avoid public transportation” if they develop a fever or experience other Ebola-like symptoms while on their trip.

Listed among their online recommendations for travelers journeying to Liberia, Guinea, Nigeria or Sierra Leone, the CDC advises travelers who begin to exhibit possible Ebola symptoms and choose to visit a doctor to “Limit your contact with other people when you travel to the doctor; avoid public transportation.”

Source

So what is the deal? Is he really that ignorant? Who came up with this statement for him, or did he contrive it all by himself? If I didn't know better, I'd think his actual agenda was to spread the disease. Wait -- actually, I don't know better...

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

With his track record of telling the truth, believing him on anything critical to your survival is as hazardous as getting Ebola itself.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Geez.

This is a huge problem. There are so many people who want to believe there is no problem, that they will believe what Obama says. Spreading this kind of ignorance could be committing the oblivious to a death sentence.

I know they want to reassure people and keep them calm. But they don't need to do it by spreading disinformation.

But, it is close to election time. "All is well" in the country is the message they want spread. "There is no ebola problem". And the wheels of politicism are so powerfully arrogant, that I believe they really believe that whatever they say will be as they say it should be. They want to form reality into what they want it to be by hiding the truth and manipulating what people see and hear.

After all, they have tried this over and over. Not just recently but throughout history.
"It was not terrorists, it was protest over a video".
"Obamacare is going fine".
"There is no danger from ebola".
etc. etc.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Considering the fact that he misses 4 out of every 7 of his daily briefing meetings.... I'm not shocked.

He says he prefers to read them instead of showing up for them. Maybe he forgot to check his spam folder??

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This is why we can't have nice things.

edit on 10/10/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Shakes head in dismay.....I am no longer stunned by any idiotic crap that flows out of his lying pie hole.

Maybe he can show all of us how much he believes his own #e, by sticking the next confirmed case of ebole next to him in a golf cart, and take him for a spin on the course.

Des

edit on 10-10-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

This is why we can't have nice things.

*Chuckle....

So true.
This entire damned control apparatus is the reason we can't have nice things!

Obama is a fool, or worse, he is spreading disinformation like this for more nefarious reasons. I don't know which to believe at this point.

I truly start to worry when they downplay fear like this, it just is NOT the MO of these people.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Maybe he can show all of us how much he believes his own #e, by sticking the next confirmed case of ebole next to him in a golf cart, and take him for a spin on the course.

A wonderful idea! Can we get a petition going to advocate this. "Leading by example".....

I do hope if that were to happen that the ebola patient upchucks on this idiot. I have ZERO love for this lying POS....(shutting up now before I go on some kind of ignorant rant myself)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Obama is beyond the progressive liberal state of mind where if you disagree with them they will hate you, Obama is so narcissistic that he truly believes what he says and if you disagree your a racist, he does not just stop at hate. IMO

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

He will do that as soon as Nancy Pelosi takes in some of those illegal immigrants that she has taken to calling opportunities instead of crisis'....

Do as I say, not as I do.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
To me it ś odd how the us government is downplaying this ebola situation.
i mean America thrives on creating fear, you would think Obama and his entourage would be all over this.
has Fox news started the "Muslims spread Ebola" panel yet?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Geez.

This is a huge problem. There are so many people who want to believe there is no problem, that they will believe what Obama says. Spreading this kind of ignorance could be committing the oblivious to a death sentence.

I know they want to reassure people and keep them calm. But they don't need to do it by spreading disinformation.

But, it is close to election time. "All is well" in the country is the message they want spread. "There is no ebola problem". And the wheels of politicism are so powerfully arrogant, that I believe they really believe that whatever they say will be as they say it should be. They want to form reality into what they want it to be by hiding the truth and manipulating what people see and hear.

After all, they have tried this over and over. Not just recently but throughout history.
"It was not terrorists, it was protest over a video".
"Obamacare is going fine".
"There is no danger from ebola".
etc. etc.

And the great one that is allowed to hang out there: It was "workplace violence, not a terrorist act," (Ft. Hood).

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hey now...Ebolans are people too you know... we should embrace them just like any other. If we wear hazmat suits around them it will make them feel bad so I am glad Obama is sticking up for them.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

has Fox news started the "Muslims spread Ebola" panel yet

Yeah....them and a bunch of others. Trying to goad "ISIS" and other terrorist types into it. They are practically BEGGING someone to attempt to utilize this virus as a bio-weapon.

