It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for an active ghost hunting group to test a new device I have made.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
A device which is a physical test for ghosts.
I dont know if there is already one of these devices but I have made a very simple device which lights a red or green LED when a ghost makes an physical interaction with the 3D world. Basically it is like a simple switch and the ghost can either indicate yes or no. I was trying to think of ways to find out some information from the entity rather than just determining that one is there. If we can get a dialogue going with a spirit entity than we have some possibility to find out more about them by them answering yes no questions. It would at least be more useful to the home owner if they could find out why the ghost was in their property.

I know there are lots of electronic devices out there which will show a positive or negative but I wanted to make a device in which there was **absolutely no doubt at all** whether there was a ghostie doing the communicating. If the lights light, and there is no-one near the device, then that is definitely an entity. There is no possibility it might be a stray EMF field or a directed radio signal or a plane passing over. Rather like the Randi test for ESP, this should be a similar test for ghosties.

Now what I am looking for is an active ghost hunters group to test it in the field and see if the ghosties are able to move the bits to light the light and indicate a yes/no answer.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
No offense, but there's lots of devices like this out there and IMO I think that there's too many variables involved to get anything scientific from a device that can be manipulated by static electricity, sound waves, air moisture, etc.. That's why I won't even bother doing the flashlight trick;--because it tells me nothing. I think a lot of these devices are just so the TV shows aren't so boring, because ghost hunting can get down-right boring sometimes. But great job coming up with something. I'm sure there are some who disagree, but us ghost hunters are a varied pack.

Have a good one

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Well, to be fair, I've been in contact with qmantoo and I know what he's done here and I feel that his device has truly eliminated the possibility that vibrations, emf etc. will set it off. In fact, my only doubts about it are that it would, imo, take a lot of effort for something to register a response. So I believe he is right about this aspect, if he or someone else can get a response from it it would certainly indicate that an entity of some kind has manipulated it. I just don't expect it to happen. I could be wrong though. In my own experience, I have seen physical objects being moved around by something unseen which took considerable work to move. So who knows.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thanks wtbengineer.
I have in the past had physical experiences, so I know it can be done. I have had a table lift above my head while I was sitting and I had to stretch to keep my hands on top of it. I am not a short person and I trust the three other people I was with, so I do believe it is possible. Now either one of us was doing this with our minds (all of our hands were on top of the table) or it was some other entity.

fylgje - certainly no offense taken, but I was looking for other devices of a similar kind today and I could not find any which were not wholly electronic in nature. Maybe you could provide a link to one please and I will see if it is similar to the one I have made.

Of couse, I do not claim to have created the only one of its kind, just that when you think of an idea and make it up, it becomes more special and you want to find out if it works in the real world.

As far as I can see, the only way to overcome static, moisture, sound waves etc is to have some kind of physical 'something' which has to be manipulated by the entity in order to prove or register its presence. Purely electronic gizmos can be fooled by other phenomena such as you mention.

I want to try and get a few of these out there to see if they work or if they dont work at all. So, anyone doing ghost hunting on a regular basis?
edit on 10 Oct 2014 by qmantoo because: typo

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I imagine this device, if used scientifically, would spell an end to the belief in ghosts - at least in our modern conception of them.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm a filmmaker working on a paranormal web series and we would be happy to test out your devise and document it on video.

u2u me for our imdb page and contact info.

My compliments for actually doing something!!!
edit on 10-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

Qmantoo, looks like you have a good offer to try that thing out! Good luck!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

I like seeing new tech, but interacting brings unknown variables and could be detrimental.
edit on 10-10-2014 by sanitizedinfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: sanitizedinfo

Yes, I agree, that is why I don't personally involve myself with these kind of things. I can't help but read about them though. When the op first contacted me for help with his device, I was kind of thinking about an electronic device that would work along the same lines as his idea but with more output selections that could be affected. You know sort of an electronic Ouija board, with LEDs that would light for the alphabet and yes/no. The thing would be enclosed so no access to trigger it. No hands moving the planchette would be possible. OP advised me against such a thing since he said he thought that might be asking for trouble. I kind of think any time you instigate contact it would be the same danger no matter what the tool you use.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
olaru12 thanks for the offer. I will send you a message.

What we all forget is that these entities are interacting with our 3D world all the time. Some interactions are pleasant, some are neutral and some are negative. In fact they are just like walking down the street and meeting people except that we humans are socially conditioned to "be nice" to people. Other cultures and races may not have the same nice-ities and they may not have emotions. No emotions means that we cannot appeal to them as we might do to humans, and it means that if they have an agenda, then they just go for it without any compassion, feelings, regret, etc. It is very difficult for us to understand someone without emotions but with a will to do something. This will be a problem for us when we interact with alien ET races who just want our Earth for themselves or maybe want humans for a resource.

The point being that these guys (both 'bad' and 'good') are out there doing their stuff whether we communicate with them or not and we will never understand them or know how to deal with them if we do not communicate with them. Where there is communication, there is hope for negotiation, diplomacy and compromise perhaps but without it we are at odds with any entity we do not understand and at war with them.

There are ways to protect against entities and it does not do ourselves any favours by thinking we are powerless against them justbecause we cannot see/feel/experience them. Really, we have to step up to the plate and learn more about our multidimensional world and not be so scared of anything which goes "Boo'.

There are people out there who can deal with these things, so there must be a way to interact with them. I have no idea whether ghosts are in the same category as aliens - they may be. If our universe is mutidimensional, then it could be just another layer we are experiencing, but being scared to investigate is not going to move our knowledge about these unseen worlds forward at all.

