It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for a New Government...or None at All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Forget your specific politics for a moment. Forget your religious beliefs, your sexual orientation, race, etc. And if you can do that...consider this for a moment.

The United States is at war with itself. Regardless of the arguments or who is right, and who is wrong...everyone has their own opinion. Be it for political reasons, race, religion, etc...people are mad at other people and people are demanding they be accepted for who and what they are. But that (in my opinion) isn't possible. There are always opposite views.

With that...and if you have the same stance on government that I do (that is sucks), maybe it is time for the people to consider restructuring America and our government.

I'm open to suggestions, but I also have a few. I believe that like any other animal, people prefer to be with others like themselves. Farmers would get along and have more in common with other farmers. You can extend that thought as far as you like. So...with so many states and counties...why not move toward our own little kingdoms where like people, with like views live together? It would make representation easier for government representatives, it would breed a more comfortable society with less disagreement, it would give a haven to those who support specific religious or political views...and so on.

These "kingdoms" would, of course trade with other "kingdoms" and the success or failure of any given "kingdom" would be the sole result of their choices. Kingdom 1 wouldn't have to pay for the failure of Kingdom 2. If you happen to think marriage is for a man and a woman...there is a kingdom for that and you can live there. If you believe otherwise...there is a kingdom for that.

I know this is simplistic and problematic, but is it worse than where we are now? We live in a society where some people are forced to help others who sometimes aren't even trying. We live with people who fundamentally disagree with our way of life...and won't change. If a kingdom of progressives want their electric cars and want to pay for other's failures...live in that place.

So what say you? I personally don't think our government is fixable and our society is in the dumpster. What real changes do you think would correct things if we could do anything? And don't get pissed at my ideas...they are just suggestions. How would you fix things for everyone?
edit on 10/10/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I think that unless the depth of coruption is really exposed people will joggle along. I noticed that when it was put that the minimum wage here - set by our government of elitists - should be £19 per hour there were so many utterly brainwashed people crying Oh it would ruin business and where would it come from, yet they don't understand that the elite are richer by huge jumps at a time. This purely because they are helping themselves, with government aid,to the majority of the money this country earns.

I think unless people examine their brainwashed idea about accepting what we are told, and incidentially - someone yesterday on the news said that there were more cuts to come in Britain and no one batted an eyelid! - in britain where everything is run of the tightest shoe-string, unless of course one of the elite want some grant or other or banks needs dish etc. Its time we woke up and didn't accept cuts that have crippled our welfare system which people worked damn hard to put into place. We should be demanding much higher taxes of the elite and their extravagances. I am sure with a set of shears I could get to work pretty quickly to make a difference.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

I think that unless the depth of coruption is really exposed people will joggle along. I noticed that when it was put that the minimum wage here - set by our government of elitists - should be £19 per hour there were so many utterly brainwashed people crying Oh it would ruin business and where would it come from, yet they don't understand that the elite are richer by huge jumps at a time. This purely because they are helping themselves, with government aid,to the majority of the money this country earns.

I think unless people examine their brainwashed idea about accepting what we are told, and incidentially - someone yesterday on the news said that there were more cuts to come in Britain and no one batted an eyelid! - in britain where everything is run of the tightest shoe-string, unless of course one of the elite want some grant or other or banks needs dish etc. Its time we woke up and didn't accept cuts that have crippled our welfare system which people worked damn hard to put into place. We should be demanding much higher taxes of the elite and their extravagances. I am sure with a set of shears I could get to work pretty quickly to make a difference.

So what are you suggesting as a solution? It sounds like you are saying that you would tax the rich...heavily. But I don't want to put words in your mouth.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
That's an interesting idea. But not exactly the anarchist's view that your title suggests.
Religious folks say (some of them, anyway) that we are now experiencing the "kingdom age," so why not do as you suggest, and divide us into groups of like minds….
Although, I could suggest, also, that this is a simulation, and if it is, then they've already done that, to some degree.
It was or is the foundation of reasoning for simulation, to cut down on the functional disagreement about everything, and separate, to provide for more peace. If that was the reasoning, and we are living the outcome, I don't know that it's worked. But then, it's difficult to determine if what we are told in the news is really happening. This is very important, as this is the only way people know in one location what is transpiring elsewhere. If we are told varying things to different degrees, then we can't know and react in an appropriate manner, or do anything in response that makes sense, really.

Anyway, I think you have an interesting idea, there.
tetra50

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
That's an interesting idea. But not exactly the anarchist's view that your title suggests.
Religious folks say (some of them, anyway) that we are now experiencing the "kingdom age," so why not do as you suggest, and divide us into groups of like minds….
Although, I could suggest, also, that this is a simulation, and if it is, then they've already done that, to some degree.
It was or is the foundation of reasoning for simulation, to cut down on the functional disagreement about everything, and separate, to provide for more peace. If that was the reasoning, and we are living the outcome, I don't know that it's worked. But then, it's difficult to determine if what we are told in the news is really happening. This is very important, as this is the only way people know in one location what is transpiring elsewhere. If we are told varying things to different degrees, then we can't know and react in an appropriate manner, or do anything in response that makes sense, really.

