It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Alien life found above Derbyshire proves we're descended from extraterrestrials', say scientists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: haven123
a reply to: Denoli

your post seemed knicker twisting

I asked him to read and contribute to the forum and he replied

i have long since stop bothering reading internet discussions on our work as they usually involve what I called bed sit Einstein's.

KNickers untwisted
edit on 9-10-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Am I the only one thinking that such an experiment would be relatively easy to repeat and to verify?

Shoot a sterile satellite up in orbit, with a suitable lab to "catch" those organisms.

After some time, check the satellite for organisms.

NOT in the effing stratosphere, in earth's ORBIT. Wouldn't such a simple "lab satellite" within a very short time either confirm or prove as false this theory? It cannot be that hard to "catch" organisms if they're supposed to come in through space.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Maybe an idea for a kickstarter project ?
But here is the kicker ! everyone who contributes has to donate to both sides of the argument ! Do both at the same time I bet there is millions who would donate say 10 pounds . And the target could be reached easily . Or just send a lot of habs up there.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Could be RODS maybe.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
“This, plus the fact that some of the biological material samples by the team produce impact craters when they hit the sampler, confirms their space origin.”

On his interview he said the particles that his the sampler were imbedded which he says could only happen by very fast speed ,
Far greater than just floating around in the atmosphere .

I'm pretty sure this is how the Andromeda Strain started ...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Fascinating article especially in conjunction with the
marine organisms discovered on the exterior of ISS.

Thanks for the post OP

It was, in fact, an old superstition hundreds of years ago
that Comets contain organisms, hence why so many people
panicked when Haley discovered a Comet that the Earth would
pass through the tail.

There are old legends that often a plague would occur recently
after passing through the tail of a Comet.

Then, there's the possible Mars connection. Scientists used to say
Mars never had water that's impossible, but now we know that
Mars did have water-- a lot of water. It still has some water on it.

So, if Mars had water, it could have had sophisticated aquatic marine
life.

So, what happened to Mars? Well who knows, but something happened
to all that water...

Maybe all that missing water is what formed Comets in the first place.

Has any scientists observed Comets outside the Solar System like in another
Solar System?

If it is Martian Water, could these very simple life forms have survived
in the frozen Comets, and as they pass earth, the sun starts to melt them
and wala, simple marine entities are released into space nearby earth.

Just a hypothesis.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Rebelv great read this is why I joined ats
I love your hypothesis if it may not be true but hope it is , thank for your input .
Wish we was on Mars now so do a bit of digging and just wandering about .
I bet there is something that proves life and intelligent life on there !
And not what has come from earth .
Guess we will find out one day and all the doubters will be proven wrong .

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv
Fascinating article especially in conjunction with the
marine organisms discovered on the exterior of ISS.

Thanks for the post OP

It was, in fact, an old superstition hundreds of years ago
that Comets contain organisms, hence why so many people
panicked when Haley discovered a Comet that the Earth would
pass through the tail.

There are old legends that often a plague would occur recently
after passing through the tail of a Comet.

Then, there's the possible Mars connection. Scientists used to say
Mars never had water that's impossible, but now we know that
Mars did have water-- a lot of water. It still has some water on it.

So, if Mars had water, it could have had sophisticated aquatic marine
life.

So, what happened to Mars? Well who knows, but something happened
to all that water...

Maybe all that missing water is what formed Comets in the first place.

Has any scientists observed Comets outside the Solar System like in another
Solar System?

If it is Martian Water, could these very simple life forms have survived
in the frozen Comets, and as they pass earth, the sun starts to melt them
and wala, simple marine entities are released into space nearby earth.

Just a hypothesis.

Standing theory, and an excellent one at that, suggest mars lost its water when its core solidified and ceased making a magnetic sphere. This allowed cosmic radiation to pummel the planet burning away its atmosphere and ultimately any water not below the surface or in highly reflective ice packs.

Comets have not been observed outside our solar system due to their size. Asteroids are basically Comets they just don't possess ice, but it is assumed several did not originate from the oort cloud or asteroid belt. Water has been recently observed outside our system now as well.
edit on 9-10-2014 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Interesting I suppose, but diatoms I do believe can get way up there in the atmosphere, and they never did say how far up in space they found these little diatoms, I mean what do they mean by space? In all I dont think its that far fetched that they can get pretty high in the atmosphere, but space is another matter. In all they found diatoms all over the place, in the air, in the ground, all around plants animals definitely the ground, and even in human bodies.

In fact whats even more weird, I think there was a few cases of morgelens were they looked at the fibers people sent in to look at with high powered microscopes and they found that some had diatoms in them. Spooky huh! Maybe were slowly being invaded from space, and there doing it from a molecular level on up, it would be most effective and not only would nobody suspect it, they would not even know or feel it.

