It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the best Item of clothing you have ever had.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have a moto jacket that I bought in the 90's from Structure (anyone remember that brand?)...I outgrew it years ago but still have it.

Really, I replied to say, that Swedish arctic parka is sweet. I need one

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

The one I wore at my wedding whilst the eye of god was right outside my spacecraft.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 9ArchaBallet9

Oh?

i didn't realize just how important that day was to you?

I guess that's what all this suffering till that moment was for... Should'eve never stopped to gaze at a rock!

or should you have....

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: metalholic

Don't you go Piccadilly on me and my rocks. Besides Venus was what you called me!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 9ArchaBallet9

I'll have what she's smoking.

-----

Man I have so many favorites. If I had to pick one it would be my Carharrt jacket. I've had it around ten years. It has suffered a ton of abuse and despite the fading from washing it has held up amazingly well.

Everything I've had from North Face (boots/shoes/too many jackets/slippers/gloves) have all been awesome and so has the customer service when I wind up mangling something. I expect to pay to have it repaired but never have and they repair/ship super fast when you drop off clothing at the store.

Fleece lined Adidas pants man. Insanely comfortable. I know it's kinda weird but I used to always sleep in jeans (I had dedicated pajama jeans) until I found these things.

I keep meaning to start a thread asking members about favorite companies/products/stuff that lasts. I think I will, you've inspired me.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I've got a heavy tweed coat that I picked up at resale shop over 20 years ago. It is the best in cold weather.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Howdy sir.. I'm about to fall asleep an stumbled upon this.. I have a 1975 leather jacket that is flippin awesome and I have a 1970s outfit that's pretty radical, my mammy got it for me from ebay and I wore it for Halloween one year .... I think it would be fun to put the whole outfit on and snap a pic..
hehe
Cheers to this thread !! Goodnight good morning and good afternoon !!
-nat

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I got a Starters Niners jacket about 20 years ago for Christmas:

Gortex. Weighs about a pound and I only recall being cold twice. In Canada that's impressive.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
In Canada that's impressive.

More like a miracle.

You deserve a chorus of the Dana Carvey 49'ers song. I'll let you kick it off...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Birkenfreakingstocks. Anyone who has not worn them for at least summer needs a big hug.

I'd never heard of them until a few years ago when discussing bio dynamics with some chap from the US on a forum about highly questionable horticulture when I implied it was a nice hippy-ish thing to do.

He went wild and started ranting on about how he doesn't wear freaking Birkinstocks and hug trees and sh##.

Seeing as I like a good tree hug I went and bought some and have worn them ever since.

One day i'm gonnna get some utterly mental socks (like mega hairy stripy ones) and go do this:

ETA: props for the Dunga's too, I had a couple of pairs I used to go to all nighters and free parties in. One pair were tie dye purple bell bottoms. Seriously, the pils was strong way back when.

Nice coat btw

edit on 10-10-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

They are nice, but they aint Birkinstocks. When I realised that it was impossible to stub my toe in them I nearly lost my marbles and ran down the street nekkid.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Without question my favorite would have to be a viscose black shirt with huge sunflower pattern.

It was given to me by a freind because everytime he wore it on a night out he had the worst hangover ever.

The shirt had magical properties, it was so ridiculous that anyone that wore it became a party animal sex magnet. Over the years we put this to the test by getting shy retiring types to wear it and see what happened and every time it would turn the most uninteresting person into the life and soul of the party.(think about the Jim Carey film the mask)

As is life we all got older and busier and I gave it to a freind for safe keeping. He has put it in a frame and hung it on the wall, He was going to have "In case of emergency please break glass" on the front but never got round to it.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Without question my favorite would have to be a viscose black shirt with huge sunflower pattern.

It was given to me by a freind because everytime he wore it on a night out he had the worst hangover ever.

The shirt had magical properties, it was so ridiculous that anyone that wore it became a party animal sex magnet. Over the years we put this to the test by getting shy retiring types to wear it and see what happened and every time it would turn the most uninteresting person into the life and soul of the party.(think about the Jim Carey film the mask)

As is life we all got older and busier and I gave it to a freind for safe keeping. He has put it in a frame and hung it on the wall, He was going to have "In case of emergency please break glass" on the front but never got round to it.

*Bows down to the Holy Shirt of Party Animal Sex Magnet-ness*

That's some powerful Juju.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Almost forgot to mention...my stepmom's uncle lent me his buckskin coat with fringe, as i did a tallent show where i sang some Zep tunes in high school (i know now fring was Roger Daltrey of the who, my stepmom insisted)

imagine my surprise that christmas when I got the jacket as a gift. It's worn down in places and stinks, but the good leather stink.

I still kick myself for not wearing it to his (the uncle's) funeral

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
there's actually a few. Triple 5 soul used to be my fave clothing line, I had this amazing cozy T5S hoodie and then this 1 T5S sweater I wore all the time. right now I think Ecko Unlmtd. makes the coziest hoodies. Yes....nothing compares to a cozy over sized hoody!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Besides my Stetson I love to wear my Harris tweed sport jacket in the cooler months. If it gets really cold my "goodwill store"
Louis Vuitton cashmere over coat is very comfy. That coat retails for $2800 in a fancy downtown haberdashery. Like new at goodwill, $17 bucks.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
A brown leather bomber style jacket that I bought in 1988.
Still have it. Still use it.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
If by best "favorite" can be included, mine was a button up, dark green and black striped shirt that I bought at a now defunct store called "Uptons", off of a clearance rack, for some insanely low price. I think sixty or seventy cents ( Uptons was known for their policy of aggressively marking down anything on clearance until it sold ).

I loved that shirt and wore it on a regular basis for more than a decade. It never faded nor became thin nor lost buttons nor frayed.

Then, one day, I came across a stranded motoriest - a female ( and I am a sucker for females ) - her battery was dead. So being the fan of attractive women good Samaritan that I am, I drove her to the nearest auto parts store, helped her purchase a battery, and then installed it for her.

Unbeknownst to me, as I was changing the batteries, some of the acid got onto my shirt.

I was heartbroken the next time I did laundry and found my beloved shirt rendered into what could scarcely be called a rag. The acid had eaten the largest portion of it away, leaving only the vague outline of a shirt.

I miss that shirt. And given that it's been a long time - it's probably back in style again which makes the pain twice as bad.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I use to have this pretty white, cotton sweater/jumper. My girl friends use to always want to borrow it. It was like The Sisterhood of the Traveling Sweater.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join