It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #11: The Overly Aggressive Hammond, Indiana Police Department

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
As far as I know, if you commit a traffic violation, aka *break the law* than you are obligated to show id. Me thinks they went wild and the police did what they had to do to get them out of the car. Now a stop for no reason sure the police would be in the wrong.
Fire

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FirePiston

The driver did provide necessary ID to the police, as has been mentioned several times.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The video of the incident was posted in this thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap

The video of the incident was posted in this thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Things are already heated in this video right from the start. I wanna know what got it to that point. I am guessing they were given multiple chances, refused, then when the officers started threatening and surrounded the car, the video started recording. I will wait for the dash cam video instead of jump to conclusions.

I am guessing, things were fine, the officer asked for her license, and she pulled the "I ain't did nothin", then further declined to cooperate. Did you see the video, *She axe da man* Yes upstanding fine students of society.

Maybe they could have given her another chance but when you realize "who" 90% of the people are that shoot at them, who they chase etc, you would see why they are itchy when they pull over *who*. Behavior as far as the police is learned through experience, not taught. And the vast majority of their bad experiences involve *who*.
Fire
edit on 13-10-2014 by FirePiston because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FirePiston
*She axe da man* Yes upstanding fine students of society.

Oh. So urban colloquialisms are an immediate indicator of one's character?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Dear SkepticOverlord,

What people are refusing to accept or acknowledge is that I have always agreed they didn't have to. Everybody square with that? Got it?

What is not, apparently, being accepted or acknowledged is the point that even though they didn't have to (clear now?), they were acting within the law when they did it.

Have we come to an understanding?

Would somebody say "Yes, we agree. Bad judgment but not illegal?"

I honestly don't believe I'm trolling. I'm attempting to bring serious, legal, information to a discussion whose members seem anxious to put the officers in jail or kill them, apparently thinking they've done something illegal. Isn't that fulfilling the motto of ATS?

With respect,
Charles1952

The problem is that it is the government (Who the police are truly here to protect) who are making the laws. We all know the government are bad people. And the police are their bully boy body guards and enforcers. So when politicians write laws to allow the police to behave this way, and avoid justice or punishment for their actions I don't acknowledge those laws because I know as a living human being what is right and wrong. The public have the natural right to defend themselves against all harm from anybody no matter what costume they wear or name tag they show off.

That is why the majority of people here want to see those cops hung drawn and quartered. Because despite bull# laws these cops are bent and dangerous and their actions deserve punishment. Just because something is legal, doesn't mean it's right.

You might be comfortable up on your high horse stating how "legal" those cop's actions were but the rest of us are talking about blatant unacceptable assault perpetrated by the police which should see them put behind bars. If it was up to me the people would have a free pass to batter those cops just as they do to their victims.

Most of the law is not written to protect you and one day the line will be crossed and enough people will stand up and take back their freedom.

While you're sitting at home watching because you think unlicensed protests are not "within the law"

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This whole subject to me is like a double edged sword. The police have their hands full. Everyday they go to work could be their last day on earth. The amount and frequency of crimes is on the rise. Yes there are over zealous officers out there, but what would you do if you were in their shoes?

The other problem is too many young people are being raised by the streets. The parents either don't care or you have a single parent who has their hands full. Back when I grew up there was usually one parent at home with the kids, now both parents work and kids have to fend for themselves. If I had someone trying to bull rush me, or start firing live ammo, my first reaction would be to protect myself and sometimes in the heat of battle your decisions aren't always what they should be.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: onequestion

Dear onequestion,

It wasn't because they felt like it, they were arresting a man who was committing a Class B misdemeanor (Penalty - up to 6 months) in front of their eyes.

With respect,
Charles1952

Are you a real person? Is that a real law? You can get 6 months for not wearing a seatbelt, or not showing your ID? Which is it?

Either way, total BS. They could've also said "Look he's reaching for a gun!" then bang shoot him in the face and still be within the law because they perceived a threat. That's actually just about as likely to happen as what actually did. The far-fetched series of events would be that they politely let them go realizing they were going to visit an ailing relative not long for this world.

Stop letting these scumbags get away with being assholes because "ITS WITHIN THE LAW" they can misconstrue that # to mean nearly anything and on the off chance they get caught out red handed it doesn't matter they wont be prosecuted anyways. Their has been situations where cops were found to have committed MURDER and where transferred while the family of the victim was paid off in a lawsuit.

Being a cop is the only way you can be found to be guilty (wasnt taken to a jury of course, cant have that when he's obviously gonna go down) of murder, in an actual investigation by law enforcement, and instead of going to prison you just have to move to a new town and work for a different division. If that is not irrefutable proof that our justice system needs to be rebuilt from the ground up i dont know what is. This situation, imo, has officially gotten out of hand. I hope there's some way it can be straightened out but i dont see it. No one wants it to be fixed. The only ones who do are a minority that is drowned out by the corporate interests of the prison industrial complex and the army of the "They're just doing their jobs" lemmings.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What is the mindset of people who think they are bad asses? There's the problem. All I seen there was a bunch of fat bastards who think they are bad asses. I guess you can be a bad ass too if they gave you an APC and a assault rifle.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Power corrupts and ultimate power corrupts ultimately - George Orwell

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You couldn't pay me enough to be an officer and babysit the current population in this poophole we call a country.

I've watched the video several times. Where is the police arrogance? Where are the bullies? I don't see it, at all. They were civil, gave him a lawful command a few times, he refused. And they were within the law. Should we just let everyone go now who is a passenger and breaks basic traffic laws? "Oh, no proper ID? No problem, sir. I'll just rip this seat belt violation right up". And are you joking? Suggesting people kill the cops earned that many stars? What disgusting advice and a total misrepresentation of what happened, legally, in this situation.

This website is way more liberally extreme than I gave it credit for.

The woman CLEARLY says that they pulled their guns out when he reached in his bookbag. Are you kidding me? You find fault in this? I don't know any cop that wouldn't be on guard in this situation. If you've ever dug around for something in a traffic stop, you know they watch your hands and posture like a hawk. How do they know he's not lying about trying to find identification in his bookbag? If you don't have proper ID, nothing else you have is going to cut it anyway, so his effort was wasted and futile.

People lie and do crazy chit with the police all the time. Yeah, just let 'em go. Who cares if they might have actually been criminals.

P.S. I live in Indiana. I've been pulled over for all sorts of stuff from seat belt to speeding, through-out my life. I've always been polite and conversational, always carry proper ID, and never had an issue, and always got warnings for the bad stuff. Being civil does work, even with the hardbutts. If I'm honest, I can say I've had more run-ins with good cops than bad-attitude cops, and I'm not buying this current rhetoric that cops are all largely sociopaths, racists, and bullies. Sounds like more NLBS (Next Liberal BS).

"I'm scared for my children and my life!!" - Well, tell your BF to step out and not put your children through a traumatic event unnecessarily. But, I digress. The legal vultures swooped in for the out-of-court settlement and publicity. All is well in 'Merica.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join