It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Hood Shooter Sends Letter to Pope Francis Espousing Jihad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Nidal Hasan, the Fort Hood radical Islamic terrorist who mass murdered 13 people and an unborn child, and tried to kill 31 more, wrote a six page hand written jihadi letter ... that's a lot of rhetoric. I'm wondering why the pope? Maybe because Pope Francis has been reaching out to Muslims a lot? And I'm wondering is this hand written letter will be enough to get the administration to stop calling the Fort Hood shooting 'workplace violence' and instead call it what it is ... radical Islamic terrorism?

Convicted Fort Hood shooter Nidal Hasan has written to Pope Francis espousing “jihad,” in his latest correspondence aligning himself with radical Islam.

Despite efforts by the Defense Department to label the 2009 massacre as “workplace violence,” Hasan has described himself several times, and again in the new letter, using the acronym "SoA," or "Soldier of Allah."...

Hasan appears to make multiple references to the Koran in the letter, and includes a bulleted list of guidelines for “believers.” In one subsection titled "Jihad," Hasan praises "The willingness to fight for All-Mighty Allah," describing it as a test that elevates the "mujahadeen" who "are encouraged to inspire the believers." He states that “fighters … have a greater rank in the eyes of Allah than believers who don’t fight."

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well I'm torn to be honest...

It's definitely terrorism...

But to say it's Islamic would mean you could prove he was a practising Muslim who adhered to what the Quran says...
He didn't...
Exhibit A
He killed an unborn child...
That's a sin...The worst sin of all!

On Judgement Day he will face Allah's wrath, & Allah will not be merciful just because he made claims to being a SoA!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Wow. How did this guy come to be in the job he occupied while holding such militant views? Surely people must have known. Is the military that much of a closed system that his known views could not be reported?

Although it's not a surprise when nut jobs write threatening letters to world leaders including the pope, my thoughts steer to those who might have been harmed by being in his care. Clearly the Hippocratic oath to do no harm clashes with his fanatical views.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Another alarming thread on people who commit atrocities and are labeled with a name that they don't represent.

This guy is evil and needs to be stopped. Doesn't matter if he is white, Muslim, 4 foot tall, overweight, humpbacked, effeminate or a sociopath.

His actions speak louder than words.

He committed murder, he is not an adherent to any religious doctrine with those actions.

Extremists are everywhere...........................Be careful there is one behind you. Hehehehe *Sorry for the humor* The pope is a big boy he probably gets death threats 16 times between breakfast and lunch.
edit on 10-10-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
The pope is a big boy he probably gets death threats 16 times between breakfast and lunch.

According to the TV news reports, there wasn't a death threat in the letter. But instead, the Fort Hood shooter was basically schooling the pope on how true believers should be acting, and that they should be on Jihad. I haven't seen a full script of the letter but that's what's being reported. It was a lesson for the pope on how to do Allahs will ... because apparently the Fort Hood shooter thinks he knows Allah and that the Pope is stupid or something.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

Wow. How did this guy come to be in the job he occupied while holding such militant views? Surely people must have known. Is the military that much of a closed system that his known views could not be reported?

Although it's not a surprise when nut jobs write threatening letters to world leaders including the pope, my thoughts steer to those who might have been harmed by being in his care. Clearly the Hippocratic oath to do no harm clashes with his fanatical views.

People did know about his views and nothing was done as this article states. More than one or two people failed those that Hasan murdered that day.

content.time.com...

There was a lot of PC involved IMO and that cost quite a few folks.... dearly.
edit on 10/10/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I wanted to reply to this when first posted but have had browser issues.

I'm coming to the conclusion that Religious Extremists such as this man are suffering from a form of mental illness. A form of mental illness that makes an individual susceptible to twisted versions of their chosen faith.

In this case, Islamic extremism.

They could have just as easily been suckered into some sort of 'Cult' where they meet 'Like Minded' individuals who also feel like outcasts of some sort and that they become self proclaimed champions for whatever they deem critical to their version of morality etc.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

It's called megalomania or grandeur!!!

& I agree!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
Yeah, was just coming in to say it is mental illness, pure and simple.

