It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Court blocks Texas Voter ID law: Calling it a "Poll Tax"

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

I called it earlier on this page with a post to you. What you missed was that Justice Scalia had the "honor" of determining whether or not the ruling would be reviewed by Scotus. Texas fell under his district, so it was his call alone.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

You don't seem to get it, that only verifies that a real person who is eligible to vote's information is on the forms, that does NOT verify that the person registering OR that the person voting in that person's name is eligible to vote.

www.examiner.com...

Also, there is crap like the above.

Jaden

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: Flatfish

I called it earlier on this page with a post to you. What you missed was that Justice Scalia had the "honor" of determining whether or not the ruling would be reviewed by Scotus. Texas fell under his district, so it was his call alone.

And unfortunately, you would have been right as well.

On the other hand, I have to say that nowadays, I am more often disappointed by the rulings of our current SCOTUS than I am reassured. But then, I really shouldn't expect anything less coming from the same court that struck down the Voting Rights Act.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Yeah ok, you can quote what's on the books and I'm telling you that I have NEVER showed ANY type of id to register to vote, and I vote EVERY election.

So you're full of #.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

Yeah ok, you can quote what's on the books and I'm telling you that I have NEVER showed ANY type of id to register to vote, and I vote EVERY election.

So you're full of #.

Jaden

You provided your SS and or DL number to register to vote. Plus verified your address. And what I "quoted" was the CA registers office outlining precisely how and what is required to register to vote. Give them a call and explain to them you think they are "full of Sh*&".

Sorry reality frustrates you.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

So you're full of #.

Jaden

When you obtained your driver's license its possible you were automatically registered to vote. I know the DMV in my state does that.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

So you're full of #.

Jaden

You provided your SS and or DL number to register to vote. Plus verified your address. And what I "quoted" was the CA registers office outlining precisely how and what is required to register to vote. Give them a call and explain to them you think they are "full of Sh*&".

Sorry reality frustrates you.

LOL...You are going by what the STATE tells you is SUPPOSED to happen, I am going by what I actually did... hmmmm??? I wonder which one of those is a more trustworthy source...

Jaden

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

So you're full of #.

Jaden

When you obtained your driver's license its possible you were automatically registered to vote. I know the DMV in my state does that.

Nope, try to come up with some other excuse. I was NOT registered to vote until I filled out the form long after I had gone to the DMV and registered my current address, renewed my license etc...

You can't win here. The only way to know that the person is voting is legally capable of voting is to KNOW who the person is that is voting. The only way to do that in modern society is to require a state issued ID to verify they are who they claim to be.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So what they're saying is that all you have to do is give out the IDs for free, and then it's not that big of a deal? I'll take that deal.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Well for starters its not an excuse.
Secondly as I stated in the post that is what occurs in my state as well as other states. Texas does in fact use the DMV for voter registration -Texas DMV Voter Registration.

Third there is nothing to win since its a discussion.

Fourth its not hard to obtain an illegal ID that can fool state officials. You also ignore the fact some states, like Florida, doll out ID's to non Florida residents like its going out of style.

You need to chill on the accusations.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join