It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth of what is really going on at the Texas-Mexico border is frightening

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If we can't stop the influx of illegals crossing our border, maybe we should make it safer for them.

Set up some kind of transit system to eliminate the coyotes and the fact that they tend to leave people behind to die.

I am not a big fan of illegal immigration but some of the stories are pretty sad.

If we can not stop it we could at least control it. Bus or train to a whole city like complex and get their names, their prospective destinations and maybe throw in some toilet training.

We already have 28000 border agents on staff. They could inquire into the immigrants plans IE housing and employment. Check whether prospective employer knows they are coming and is paying at least min wage w/ taxes.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Exactly, it's not about wanting to keep people out as much as it is about wanting people who understand and respect the law enough to follow the process to come here the right way.

People who have that much respect for our ways are going to be the ones who will go out of their way to adopt our systems and ways of doing things and go our of their way to fit in here and become one of us in addition to whatever they used to be.

I don't need people who come here to make us hand them everything so they can be what they were only with big screen TVs and cell phones.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

And then a ticket home along with instructions on how to follow the laws to do it right the next time.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn Texas? You mean the state with a private prison system with guaranteed occupancy by the state? hmmm...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vaedur
a reply to: retiredTxn Texas? You mean the state with a private prison system with guaranteed occupancy by the state? hmmm...

Did you mean Texas, where most private prisons are run by the feds, and then others are either empty or ran by grants from the feds to try different approaches to pre-release? Was that what you are referring to? Which is off topic to the current conversation, might I add.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
Scary but ISIS can send operatives to get infected with ebola then send them to bordering cities in Mexico to try to infect as much people as possible. They would not even have to deal with our security. With our porous borders ebola would be walking into the US by the hundreds in no time. How are we going to contain that?

This Is Ignorance at it's Finest!
Why the Hell would the Cartel allow ISIS to Allow that?!

If ISIS were to Ever do that They would Infect United State's Directly. TRUE.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
With what has been published in the media thus far regarding the threat of ISIS at our southern border, I have a very difficult time believing that they would not publicize as much. Capturing ISIS members at the border would be a political and propaganda goldmine, and instead of having to make stuff up to scare people, they could actually tell the truth and scare people. I just do not find it plausible that we would be hearing about this through such means. If they want to escalate the conflict, all they have to do is tell people about the agents captured, and all of the sudden we have been invaded by ISIS and we need to escalate our action. And if ISIS is a government-controlled group, then why would they be infiltrating our country in such a manner to start with?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
When ISIS shoots up Marfa, or beheads someone in Big Lake, give me a call. Otherwise....this is just "statistics" given to you by people that, in another thread, you will say how much you despise and distrust.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I say it's not going to happen. For whatever reason, TPTB have known the borders are our weakest, most vulnerable places, yet have done everything in their power to keep them open while 'pretending' to deal with the issue.

I have a very good idea why, and what is unfolding, but I'd just be accused of fear-mongering if I spelled them out, so feel free to follow the trail of events and draw some conclusions.

Democrats need votes. That's the only reason why.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: YoungPrinceGarivaldi

How would the cartel know until it is too late?

Ignorance is overlooking all possible possibilities and only believing in what "you" think is possible. But for some I guess ignorance is bliss.

edit on 10-10-2014 by joemoe because: Self edit

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Sremmos80
We need a wall and then a moat with flames and fire proof alligators and then another wall.
And then turrets that shoot and kill anyone that's makes it across that!

If you want to live in a prison you need to move to another nation because even if you did these things illegals will still get into this country. I don't want my nation to turn into the largest open air prison on the planet.
The Statue of Liberty
Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

The world and this country used to be completely different, Buster, I assure you. Someone has made a joke of the whole thing, and held her up as the reason why….

It is very sad. A symbol was made of her, and then things beyond the control of the will of the people happened…
But it isn't just about countries, it's about humanity, as a whole. And I fear it's gone beyond what anyone can help or turn back….
tetra50

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: buster2010

Ya shoulda made my sarcasm more clear, I don't really want that.
I agree, as long as we have the statue in the NY bay up, I don't see how so many people can call for the death of the people trying to get a better life without waiting over a year and costing them thousands to do it the 'legal' way.

Sarcasm? I guess I better take my star back then.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The USA Government funded and backed Cartels need to guard that border better.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The Representative's logic is a bit flawed, at best.

"The border was secure enough that we caught 10 ISIS (you sure about that?) fighters at the border, so we need to secure the border"

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
The entire border "crisis" is planned. My co-worker was a Green Beret in the special forces and explained to me that one of his closest friends who works for HomelandSecurity said "Someone" was advertising for people to come to America for over 6 months before this crisis began. Yes, "someone" was ADVERTISING, all over Mexico, Central and South America and then we have a mass exodus, wouldn't you know it.

Along with border patrol agents literally being ordered to "ignore people jumping over the border" on the cameras.

Absolutely absurd. I'm livid just writing this. I'll stop before I blow a gasket

a reply to: lostbook

OR its a planned way for the republicans to gain support by design, since ppl are seeing the left/right paradigm as bs now.
edit on 10-10-2014 by schadenfreude because: improper format

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

That was Colbert right? Give credit where credit is due :p

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn

Illegals will always find a way to get into the U.S., but it would be great if our government would help a little with slowing the tide. I spent 20+ years working in Texas prisons. I dang sure don't want to live in one.

The Statue of Liberty is a beautiful symbol of what America was and always should be, a place for others to come to and seek out their future and fulfill their dreams. I always have and will believe to my dying breath in all She stands for. But, at some point we must be realistic.

We do have a process to enter this country legally. Why do so many want to continue to allow illegal immigrants to violate our laws, when in other instances they are the first to holler "you may not like this or that, but it's the law". We currently have a crisis with the Enterovirus D68 affecting our children across the nation, as well as Ebola popping up in several cities.

Enterovirus D68 is common in Central American countries. Ebola almost always breaks out in western African countries. Do you think we should have monitored all the poor little children and their families, BEFORE they were dispersed across the country? With an open border, that would be impossible. Even with a closed border, it would still be very difficult. What happens if Ebola strikes Central America? What a rush that would be.

For those that want to keep the southern border open, might I suggest you each charter two buses, and have them delivered to your neighborhoods. Or petition the government to draft all able bodied males 17 and over into military service. Train them, and drop them off in Iraq and Syria, and Obama can say we don't have American boots on the ground. If they survive, they go to the front of the line for citizenship. It's a win win for everyone.

Wait, what? Your last paragraph.. Draft all males over 17, or send a bus into our neighborhoods and round them all up.. Then send them all to Syria and Iraq? What on gods earth does making a new Vietnam have to do with immigration? Why would we send troops to Iraq or Syria? Dont tell me you buy into the ISIS nonsense man. Well, guess you gotta be careful in texas, they apparently caught ISIS there and you got the ebola to deal with.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join