It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Alien life found above Derbyshire proves we're descended from extraterrestrials', say scientists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: Denoli

What I'd like to know is how they got there or better yet WHO put them there?

I've always been a fan of the alien 'seed' theory.
Same way algae was growing on the ISS way further out then this... don't see how this is indisputable when we've found more complex life forms further out. And just for the record, I'm a believer in Panspermia Theory.

Also may explain things like the red rain, since it seems to fall on occasion in the same areas maybe life is growing in those areas in the upper atmosphere and falls to earth.

“As far as the Kerala red rain is concerned, there is a mysterious microorganism that has defied identification so far. We have not been able to convincingly extract any DNA from them and Prof Louis has maintained that there is no DNA, but it can multiply at very high temperatures under high pressure conditions. I think there are all the signs of an alien bug!

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I read about this a few years ago, I don't think this is really a very new "discovery"?

Also, recently they've discovered microorganisms on the outside of the ISS that were still alive -- this indicates that DNA-bearing life forms *CAN* survive in space, and theoretically rain down and seed a planet.

Take a walk in the woods and look around. You might be looking an an alien and not even realize it!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

This story has already been posted...ten months ago.

abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Was it really only 10 months ago? Wow. My sense of time is all out of whack. I could have sworn it was at least 18 months ago.

I've really got to stop taking flying saucer rides! LOL

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Time will do that to you-It's called the TARDIS complex. It's only been around since next Tuesday.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

When or if his "evidence" is ever verified by peer review then it will be of interest as it is it's just another unverified claim by one of Chandra Wickramasinghe's team.

It will never be verified by peer review, no matter how strong his evidence is ... it's up to you to decide wether it's believable or not.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

It will never be verified by peer review, no matter how strong his evidence is

Why ? .... is it because of a conspiracy by science to keep the truth from us ?

it's up to you to decide wether it's believable or not

The idea of Panspermia is believable but proper verifiable evidence is required before they can go about announcing it's existence to everyone , it's to big a thing to believe on faith.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I am not so sure telling people to Kiss your A$$ is very appropriate. That is pretty bad manners for a friendly thread. Not trying to be your mom just saying. I think you took that comment a little too personal. Having a bad day? I enjoy your posts and think you are better than that.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

For those of you that really don't think I read it before I posted - K.M.A!

Whether or not you read it makes no difference...your question is still valid. Reading the article doesn't answer the question of who and why, does it? Ignore people like that...they are beneath even their own pettiness and detract from the content of the forums by being ridiculously pedantic and clogging the thread with their kindergarten-caliber attempts at insulting others...sad, really.

I believe there is something to the "alien seed" theory as well and also would like to know who and why. Maybe one day we will have our answers.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Just more evidence coming forward .

Not really , Milton Wainwright has a history for making these claims with no real evidence to back them up and as mentioned in the article the Journal of Cosmology isn't really a scientific publication.

When or if his "evidence" is ever verified by peer review then it will be of interest as it is it's just another unverified claim by one of Chandra Wickramasinghe's team.

Wainwright’s team which included Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe write: “While an Earth-bound origin for this diatom fragment may be invoked in order to meet criteria of parsimony or conservatism, we argue that since no major violent volcanic event or other atmospheric event occurred close to the time and place of sampling, the diatom fragment … must most plausibly have come from space – thus establishing consistency with theories of cometary panspermia.”
www.buckingham.ac.uk...

The Journal is peer reviewed. It has had its share of controversy though. The strange thing is that its editor is highly regarded in academia.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

This story has already been posted...ten months ago.

abovetopsecret.com

This is not the first time Wainwright has made extraordinary claims. Last year he told The Independent that he was "95 per cent convinced" that the organisms found on slides sent into space did not originate from earth.
Been repeated different experiment

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Everyone that knows me on here knows I'm a B+ at times.

I just can't stand the backscratching posts that point out nothing of contributing value other then to insult and belittle. It suppressive, oppressive and promotes some to not speak their minds out of fear. Personally my skin is thicker then that, but there are many new faces around here that get picked on for their small post numbers and misunderstanding of how the world/forums work. Many of those voices become prey to the vast amount of predators around here which seem to log on, toss a few out and leave.
If you knew me in real life you would understand. I am a predator also, except I only prey on other predators.

Sorry if I offended anyone, reality spills out on occasion, especially first thing in the morning.
edit on 10/9/2014 by AnteBellum because: forget it

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It's all good. Just wanted to say something, because like I said I usually enjoy reading what you have to say and thought that your comment was beneath you. I wouldn't like to see you banned from the website for something like that, as it seems that the mods have taken to banning people like a sport recently. Especially long time posters that have contributed vast amounts of threads and information. I don't quite understand it to be honest.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

The MOD's here are awesome, I trust them to make the right decisions as they have proven time and again.
Seldom do I see anyone banned out of being honest and speaking with conviction. It's always the ones that start to feel personal entitlement to the site or ?

Have a good one!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It's crazy that everyone wants this to be true !
At least a starting point then when you create a thread it's like getting beat about the ring by mike Tyson ! Pun intended !

Why derail ? if it's bs say, but don't give it the , it ain't peer reviewed ! It's a starting point ! Like I say , it must be cheap to replicate this so i think there will be tests and results coming soon !

Rant: just because people have studied things for years and the realise they've wasted all that time , they continue to not believe because they ain't human enough to admit they've wasted there lives !
Maybe it is bs, but it is right to question it , but just because they made claims are hideous in the past doesn't mean there hideous now !
edit on 9-10-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Alien life walks the streets of Derbyshire, go have a look

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: haven123

Just recieved an email from Milton wainwright and his reply was:

i have long since stop bothering reading internet discussions on our work as they usually involve what I called bed sit Einstein's.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

i have long since stop bothering reading internet discussions on our work as they usually involve what I called bed sit Einstein's.

It was a joke...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

It was a joke...

Meaning ?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

your post seemed knicker twisting

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join