It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 historical photos of amazing flying saucer found in Air Force captain’s photo album

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Could well be thrown in the air but, why thrown edge on to the vertical? makes no sense, why not throw in a frisbee fashion

That was gong to be my other comment… is this before frisbees?

They hand't been invented yet. It would be literally impossible for two people to throw a "flattened" object like a hub cap or garbage can lid and have it sail flat across the screen and still get the guy who threw it in the shot pointing at it.

Their aim was to have a real object in the air (which it is, the shading matches) without stringing it up from a pole or tree branch by wire, (their film developing skills were lacking as is obvious in the prints).

Then get the guy in view too, pointing at it (which he does in most of the shots).

Ready set, okay throw it and point!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: smurfy

Could well be thrown in the air but, why thrown edge on to the vertical? makes no sense, why not throw in a frisbee fashion

That was gong to be my other comment… is this before frisbees?

They hand't been invented yet. It would be literally impossible for two people to throw a "flattened" object like a hub cap or garbage can lid and have it sail flat across the screen and still get the guy who threw it in the shot pointing at it.

Their aim was to have a real object in the air (which it is, the shading matches) without stringing it up from a pole or tree branch by wire, (their film developing skills were lacking as is obvious in the prints).

Then get the guy in view too, pointing at it (which he does in most of the shots).

Ready set, okay throw it and point!

Somebody said they knew the exact hub cap. I would like to see it.

The pictures are Polaroids.

In 1962 there was really no reason to do this. For what purpose ?

I was looking at some older disc photos. These deserve at least a look.

The guy had time to point...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

The guy had time to point…

Barely. I thought the capture of both him and the object together lends more to staging.

If you are snapping polaroids at an "unknown" like that you don't care whats in the foreground. Yet he captures pointing dude, how many times?

Contrived.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The guy had time to point…

Barely. I thought the capture of both him and the object together lends more to staging.

If you are snapping polaroids at an "unknown" like that you don't care whats in the foreground. Yet he captures pointing dude, how many times?

Contrived.

Your probably right...

Just been awhile since we have seen daytime discs.

Too good to be true.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I didn't know it was polaroid. Polaroid camera film can be messed with. That one shot looks like it was.

Too bad. Rememebr this one? It was shot in '65, also with a Polaroid. Much more dynamics going on here with ground effects, a weird after effect smoke ring and of course… level flight.

Rex Heflin Photos

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
In 1962 there was really no reason to do this. For what purpose ?

That and the fact that the guy was an Air force Colonel tells me that these photos are most likely genuine.

And I don't mean genuine UFO's BTW, I don't believe there actually is such a thing...

They are fake but they are also real.

That makes them real fakes I suppose...

"The thousands of contacts with the entities indicate that they are liars and put-on artists." ~ John Keel

They are inveterate liars and deceivers, and delight in bamboozling and misleading mankind with all manner of nonsense. They are addicted to the abduction or kidnapping of humans. ~ Gordon Creighton

“They are messengers of deception” ~ Jacques Vallee

originally posted by: The GUT
...the hypothesis that best fits the UFO phenomenon is, imo, that those little stinking, lying buggers ARE demons.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
no idea if hoax or not, but i did a flight simulator at , air zoo,,one of the most advanced full-motion flight simulators in the world, that is available to civilians.
but i was up side down most of the time it was great, just saying if i was flying a ufo it would not be level lol, and maybe the teck you could be in side not even no you were upside down and not feel any g forces, think to note is why would thay test fly a ufo over houses and naibor hood?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

When you say Polaroid assume we are not talking Polaroid Instant Camera as unless the object hung motionless, moved very slowly or made several passes then no way could an instant process the film quick enough. Assuming the object moved at more than a snails pace two of the pics looked to have been taken within seconds.

If we are just talking about Polaroid as a make for film or camera then ignore.

Interesting pics all the same, shame no corroborating reports, if hoaxed then better than many and strange for them to just sit in a photo album.

Would be interesting to know what else is in the same album, or whether they were separate (I can't access the link from where I am at the moment just in case it gives further info).

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Nice photo, put a star.
Though similar to the machine drives to throw into the air, this suggests their slope
But vseravno gratitude to the author, not be offended by my point.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
thanks to the author, the star
Seriously, very similar to the item to throw in the air, UFOs do not usually bend over they have something like a gyroscope.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I have to agree with the real-photo but not UFO theory. They may have just been messing around or it may have even been some more serious attempt to see if they could recreate/explain some other photo of the time.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
Hubcaps or metal discs, thrown.

Have to agree with this.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I hate to say it but its a fake. in the pointing picture look where he is looking , way below the ufo and look where he is pointing below the ufo. I always thought pictures of UFO's that are banking or tilted were fake because since UFO'd never break the sound barrier when they zip away they do not rely on aerodynamic features so no need to dip or bank or whatever. I think I would need to know the name of the air force officer that had these and the original polaroid pics

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join