And.....like you, I raise an eyebrow when they keep pressing the "stay calm, nothing to worry about" rhetoric down our collective throats'. As I said before, it is NOT their typical MO (though, I do acknowledge the "reverse psy-op" aspect of doing so)

One just doesn't know what to believe (if honest about it and not trying to be a know it all)......I will err on the side of caution, personally. Though, I live in a very rural area and am not to worried, as of yet. I could disappear into the mountains for a while and let it run its course, I suppose. I don't want to...winter coming and all that, but I could.

I worry just as much, if not more so, about the panic that might ensue if there is the slightest hint that it is rapidly spreading (if that happens).....the panic could potentially be far worse than the virus itself, each playing into each other and making the entire situation a HUGE clustermuck....

Batten down the hatches!

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Best way for anyone to catch a infectious diseases is a Bus...Confined Space, Warm and when you get up to alight you touch just about every rail, Handle on the way down the aisle.

Obama Is a stupid man.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Great idea, can we get Pelosi and Reid in that golf cart.

WOW its sad what we have come to with this person in charge, I hope we can pull out of this when Obama is gone,

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Sorry, hit the button twice.

Second
edit on 10-10-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It's easier to understand why the country is so screwed up once a person realizes that many of those in a high placed position don't know much.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

There seems to be this desire on the part of our (ahem) leaders to minimize the threat of Ebola, to the point that they're actually saying incorrect things, or things they cannot know for certain.

It's obvious, they don't want people to become *overly* concerned, to not "panic" or whatever - (it's funny, CNN will spend two hours covering Ebola, then have a story "Are Americans Overreacting to the Ebola Threat?") - I don't think many people are panicking - they just want the people in charge to take the necessary steps to mitigate this - to prevent wider-spread outbreaks.

And it's when they start lying to us, when they say things that aren't true, when they say things that sound like they're under-estimating the problem -- *that's* when people start to get concerned.

When they say it's not airborne, it's very difficult to catch, it can't live outside the body, nothing to see here - yet we see many cases of infection where medical workers took every precaution, and there's no clear explanation of how they became infected - then people become concerned that they're not taking it seriously enough, that they themselves may be under-estimating its ability to spread.

As someone else said, every zombie movie begins with a CDC press conference where they say there's little or no risk ...

Stop treating people like children whose fear needs to be managed - and give people the confidence that can manage the problem, that you're not taking chances, that you're not arrogant enough to think you know everything there is to know about the disease, and that you're going to err on the side of safety - "competence" is how you re-assure people, not by mouthing sweet-sounding lies.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Obama and his statements are ridiculous.
I mean soon it will get to the point where you can flip everything they say to opposite meaning.

Actually we could be there now.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure
Obama contradicts the CDC on Ebola contagion

You cannot get Ebola sitting next to someone on a bus

But the CDC says, "Actually, yes you can."

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), however, advises humanitarian aid workers from the United States who travel to countries currently experiencing Ebola outbreaks to “avoid public transportation” if they develop a fever or experience other Ebola-like symptoms while on their trip.

Listed among their online recommendations for travelers journeying to Liberia, Guinea, Nigeria or Sierra Leone, the CDC advises travelers who begin to exhibit possible Ebola symptoms and choose to visit a doctor to “Limit your contact with other people when you travel to the doctor; avoid public transportation.”

Source

So what is the deal? Is he really that ignorant? Who came up with this statement for him, or did he contrive it all by himself? If I didn't know better, I'd think his actual agenda was to spread the disease. Wait -- actually, I don't know better...
You know, I wanted to give him a chance when he got elected the first time, but the guy ended up being just what I thought he would be.

It may sound silly, but his only accomplishment in life was getting elected. Other than that he' really done nothing in life and really has no clue what to do with his job. His life has been dedicated to electioneering, campaigning and fund raising. He's still doing that instead of actually working at the job he was elected to do.

The guy is a fraud and the liberals are finding that out and jumping ship like rats. The died in the pink libs are still holding on. I know a few that still try and defend the defenseless. But you can see they're starting to crack as well.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join