It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Court blocks Texas Voter ID law: Calling it a "Poll Tax"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Unless you go to another district and vote, which is possible even if you are not listed on the voter rolls.

A driver's license can only have one address on it. If she shows photo ID and the address does not match up it can be flagged for follow up.

Aside from the issue of her committing election fraud, not to mention the violation of state laws in fraudulently obtaining a drivers license with the intent to defraud the people of the state by voting more than once.

I think ID should be required in order to vote. With that stated, I think the states should be required to issue free ID cards so they cant use the disenfranchisement argument.

The Feds dont want people to show ID to vote but you have to show ID in order to enter a federal building...

Illegal immigrants = undocumented Democrats.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: muse7

11+ million illegal aliens (plus the 100,000 new ones) get to vote without any problem.

This country is messed up.

To register to vote in Texas you must provide EITHER a Drivers License number OR your Social Security Number to validate you are a US Citizen before you are issued a Voter Registration Card.

How in that scenario are 11 Million Illegal Aliens voting?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Unless you go to another district and vote, which is possible even if you are not listed on the voter rolls.

How? Been voting my whole life...never seen them not look up and check name and address and cross it off...and I have seen people turned away for not being on the voter rolls for whatever reason.

A driver's license can only have one address on it. If she shows photo ID and the address does not match up it can be flagged for follow up.

Yep...and? If someone shows up and they are not on the voter rolls, they don't vote? Or in some cases they cast one of those temporary ballots until they can come back and prove their residency.

I think ID should be required in order to vote. With that stated, I think the states should be required to issue free ID cards so they cant use the disenfranchisement argument.

Here is the issue with that..Ohio Republicans floated a plan for something like that maybe 8 years ago...the bill included allotting something like 6 DMV offices that would issue the free voter ID cards...all of them located 50 to 100 miles outside of Detroit and only issuing the cards between the hours of noon-3 on Wed.s twice a month.

get how that works?...free voter ID cards...then the fine print. Someone living in downtown Detroit that doesn't own a car and doesn't need to own a car or have a DL...has to cab it 50-100 miles after taking off work for an afternoon to get one of those "free" voter ID cards.

Illegal immigrants = undocumented Democrats.

Save the BS...please provide any evidence that Illegal Immigrants are casting votes?...And effen EVIDENCE..not right wing rags making up nonsense. Save me the trouble of debunking it with 30 seconds of google.
edit on 10-10-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: macman

Very clear, as is "well-regulated militia"? LOL

At the time of the creation of the Constitution ... only white males could vote. Is that what you're advocating?

Can I pour you another cup of angry?

I haven't seen tap-dancing like this since Fred Astaire was alive.

You demand IDs and legislation FOR ID's on some things, but go into convulsions if someone wants ID's that may hurt your ideology.

Why is that?

Are you leftists that afraid of a fair fight?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Very clear, as is "well-regulated militia"? LOL

And here we go with the bastardized Progressive meaning of "well-regulated militia".
I guess that if your false understanding of this was true, the addition of "shall not be infringed" is in direct contradiction with that.
And.....that the Govt had created laws like background checks, which infringed upon that right, right after the Ratification of the Constitution and acceptance of the BoR.

Oh wait....those laws didn't happen until a long time after that.

At the time of the creation of the Constitution ... only white males could vote. Is that what you're advocating?

WOW, you really do love playing the race card as often as you can.

When did I state that??

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It is curious that minorities are able to do anything that white people can do...except get an ID.
Might as well be proactive.

I support free ID cards for all minority citizens of the United States.
and ID's required to vote.
edit on 10-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Bassago

Also, do we have concrete proof that illegals are out there voting?

The proof is there, he was re elected.

If your looking for hard proof you won't find it because they are undocumented.

In other words you have no proof so you do like the people that act like voter fraud is so bad that it throws our elections. You make stuff up.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

From the implied Progressive's statements, minorities not only refuse to get IDs, but they also don't have the ability to get said IDs.

