It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serial Killers/Unsolved Murders Forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Any chance we can get a forum for this? I am a hobby Zodiac researcher and know that Zodiac alone would produce a lot of posts, but with all the serial killers and unsolved murders in the world, I think this would be a great forum to add for content here.

Any chance?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm all for this one!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Me too. I'd visit that forum if ATS had it.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
it sounds like it fits into it's own 'criminology' forum

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
If we called it "Unsolved Mysteries", I'd be all for it.
So many people disappear every year under mysterious circumstances and are never found.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Excellent idea!

There are so many unsolved cases, this would make for an intriguing forum.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I'm down for this idea. I have been researching a lot into the Zodiac Killer and the modern school shooter dilemma due to possible drug causation. I would love to make a thread detailing the parallels between the brain chemistry between serial killers and mass murderers.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I always wondered why there wasn't this forum on ats.
Some of the boards on here seem so random. But this would fit in well.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Sounds great to me. With all the knowledge and expertise at our collective disposal this could really be a force for good.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think its a bad idea. sorry.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
My only reservation is that it would be used to hero worship famous serial killers or lead to endless threads about how the latest mass murder is a hoax concocted by "them," with the usual demands that "they" release all the gruesome details and accusations that the bereaved are paid liars. In other words, no thank you.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hmm....a bit surprised by the ones saying they don't want it. I would think an unsolved murders/serial killer forum would be right up everyone's ally here. It isn't like it would have different rules from the rest of the forum....so why would this one suddenly be a horrible gruesome forum?

I would love to discuss some of the actual research on some of the crimes I am interested in.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think there are perfectly legitimate reasons to start threads about murder mysteries here. The problem is creating a dedicated forum can encourage people to start threads for the wrong reasons. There are other venues here to post well researched threads about unsolved mysteries. I have seen threads about Jack the Ripper and King Tut's curse, for example. The Zodiac Killer and the Black Dahlia could also be explored.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm all for it.
If treated responsably, such a forum could even be a place for qualified people to find information, and progress the research. it has happened before, and hey, when it comes to missing people, any help is appreciated i would think

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

I feel the same about it. With the number of people here who entertain oddball theories and think outside the box I think there is a decent chance that a forum like this could actually help solve some unsolved murders. I am a member on one place that is solely for Zodiac and the amount of info turned up by amateur investigators is quite astounding.

top topics

join