It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC hospitals sending actors with mock ebola symptoms into hospitals.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
source

NEW YORK — Public hospitals in New York City are so concerned about Ebola, they've secretly been sending actors with mock symptoms into emergency rooms to test how well the triage staffs identify and isolate possible cases.

also interesting (albeit already posted) info from the same article

National Nurses United, representing about 185,000 nurses nationwide, has been surveying its union members an dfound that many don't feel nurses are getting enough training to properly handle Ebola, union spokesman Charles Idelson said. Many said they didn't know whether their hospital had protective gear, he said. "It's not enough to post a link to the Centers for Disease Control on the hospital's website," he added.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

NEW YORK — Public hospitals in New York City are so concerned about Ebola--

They better be.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I suspected this might happen to test protocols.

From what I understand, this is SOP. And a good thing in identifying gaps (and carelessness) to see where more education is needed.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This is going to end up like the Boston bombing thing...

God I'm glad that I don't live in America......

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So now they will be thinking a real Ebola patient might be an actor. I can see this going all wrong.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I've been under the impression that this Ebola scare was fugazi.

Every year there seems to be another killer virus that will wipe out humanity. No one near me has died from SARS, h1n1, west nile, avian, etc.

I miss the days when people were fixated over American idol.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Looks like they are cooperating with the hospitals and not taking them by surprise. Not a bad time to be preparing. Certain people just freak out too early with just a mention of the word.

edit on 9-10-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
NYC is fooling itself. Ebola would spread there very quickly. The subways, buses, dirty facilities, restaurants, stigma against medicine and no, the health system there would not be able to handle it.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Did Robbie Parker audition for one of these roles?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
NYC is a great big dirty ass city. As someone on ATS pointed out in another thread, the homeless there are enough to spread it like wildfire.

People forget that Doomberg let about 7K of mental illness people out in the public after closing down their facilities, and a great many of them are off meds and living in the subways. That 7K cluster of nutjobs could do it easy, since they are throwing people off platforms and even raping folks of both genders down below.

It would breakout in Manhattan Island first, then spread around Brooklyn, Queens, on up to Yonkers and round Long Island. Staten Island would probably get it last.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

NEW YORK — Public hospitals in New York City are so concerned about Ebola, they've secretly been sending actors with mock symptoms into emergency rooms to test how well the triage staffs identify and isolate possible cases.

So with all the hype out there, this is how much faith they
have their triage staffs? In their ability to I.D. a present threat?
And this is supposed to make me feel better?

Fear is a sickness.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
There are drills going on in the Detroit area now too. They're going from Metro Airport to Oakwood Annapolis with quarantine procedures for patients that arrive from international locations. Secondary location of Oakwood Heritage.

Oakwood Hospital does drills pretty regularly. In the past they've done nuclear disaster drills, chemical spills, other biological incidents, etc... So not sure if this is related, or just happenstance. I'm sure these drills take a few months to get everything in place.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I wonder if they use the same crisis actors that they did for 911 and Sandy Hook?

The hospitals are already trained in identifying someone with a fever or ailment.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

One of my favorite scenes in one of my favorite movies. That movie is layered.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Exactly. NYC is filthy. There's subway stations where you can literally smell urine and feces not to mention see it. The bathrooms are all dirty. There's rats, garbage everywhere. People don't wash their hands (and if they do the germs go right back on in seconds).

Not a good situation at all and I believe NYC's medical system would be overburdened if it did break out there

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I hope they don't send Keanu Reeves.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

I grew up back and forth between NY/NH and I know many people from NH who have died of West Nile as well as EEE.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Chewingonmushrooms

Brutally layered.

new topics

top topics

join