It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Scare: Boone, North Carolina, Latest Updates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
A person's being monitored in North Carolina.

The Appalachian Regional Healthcare System (ARHS) in Boone is currently monitoring a patient at one of their facilities using Ebola protocols. On Thursday, an individual was sick with a fever in the care of their health system and had recently traveled to a foreign country.

Yes this is just a possibility however there's probably more infected individuals than we know and with air travel not stopping from hot countries it's a wonder they can keep a lid on it.

Boone Patient Monitored For Ebola

In other news a Nigerian woman who showed signs of the disease in Taiwan has tested negative, or so they say.

Taiwan Test Negative

Latest news claims he "has no evidence of Ebola".

Latest Update
edit on 9-10-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Oh lord, I can't wait to hear about every single time someone sneezes in a hospital for the next however many months this goes on for.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Nice.... I could spit and hit Boone NC from my house.

It just gets better and better. Hopefully it's nothing but overreaction. I would rather have that than under reaction at his point.
edit on 10/9/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: clenz

To be honest I'm not panicking but I know it'll spread. And if Ebola doesn't do us in another virus will.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hopefully, they just have a bad cold or something normal.

It is so much in the public sphere right now that, even if they feel the risk is low, they are taking precautions. I personally would rather they did than not so they don't end up like Dallas. Caution is a strong virtue at this point. It sounds like the individual self-reported their recent travel, which is good news.

I pointed out on a similar thread that these reports will crop up more frequently due to people's protocols kicking in and the reality that there is a potential threat/disaster that might land in their lap if they ignore their education.

I sincerely hope its just that!

peace,
AB

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

It just gets better and better. Hopefully it's nothing but overreaction. I would rather have that than under reaction at his point.

Or you could just say "I live in boone"

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mattsawaufo

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Or you could just say "I live in boone"

I could say that if I did... But I do not. Hence... Spitting distance.

Thanks for the help though.

edit on 10/9/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mattsawaufo

That or this person lives very close to it. I can spit from my house and hit the next town over but that's because it's super close lol.

Beat me to it, edit.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Great ... Just great! -sigh-

That's half of my planned vacation destinations down the toilet.

I think I'll just stay home this year and consider the plane fare a savings.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hey everybody: Appears the Czech Republic has joined aboard. Why are they reporting it as a fever? I think they have other details too....

Czech Republic's First Possible Case

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Think of the cost of all this foo Farrah to date.......
Now think how many many times greater it will get with every thousand more patients......
Meanwhile the rest of the world is panicking at every sniffle.....how much will that tax the already over worked health system?
Africans are surely in great danger if they are living in afflicted areas...but the rest of us Meh ....just playing silly buggers....
But the costs will escalate rapidly the longer this persists......we have a fragile economy as it is.....
Just sayin tyhis has the potential to screw the petro dollar as well as every other currency of countries affected by the spread....
edit on 9-10-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
We all should not fear Ebola. Especially with the amount of warning we have about this horrible disease. Simply banning travel from and to infected countries will not solve the problem. If you want information use government websites such as NIH and CDC. There's a lot of disinformation on the web meant to cause panic.

The CDC warned the world that Ebola cases are growing at an exponential rate a long time ago. That means that at the end of this month, from today there will be around 4 times as many cases so on and so forth. By January that's 10^6 infections and a handful of mutations making the disease harder to fight. You shouldn't worry that the disease is in America. You should worry that people out of ignorance want it to gain strength where it is because the truth is inevitably it will travel.

Those countries don't have the resources or facilities to fight it. That's why we all should write our state representatives to send more military, medical, and support for research purposes to stop the disease's progression. It's the humanitarian to do. Don't let the news sway you to think taxpayer dollars are more effective on cruise missiles that have killed more civilians than ISIS. Writing a letter is easy and takes the same amount of time for to tweet about how scared you are or how this was planned.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Since we know that ebola has touchdown in the US, we should be finding ways to use herbs as teas and creams to physically prepare our bodies for this life threatening virus. A very good immune system is our last defense.
edit on 10-10-2014 by bumjuicer101 because: Because I asked your mom

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bumjuicer101

We honestly should've done things like this before. Preparation ensures that one will be prepared when it happens. Preparing during an event isn't good imo.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Yes you're are right, the government should have been prepared years in advance to tackle plague like diseases. But every individual can still start using herbs that kills the ebola virus and use it as a lotion to prevent physical infection and drink it to boost our immune system and thus possibly killing the ebola virus before it can replicate in the body.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Aint this great, in my home state!!
Ugh

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Updated: from OP's source, patient does NOT have Ebola

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I'm actually from Boone NC and this scared the hell outta me. we have Samaritans Purse here that send Christian missionaries abroad. It all made sense and I was very concerned last night.

BUT doctors claimed that the symptoms are not consistent with Ebola. Believe me you don't want Appalacian Medical in Boone to handle Ebola. they misdiagnosed my aunt for Lupus for 8 years

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Nice! I'm from Boone. The guy that had the fever is from Samaritans Purse which is about a min from my house

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

I updated the OP last night with that news.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join