Guess all minorities are by default poor and lazy then.....if using the Progressive supplied logic.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

So the classic " the proof is a Democrat was elected" and who are we kidding, the president is elected by the electoral college, are the undocumented people infiltrating that as well now??

And ya I know you have 0 prove and it just love to use it as a buzz word or phrase.
Same people that say they are out there voting are the same ones that say they are on the run hiding from the gov cause they didn't show up for court.

And if they are voting it's cause some one is paying them and the gop has plenty of money to do the same dirty tricks

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
I wish everyone would take race out of this. Requiring a photo ID in order to vote is an unconstitutional poll tax (unless the ID cards are given for free and are readily available throughout every community across the country).

I also wish people would quit using false equivalents like hunting licenses, gun permits, etc. Nobody asks you for any of that when you go to vote, so those license fees are not a poll tax.

I understand that many of you would love to trim a little fat off the constitution to suit your wants and needs; but there is a process for that as laid out in the Constitution. What we have been seeing across the country is that some states are trying to subvert the Constitutional requirements with voter ID laws. EVERYONE should be clamoring against these draconian attempts to deny people the right to vote. If you do not, then you obviously are not a champion of the US Constitution; despite your every attempt to claim that you are.

Just want to repost this for anyone that didn't see it.
Spot on post on the issue, all the second talk in here but no buddy cares what our constitution says about this issue.

It has also been said here but what voting process are yall used to? When I go vote I have to go and find my name on a log and sign that it is me who is claiming to be me. I can not then go to another voting place and just stroll in and vote! So how could undocumented people go around voting everywhere? Just hope the name they choose is on the list and hasn't voted yet??

And would also love to see some proof, outside of barry is in office, that undocumented people are voting.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The amazing thing is... some people think the only reason Obama was elected is that there were so many illegal immigrants who voted for him! LOL

And would also love to see some proof, outside of barry is in office, that undocumented people are voting.

There is no proof. This is all manufactured scenarios. People's imaginations are what drives the whole "Voter ID" frenzy. There's NOTHING to back it up...

Hey, I support free IDs for everyone, too, as long as it doesn't COST anything to get it. If someone has to drive even 10 miles and wait in line, missing a day of work in the process, it's NOT free!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Seems like a non issue. You have to prove your are a resident for a certain amount of time and a special voter ID for a person who has no ID (really? in this society) is free.

How do you prove you are a resident of Texas to be able to vote.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: badgerprints

From the implied Progressive's statements, minorities not only refuse to get IDs, but they also don't have the ability to get said IDs.

Guess all minorities are by default poor and lazy then.....if using the Progressive supplied logic.

I've found progressive logic to be mixed depending upon the subject of discussion. To be fair, conservative logic is as well.

I'm simply going with the judges ruling that having an ID is a burden to a minority.
Free ID cards for minority.....as a matter of fact, free ID cards for ALL US CITIZENS and all voters required to show ID.

Fairness all around and no political logic necessary. Just common sense and fair voting.

Yay!
Next issue?
edit on 10-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
How do you prove you are a resident of Texas to be able to vote.

This is what is needed to REGISTER:

All voters who registered to vote in Texas must provide a Texas driver's license number or personal identification number issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety or the last four digits of your social security number. If you have not been issued any of these numbers, then you must state that fact on the application by checking the designated box.

What if I don't have a driver's license, personal identification number, OR a social security number? Can I still register to vote in Texas?

A voter who has not been issued a driver’s license or social security number may register to vote, but such voter must submit proof of identification when presenting himself/herself for voting or with his/her mail-in ballots, if voting by mail. These voters’ names are flagged on the official voter registration list with the annotation of “ID.” The “ID” notation instructs the poll worker to request a proper form of identification from these voters when they present themselves for voting, unless they are a voter with a permanent exemption on the voter registration certificate. The voter must present one of the seven (7) acceptable forms of identification:

Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
United States passport

Texas Voter Registration

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints
Free ID cards for minority.....as a matter of fact, free ID cards for ALL US CITIZENS and all voters required to show ID.

How does a person go about GETTING one of these "Free" ID cards?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Can I pour you another cup of angry?