Anyway, I think you have an interesting idea, there.
tetra50

Thank you...and it goes further. We have representatives to government that can't represent everyone in their district because the group is so diverse. I would be easier to represent jewish farmers than such a mixed group of people. You would also have police forces of like people...maybe less unwarranted violence? The federal government's role would almost disappear. Only intra-kingdom support and protection of the country as a whole.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50
Oh...and on your anarchy comment. I'm all for anarchy...but only for the short period of time that it takes to tear down one government, and raise another that is truly for the people. For a brief moment after the tear down, there will be anarchy. And the shorter that time the better.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
In such a scenerio one group would end up with an area better than another. A bunch "kingdoms" with a weak centeral government is a recipe for disaster. And how would you divide these people? If your a Jewish farmer who is pro gun control, pro life, eats bacon, anti gay marriage etc, etc, then you would have to be in a different kingdom than Jewish farmer who is pro gun control, pro life, anti bacon, anti gay marriage etc, etc. Everytime one of those variables changes its a new kingdom. Add to that people who want to chose where they live based on location, people who like parts of other groups cultures and the normal human belief that the others are getting something your not and the of course that local goverments tend to be even worse than central ones and you have a complete mess on your hands. It would be like the Holy Roman Empire only with more chaos.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Mmm yes chaos; give us moar chaos...!

I want to live in the the Enlightened kingdom with the rest of my fellow ATSers.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

We already have little kingdoms around. Just look at a electoral map by county. You can see where the cities are because they primarily vote liberal (Blue) and the rural areas are usually conservative (Red).
edit on 10-10-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
OR

We reclaim what was once ours "We the People" the way America was MEANT to be from it's inception before being hijacked by "America Inc'

Couple of pennies...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Long ago, The US government was infiltrated by a foreign power/religion, and that influence is what dictates where we are today, and why we can't be friends with many other countries. Make no mistake, we need a government, but we need a government that does it's job and works for the people, not lobbyists. It can be corrected, however, that would require a internal war. Erasing the fed would be the first step. Then requiring all who serve congress to be a citizen of the US; In other words, no dual citizens should be allowed in government. Next, we'd have to have our own banking system. Then regulate Wall Street. Then, to finish cutting off the snakes head, cut inflation in half and put a cap on it. Then, we shall thrive again. Keep religion out of politics.

The two-party system is a corrupted mess and will never work. Other than this, revolution is the only other choice, and that would require arrest warrants for the traitors. It would also require the US military having to do it's job, and that job isn't genociding muslims.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
How has anarchy gone for Iraq? just be careful what you wish for. I am not aware of many violent revolutions that have resulted in improved government functioning. If the government does all fall apart then get ready for martial law. The French revolution which resulted in a lot of beheading might be argued for some improvement. When Britain moved from a monarchy to a democracy it looks to have been largely blood free from what I have learnt about it.

Ok, we all know the system is rotten from the top down. Realistically there in not a thing we can do about how federal government is currently functioning. Write letters they get ignored, protest and they get broken up, vote and does the machine even count it? The trouble we have is the system it's self.

The one angle I can see where this some chance is to start local. Get involved in your local government councils and attend different community meetings. Understand your political networks and functioning in your local area. The fast growth of society and technology is creating a lot of problems and catching up that is needed. Technology can be a curse or a blessing, employed right it can lead to a better decision making process, employed wrong and it will make our decisions for us. Or maybe it is all just too hard and back to the drawing board for civilization on Earth.

I expect a lot of people on these boards are fairly tech savy with a lot of good ideas and a strong social awareness. There is not just one or two big problems but thousands and millions of small ones than need to be sorted out, one step at a time. If you want to fix government then start local, for those on the right track the public will eventually hear about it. Hopefully things will grow as we find a better way out of this mess.
edit on 10-10-2014 by kwakakev because: added 'it'

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Great idea, I agree that being around like minded people and live let live as it were would be great but that's purity much what we do now, we just don't have these "kingdoms".

I'm not sure we as a nation could get much more divided with out a civil war.

Back to your OP, the kingdoms would reflect the responsibility and hard work its people produced, which would mean there would be kingdoms full of non producers that would want the producing kingdoms to provide for them, so your right back to where we are now... but still a great idea.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You are not the first nor the last to be talking about this.

That's the thing, we need more than online stuff, government loves the online stuff, they read it and laugh.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline

Great idea, I agree that being around like minded people and live let live as it were would be great but that's purity much what we do now, we just don't have these "kingdoms".

I'm not sure we as a nation could get much more divided with out a civil war.

Back to your OP, the kingdoms would reflect the responsibility and hard work its people produced, which would mean there would be kingdoms full of non producers that would want the producing kingdoms to provide for them, so your right back to where we are now... but still a great idea.

Well...again...that is one of those animal things. Survival of the fittest makes a species or group stronger and if a group of like people can't do what is required to "make it"...there is no reason they should bring down the rest of us who do.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

edit on 10-10-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

top topics

join