It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama pastor confesses: I’ve been having sex with church members — and I have AIDS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

The pastor of an Alabama Baptist church has confessed that he knowingly exposed women congregants to HIV by having sex with them while ill with AIDS.

Montgomery’s WSFA Channel 12 reported that now ex-Pastor Juan Demetrius McFarland of the Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church made a series of revelations to the congregation in sermons that have left parishioners shaken, angry and confused.

McFarland has admitted to misuse of church funds, taking illicit drugs and seducing multiple women congregants, all the while knowing that he was suffering from full-blown AIDS.

Oh my God, I know not all Baptist pastors are like Rev. Juan Demetrius McFarland, but it's revelations like this that makes me question the tax exempt status of churches.

The church has obtained legal counsel, said Williams, and are focused on moving the congregation forward and out of this sad passage in its history.

“Our moves are going to come directly from counsel. We want peace and we want to do things right, legally,” Williams told Channel 12. “We are not looking to hurt him. We are looking to get the church back. That’s our theme: Get the church back. We want the church back. That’s it.”

Good luck with that

edit on 9-10-2014 by olaru12 because: ,]oppi-

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
He must still be high. Or, he didn't understand that book he preached every Sunday.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Dam!!

The dark side was strong in him

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
They should charge him with attempted murder.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RayVon

Dam!!

But that's ok....

Even though he new that his actions could be a death sentence for his sex partners....

He can repent and still be welcomed into the promised land. Nice

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: RayVon

Dam!!

But that's ok....

Even though he new that his actions could be a death sentence for his sex partners....

He can repent and still be welcomed into the promised land. Nice

He who keeps his sins secret will not do well; but one who is open about them, and gives them up, will get mercy.

Well thats that then,jobs a good'un Nothing to see here.

Sounds too me that you just about get away with anything when it come's to the church.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Isn't this common practice with church leadership?

Got anything that's out of the ordinary?
edit on 10/9/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

First thought is to the victims....

Second thought if they do not have health insurance will the church donate health care? So say the very least testing for all ladies who may be infected.....

Third thought how dare those in charge of the church first thoughts are to keep the church together when their first thoughts should be to those victimized.... Perhaps one of their announcements should be some kind of fund raisers that the entire church could be involved in to help heal the congregation and all proceeds to go to those infected....

IMHO.....

SnF thanks OP being out of my country I do not receive news like this unless someone like you makes a thread!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It appears his kind of behaviour must be in the Standards Of Procedure for the church because it happens all too often.

The church need to vet their people more, it seems most positions of power are prone to people who want to use it to facilitate their own desires and will lie and deceive to attain it.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

edit on 9-10-2014 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IceHappy

SnF thanks OP being out of my country I do not receive news like this unless someone like you makes a thread!

Thanks for that.....

Usually I get castigated by the mods for pandering to the "lowest common denominator"

I make no apologies for that, I train myself to look for the odd, bizarre and trashy, as a writer and film maker,
who wants to see or read about banal and ordinary stories. The human condition supplies me with an infinite number of subjects that are totally real. To quote an old cliche...."You just can't make this **** up"

I use ATS as an interactive "notebook" where plots, characters, twists and turns, come from the members posts and threads. What an incredible resource.

edit on 9-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
He must still be high. Or, he didn't understand that book he preached every Sunday.

I think he had it pretty much down pat - that book is vile and vulgar to the extreme.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Good point.

a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Another fine example of why all churches and religious organizations should be taxed like any other corporation or scam business. They are in it for themselves as much as anybody.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

What a monster.
Quite the opposite of a spiritual leader...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
In the US, knowingly infecting people with HIV is a grounds for murder charges.

Why the F is this filth not in prison already?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
But, but...the bible doesn't say infecting people with aids is a sin...

Å99

(post by YoungPrinceGarivaldi removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

it's revelations like this that makes me question the tax exempt status of churches.

What on earth does this story have to do with the tax exempt status of churches?

Some pervert (let's not eschew labels, this person is a pervert,) has maneuvered his way into a position of authority in some random church in Alabama, and we suddenly need to discount everything that religion has to offer?

Seriously?

Here's a teacher who sexually abused students: New Jersey Teacher Nicole Dufault Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3 Students. Should we start taxing schools?

Here's an executive of a children's charity convicted of sexual assault: Ex-Kid's Charity CEO Convicted Of Sexual Assault. Should we start taxing kid's charities?

Institutions, like churches, schools or charities, consist of human beings, who are known to do terrible things.

Don't convict the body for the actions of one member.

edit on 10-10-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join