But I've been saying that for a very long time now.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

They could have just as easily been suckered into some sort of 'Cult' where they meet 'Like Minded' individuals who also feel like outcasts of some sort and that they become self proclaimed champions for whatever they deem critical to their version of morality etc.

ISIS....

Cults amaze me as I can not understand the folks that get sucked into them at all. There seems to be no shortage though regardless of what kind of cult it is. So I agree... It has to be mental illness. No other excuse makes as much sense.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

What on Earth does he think this will acheive?
It's not as if Pope Francis will read the letter and think "Hey I got it all wrong,violent jihad is the way to go."

Hassan is delusional,like all religious extremists.
Murdering scum should be locked in a rubber room for life IMO.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Nidal Hasan, the Fort Hood radical Islamic terrorist who mass murdered 13 people and an unborn child, and tried to kill 31 more, wrote a six page hand written jihadi letter ... that's a lot of rhetoric. I'm wondering why the pope? Maybe because Pope Francis has been reaching out to Muslims a lot? And I'm wondering is this hand written letter will be enough to get the administration to stop calling the Fort Hood shooting 'workplace violence' and instead call it what it is ... radical Islamic terrorism?

Convicted Fort Hood shooter Nidal Hasan has written to Pope Francis espousing “jihad,” in his latest correspondence aligning himself with radical Islam.

Despite efforts by the Defense Department to label the 2009 massacre as “workplace violence,” Hasan has described himself several times, and again in the new letter, using the acronym "SoA," or "Soldier of Allah."...

Hasan appears to make multiple references to the Koran in the letter, and includes a bulleted list of guidelines for “believers.” In one subsection titled "Jihad," Hasan praises "The willingness to fight for All-Mighty Allah," describing it as a test that elevates the "mujahadeen" who "are encouraged to inspire the believers." He states that “fighters … have a greater rank in the eyes of Allah than believers who don’t fight."

These jihadis are fools, they think they can overthrow Christ's rule in the world, by killing the Pope. Christ and his command is here to stay forever !

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Why is this fool l getting any news coverage at all? We should dunk him in a vat of boiling pig fat and send him on his journey to hell already. The guy is a PoS that deserves no more media attention at all. This being in the news will only bolster the position of all the other idiot radical muslims out there to do more damage in other areas.

So over the muslims getting all this attention for what they are doing...kill all the radicals and be done with it. And no, that doesn't make me the same as them because once dead I am not going to flaunt it or even give a care about a cause....just dead and forgotten......

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
He called himself 'a soldier of Allah'.
He shouted Allahu Akbar while he executed his victims.
He refused to shave while imprisoned.... because it was against his religion.

But he isn't a Muslim... according to some.

Even Barack Hussein Obama believes it was just workplace violence.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Well Islam doesn't accept psychopaths...
So he can claim whatever he wants...
Doesn't make it true!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Please explain that. The religion some how excludes the mentally ill?
I'm not understanding what you wrote. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
My opinion?

The letter should have been torn up as soon as he finished writing it. Torn right in front of his face.

Then he should have been taken out back and shot until he was room temperature.

He gave up any rights humanity has to offer the second he pulled the trigger.

I don't care what his cause was.
I don't care what his religion was.

My only request is that he be buried under a fire hydrant so that dogs could piss on his grave for eternity.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This whole thing is a fiasco.
He was not booted out of the military because he was Muslim and the military didn't want a lawsuit.
Then he yells his Muslim battle cry but since he worked there its just workplace violence.
If he was a christian he would not have been locked up for 5 years, he would have been executed 4 years ago.
Total bs because of his religion.

On a side note... I wonder if he is still being paid his military salary while he sits waiting for trial?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Got ya a star for that one,

Now

Tell us how you really feel?
Don't pull any punches this time.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: butcherguy

So he can claim whatever he wants...
Doesn't make it true!

No, but there are plenty of Islamic governments that support terrorism and execute people for such trivial things as homosexuality, adultery and apostasy. They do it in the name of sharia law. Is it the governments that are 'psychopathic' or the law that they are following? (Saudi Arabia, Iran and Pakistan are ones that come to mind)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join