There is a lot of knowledge - mostly occult or religious which, if pulled together probably gives us a better understanding of these entities but as yet, no-one has done that. What we need is for the Vatican to open its library to scholars (thats all their documents, not just the ones which agree with their beliefs) and we need the attitude to change to the old occult societies and for them to share their knowledge too.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Why do you need an item to test for ghosts? You sound absolutely positive that they exist already.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Now that sounds cool!

Hope you share that with everyone when you are done!
Would love to see what you come up with.

qmantoo, it sounds interesting. Looking forward to whatever you figure out with it.
Any device that seriously attempts contact is a good thing, if it works or not, because some day, there will be something that does. I have no doubt that it has happened already.
There are already devices out there, but no one is sure if they do work or what is going on.
I experienced something through a police scanner once,
so I know some things can communicate with almost anything they choose to use.
Other spirits just don't seem to be able to manifest that kind of energy,
I think possibly because they are caught in some sort of in "between realities" reality.

So if you do come across something that is strong enough to trigger a harder to manipulate device,
be careful because whatever it is, it is most likely not a simple "ghost".

But I am interested in hearing anything that comes of this experimental item you have created.
Maybe you will be the lucky one and find something everything can use if it wants.

edit on 10-10-2014 by Darkblade71 because: bad bad bad typonese!!! BAD!! Word crimes even!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Why do you need an item to test for ghosts? You sound absolutely positive that they exist already.

Because there are so many pieces of electronic equipment and we are dealing with energy. Electronics uses energy and ghosts use energy, but these devices to detect ghosts get influenced by so many other things in our daily lives - like walkie-talkies, EMF sources, static electricity, microwaves, etc etc.

As it is, it is difficult enough to prove that what you observe is actually an entity trying to interact with the physical world. Given that so many of these devices are not shielded from other sources of electrical interference, it gives ghost hunters a hard ime to know what is real paranormal and what is something else.

So what I think we need is either a totally physical device or a mixture of electrical and physical which can be manipulated by the ghosts themselves.

We have seen this in the torch being turned on/off in the Ghost Hunters series but it is difficult to know if this is an aspect of the show which is manipulated to produce more drama or not.

Yes, I am positive they exist. What we need is a foolproof communication method.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

So if you do come across something that is strong enough to trigger a harder to manipulate device,
be careful because whatever it is, it is most likely not a simple "ghost".

Good point. I have experience with things that had the energy to move physical objects around and I can testify to that statement.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I don't believe in ghost. At least not in the traditional sense. I do believe in the possibility of multiple dimensions, and I think what we see is related to our ability, or lack of ability, to view things within a specific visual or light spectrum.

I have had glimpses of images that were perceptible for only a brief moment, that I lost sight of when I moved my head past a certain angle, or moved just a hairs length in any direction. Some of the images may have been my brain trying to make sense of something it didn't readily recognize or maybe, it is possible that the light changed just a tiny bit of enough, for me to see that which under normal situations would have gone unperceived.

I have to be honest and confess that my vision is a bit off anyway. I was born with what was diagnosed as under developed rods and cones. I don't have the ability to see past visual obstacles, like screens or panes of glass. I can see through them, but where most people can see through them without seeing the screen or the glass, my eyes won't make that jump. I also see better in low light then in bright light,and my eyes adjust a bit more quickly to the dark than most people. I have a really funky visual field pattern. My peripheral vision is distorted. I embarrass myself, several times a day by walking into things that are clearly visible to the average person, and giving a wider berth than commonly needed to other obstacles. Thank goodness my family, friends and most of my coworkers, are aware of my affliction, and I don't have to constantly apologize and make the declaration that I am not drunk. Only about 4 or 5 times a day do I have to do my shout outs, " I'm fine!" I didn't break anything, me included!" "Just remember in a couple of days, so you won't worry about all those black and blue patches all over me." "I am not being beat up for my lunch money."

My only problem with the multiple dimension theory is how we manage the space time problem. How we manage being in the same space but just maybe a vibrational hair, time length, apart. We surely would have to be doing more then time slipping on occasion. It would seem to me there would be some really serious and frequent crashes going on. But I really don't know enough about it to make an intelligent argument about it. I just think a device that would allow communication across dimensions, if they exist, would maybe produce better results. I only say this because, your target area would involve, perhaps a larger range. Instead of just trying to get a response from dead people that didn't pass on to a heavenly plane, you could perhaps get a response from any species that would be attracted to the device and touch it.

Just my crazy way of thinking. My brain is always in neutral. Gears just a spinning. At least until I put on the brakes and decide to gear up.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I agree that we dont want to aggrevate any situation, but since the 'ghost hunters' are there anyway doing their investigation, there seems little point in being nervous about the particular devices used. An electronic K2 meter is just as likely to cause a violent ghost to start being violent and after all, the K2 meter can be used to record the same yes/no responses if necessary with the LEDS being lit for yes or not for no.

If it is going to use its energy to move things violently, then a simple device which records yes/no answers is not really going to tip the ghost over the edge. The ghost is more likely to be angered over the ghost hunters being there in its space than the devices they bring with them and it will decide to interact or not.

As with all these things intent and attitude is paramount. It seems that other dimensional beings can probably tap into our minds chatter if they want to and many violent entities appear to feed off of fear.
edit on 11 Oct 2014 by qmantoo because: typo

top topics

join