It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nofx the decline, somewhere between music and ats.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Not my vid so no credit taken.

Its kind of long but thee song that makes me think evey time.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Love nofx

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I like NOFX alright, but some of their views... they're typically-liberal, if you know what I'm saying. I just want to break completely away from the two-party politics, not more of this left-vs-right crap.

That, and they're blatantly prejudice against Christians. I consider myself an atheist, but not all Christians are the fat, dumb, trigger happy lunatics they make them out to be. It's just as nauseating to me to hear somebody talking from an extremely religious point of view as it does to hear somebody speak their extremely anti-religious point of view. There's a difference between being non-religious and being anti-religious... and denying somebody else's right to worship and believe what they want is a blatant attack on personal freedom, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Fair points all round but given the bands that talk about this kind of thing they have to b e the best of a bad bunch

a reply to: Aldakoopa

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yeah that's why I stopped listening to them years ago. NOFX seem to be pandering to the young folk too much. Seeing Fat Mike and the Not My President shirt over and over again just shows he can't or won't realize the left is just as bad.

As for "punk" I usually prefer Atrocious Madness, Conflict, Cress, Dropdead, Aus Rotten, Gai, Cetascean, Discharge, Magrudergrind, Triac and on and on. Usually I prefer bands that promote complete unity regardless of who a person is and what they believe in. Or ones that try to make people aware of the problems in the world.

Punk can be problematic due to the negative images surrounding it. Like crust, d-beat, it's usually warlike, apocalyptic black and white images on the covers and many are turned off by it along with the screaming. It's often misconstrued as being deconstructive when in the long run it's constructive, if they don't focus on alcohol and "rioting".

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Yeah that's why I stopped listening to them years ago. NOFX seem to be pandering to the young folk too much. Seeing Fat Mike and the Not My President shirt over and over again just shows he can't or won't realize the left is just as bad.

As for "punk" I usually prefer Atrocious Madness, Conflict, Cress, Dropdead, Aus Rotten, Gai, Cetascean, Discharge, Magrudergrind, Triac and on and on. Usually I prefer bands that promote complete unity regardless of who a person is and what they believe in. Or ones that try to make people aware of the problems in the world.

Punk can be problematic due to the negative images surrounding it. Like crust, d-beat, it's usually warlike, apocalyptic black and white images on the covers and many are turned off by it along with the screaming. It's often misconstrued as being deconstructive when in the long run it's constructive, if they don't focus on alcohol and "rioting".
I

I enjoy all your commentsbut feel i may be a little old for all that. while I'm being old have a bang on this

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I agree with Doom, we're all the same.

Doom-Same Mind

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
"Murder the government . . . and then, do it again!"

My 16 year old self still loves NOFX, my 26 year old self realizes that, hey, I'm not that angry anymore . . .

top topics

join