It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola, Ebola, Ebola, Ebola!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Anyone else here bothered by the mass spam of Ebola threads?

At first there were maybe 1 or 2 per day, but now that number is way higher! It seems that now with word of ebola going viral, and the first man to be diagnosed with it in the US, the amount of reports in the media have sky rocketed.

I guess I'm the type who likes to have more variety in the content and news they see

So anyone else here bothered and or have something to say?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Current events are not spam.
edit on 10-10-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

I am personally quite concerned about it all. I haven't heard from my Nigerian princess since I sent her some money, I hope she's ok.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Who turned off the lights?

Oh wait, just a media blackout. Nevermind.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If I want a variety of news that consists of things that are not currently affecting the world... I'll get my cable connected again. As it stands, where else can you get such up to date information about something this life threatening all in one place??

Maybe it won't spread. Maybe it won't become a pandemic. Maybe by next week, we will not even hear about it on the MSM anymore because the threat is gone. Who knows? Discussing it though, does not mean that people are being ruled by irrational fear. People want to know what this is, what could happen, etc.

It's been quite a while since we've had an outbreak of something so deadly and capable of killing hundreds of thousands of people, so I think most probably assume it's about time and that makes a lot of folks a wee bit nervous. It's natural I think.

Sure there are repeats and sure some are not entirely factual... Those get 404'd or debunked pretty quickly around here. Saying that, I highly doubt that you can find as much detailed or accurate information, lists of current outbreaks, quarantines, treatments, etc. all in one place and be able to talk about it with others as well.

You have to take the good with the bad. Sometimes it does seem redundant, but that's the price you have to pay to take advantage of the rest of it IMO.

Once Ebola is no longer an issue, it will be something else. That's the way the ATS cookie crumbles.

Of course we have to consider redundant threads complaining about redundant threads as well....

edit on 10/10/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I posted a comment on a thread earlier and it got bumped for being off topic.
I will say it again here cause it is on topic here.

" ATS has been infected with EBOLA, 1 out of 3 threads has it."
edit on 10/10/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You thnk it's bad here? check GLP.

Ebola this Ebola that, I'm not concerned even though I read there is a case in LA. I'll let you guys know if it hits close to home. Until then, be safe yall.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
You can just scroll past them and atick to the non Ebola topics or just stay clear of the sections that its posted in, doesn't really bother me too much honestly because i like too keep up to date with it and the only place i really check for info on Ebola is ATS because along with the info is alot of valuable opinions and facts shared in such threads. Its a big deal roght now and quite a larhe threat to the citizens of earth so naturally people are going to be digging in to it and posting any new info that comes too hand.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Here's what frustrates me about ATS, the sky is falling in the US if most the threads here are to be believed...yet only 1 man has died from ebola so far.

I do say so far, because yeah it may kill a few more.

Wind back 5 years to the swine flu pandemic in America.

265,000 hospitalised with 12,000 dead in the US alone.

I was lurking back then, but the general consensus at ATS was because the government was telling us to take flu vaccines then swine flu was over hyped bs.

Gotta love this place!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

I sent her cousin some money this morning, I haven't heard back yet though.

At the very least, ATS isn't filled with Ferguson threads every day.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
Anyone else here bothered by the mass spam of Ebola threads?

At first there were maybe 1 or 2 per day, but now that number is way higher! It seems that now with word of ebola going viral, and the first man to be diagnosed with it in the US, the amount of reports in the media have sky rocketed.

I guess I'm the type who likes to have more variety in the content and news they see

So anyone else here bothered and or have something to say?

Yeah I will say LMFAO!

You arent happy there are too many threads about ebola so you decide to start another to complain about it

You slay me!!!!

new topics

top topics

join