I haven't seen tap-dancing like this since Fred Astaire was alive.

You demand IDs and legislation FOR ID's on some things, but go into convulsions if someone wants ID's that may hurt your ideology.

Why is that?

Are you leftists that afraid of a fair fight?

Who's angry? Someone's angry because they point out the inaccuracy or inconsistency of your position?

And what tap-dancing? I addressed your question directly and fully.

You, however, in typical fashion, have done diddly squat to substantiate your position, have tried to obfuscate the facts of the matter by what you consider to be your charm, and outright lie when it comes to "my position."

I stated above that I'm fine with Voter IDs as long as the playing field is level.

As to "fairness," oh please, the essence of your argument is inequitability. Republicans have openly gerrymandered districts, changed voting requirements (not just IDs) with no information to the general public, and anything else to prevent the true democratic will of the people from being expressed ...

... and then tried to blame Democrats.

As to being a leftist, compared with you and your ilk, ... guilty. So what, let's say I'm a lefty and you're a tighty-righty wingnut?

Does that clear anything up?

No?

LOL.

edit on 15Fri, 10 Oct 2014 15:54:07 -050014p0320141066 by Gryphon66 because: Formatting.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

I challenge you to make one response without tossing the phrases "Progressives" and "race card" into the mix.

You brought up the 2nd Amendment. For 200 years of American history, the fact remains that the 2nd Amendment applied to preparedness to serve in the militia, you know it, I know it and the NRA knows it. It's not really germane here, of course, but blather on.

You brought up whether the Constitution states anything about "Free Voter IDs" ... a scurrilous and silly comparison. However, given that, I made the point that the men who Framed the Constitution also lived in a world where Women and Blacks could not vote. Are you saying that statement is inaccurate? Or just trying to muddy the water with the ubiquitous "race card."

My money is on the latter, frankly.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: badgerprints

How does a person go about GETTING one of these "Free" ID cards?

Go to any DPS office, go to a mobile Voter ID location, go to local community centers when Voter ID's are being processed, check with churches for times when they provide free transportation to these locations (a lot of small churches here in Dallas / Ft. Worth join together for events like this), and there are many more opportunities for the disenfranchised to get their "FREE VOTER ID for TEXAS!!" Yes, I said FREE!!!

If you can prove you are eligible for Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP (food stamps), disability, or any other services, then you already have all the information required to get a FREE Voter ID.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I challenge you to make one response without tossing the phrases "Progressives" and "race card" into the mix.

Progressive Progressive Progressive.

You use the race card any chance you get.

Okay, guess I failed your challenge. Boo hoo I suppose.

You brought up the 2nd Amendment. For 200 years of American history, the fact remains that the 2nd Amendment applied to preparedness to serve in the militia, you know it, I know it and the NRA knows it. It's not really germane here, of course, but blather on.

And seeing as that we are ALL in the Militia, governed by the State the citizen resides in, NOT the Federal Govt, the Federal Govt has violated the 2nd Amendment.
And the defining term of well regulated is applicable to the Militia's ability to train and fight, basically does you no justice in your Progressive misunderstanding of a law.
And I guess you can't provide the reasoning of the statement "Shall not be infringed"...
Oh well, can't have an accurate answer from any Progressive now days.

You brought up whether the Constitution states anything about "Free Voter IDs" ... a scurrilous and silly comparison. However, given that, I made the point that the men who Framed the Constitution also lived in a world where Women and Blacks could not vote. Are you saying that statement is inaccurate? Or just trying to muddy the water with the ubiquitous "race card."

My money is on the latter, frankly.

Does it or does it not state free voter cards in the created laws regarding voting??

When did I state at any point, that I wished to go back to the law only allowing White Land Owners to vote? Please provide this.

Here is a hint on its location. Right next to where it states that the right to bear arms is only for Militia.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yes, it is going to discriminate against minorities. Those being the minority of citizens without a government issued ID. Those being the illegal aliens who are undocumented and cannot obtain a government issued ID. Way to pull the race card though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join