Ah just messing. Cool thread anyways.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
Interesting I suppose, but diatoms I do believe can get way up there in the atmosphere, and they never did say how far up in space they found these little diatoms, I mean what do they mean by space? In all I dont think its that far fetched that they can get pretty high in the atmosphere, but space is another matter. In all they found diatoms all over the place, in the air, in the ground, all around plants animals definitely the ground, and even in human bodies.

In fact whats even more weird, I think there was a few cases of morgelens were they looked at the fibers people sent in to look at with high powered microscopes and they found that some had diatoms in them. Spooky huh! Maybe were slowly being invaded from space, and there doing it from a molecular level on up, it would be most effective and not only would nobody suspect it, they would not even know or feel it.

Ah just messing. Cool thread anyways.

Well they were found in orbit on the outside glass of the space station. Much higher than the stratosphere.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz
I think I read that they used a weather balloons to get there detectors up there. You can get pretty high with a balloon, but I would not say they have quite reached space with it. There still in the biosphere of the planet were it is quite possible that there are diatoms floating around.

However I know what your talking about with your found in orbit on the outside of the space station, I think however that was another thread about plankton in space, which to tell the truth is even more weirder, and if they really found plankton on the outside of the international space station, I do not think diatoms are far of a stretch.

And I quote from the link about how they got there findings.

Professor Milton Wainwright and his team made the discovery after launching a balloon high into the stratosphere during the Perseid meteor shower last year. The balloon was launched 27 km into the earth's atmosphere and was equipped with sterile slides designed to capture tiny biological organisms.

Stratosphere
This guy says space does not really start till the 100km mark, but that is still up for debate, and again all depends on what you mean and consider "space"

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I would like to suggest that outer space

Outer Space is the space we humans cannot live in
It is outside our space of comfort...therefor outer space

Does that make our oceans inner space? Not sure

But the fact that there are other creatures that can live there should be no surprise, am very glad we have found some.
I think we still have a lot more to discover...but a good start this is

X

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
cool find. Has the potential to be a Gamechanger.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
What we have here is an opinion regarding Panspermia from someone with close links to the Godfather of the theory Chandra Wickramasinghe who also happens to be in the team , this isn't science.

Wickramasinghe and Wainwright claimed the red rain n Kerala was extraterrestrial in origin but it was shown in tests to have been alga spores from lichen common in the area , assumptions lead to flawed hypotheses and incorrect conclusions.
I agree the "assumptions" don't seem scientific and I don't think they've ruled out processes they are unaware of elevating the diatoms to that altitude, so it doesn't seem like good science to me.

originally posted by: Xcouncil=wisdom
But the fact that there are other creatures that can live there should be no surprise
What fact? What creatures can live in outer space? The closest I'm aware of are creatures that can survive a trip through space in a dormant state (Tardigrades, for example, can survive at least 10 days in outer space), but I wouldn't call that exactly "living" in outer space. It does however provide some plausibility for the idea of panspermia, as in the possibility of a meteorite ejecting life from Mars which could possibly survive the trip to Earth in a dormant state.

Maybe there are creatures that can live in outer space, but if so we need good evidence of that with a scientific consensus that it's good evidence and we don't have that yet.

am very glad we have found some.
I don't think we have, yet.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

This interesting images thank

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz
...Interesting

Thanks for your reply.

Rebel 5

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Rebelv great read this is why I joined ats
I love your hypothesis if it may not be true but hope it is , thank for your input .
Wish we was on Mars now so do a bit of digging and just wandering about .
I bet there is something that proves life and intelligent life on there !
And not what has come from earth .
Guess we will find out one day and all the doubters will be proven wrong .

Thanks so much.

Rebel 5

P.S. someone mentioned that the pamspermia
theory has no scientific merit.

Someone should tell Steven Dawkins this for sure since
he has stated that it is a very real possibility.

edit on 10-10-2014 by rebelv because: another thought

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Correction to previous post. Meant to say Richard Dawkins.

I got Steven Hawking and Richard Dawkins confused, but it doesn't
really matter because Steven Hawking endorsed Panspermia & Richard Dawkins
Supports it.

"18 April 2008: Richard Dawkins endorses panspermia. 7 April 2009: Stephen Hawking endorses panspermia. 2 May 2009: Freeman Dyson speaks favorably about panspermia."

Here is the link:

www.panspermia.org...

Rebel 5

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: BestinShow

Do you hear an airplane flying above?
That's the point I was trying to make going over your head!

For those of you that really don't think I read it before I posted - K.M.A!

Kill Michael Angelo?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join