It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any love stronger than a Mother's love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Thought this might be an interesting discussion.

In a separate thread relating to what you would do if someone close to you got Ebola would you see them the thing that has come to the forefront is mothers saying they would stay with their childrrn regardless of the risk to themselves.

I am one of them mothers. I would quite literally die for my child. I would kill for my child if he was in danger as I am sure many mothers would.

Obviously this love is clearly to do with our children surviving to carry on to reproduce and pass their genes further down the line but what about the mothers who dont have this kind of love for the child. As we know there are plenty of them too. And is that love purely biological. I have friends who have adopted children who are just as protective and loving as if they were their own then the passing of their own genes goes out of the window.

Just thought it might be interesting discussion, fathers can join in too. Thought it would be a change from ebola and ISIS. Something positive about human nature!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
My love for KFC

Second line

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Do not underestimate a fathers love. There is NOTHING I would not do to protect my children. As it happens my son is 24 years old and about six inches taller than me and has a good 100 pounds of muscle on me to boot - so he probably would be better as saving my old butt than I would be at saving his.

But my teenage daughter is a different story. She is tiny and God help the person who threatens or harms her.

edit on 10/9/14 by Hefficide because: Englishes r hard

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I dont under estimate a father's love thats why I mentioned them in last line. I had a wonderful father. Like mothers there are fathers who would do anything for their children and then like some mothers there are the ones who are a completee waste of time. Coming at it as a woman so therefore said mothers didnt mean to be sexist or offenda reply to: Hefficide

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

No malice intended, but I find it strange that this topic is even being discussed. Have some aspects of humanity deteriorated so irreparably in some quarters that we need to remind ourselves of basic, instinctual values?

Ooops! Glancing at news stories of how some parents treat their newborns, infants and children, I stand corrected.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
My love for KFC

Second line

Was going to say - My love of chicken!!

KFC though?? Ewww

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
With a few exceptions I don't believe so. My daughter and I were talking last night about the guy that came to Dallas with Ebola. Now... My daughter is almost 17 and somewhat of a hypochondriac. Since Ebola has been in the headlines she has worried herself sick despite all the talking and reasoning I do. She was fussing and angry that the guy had come over here. And while we are all not pleased that he did what he did, if we are honest... Most of us would have attempted to do the same thing. Especially if our children were sick.

I asked her to think if she would do so or not. The will to survive is strong within us and while we all would like to think that we would never put others at risk to save ourselves, or our children... Most of us would be doing nothing more than lying to ourselves if we said otherwise. I would go through hell and high water in any attempt to get my daughter the care/help that she needed. Of course, I would try to minimize the risk to others as much as I could... But I would chance it. Absolutely.

I would also stay by her side regardless of what she had and the risk of getting it. There is no way that I could leave her to die alone simply because I wanted to live for however long my days were going to allow. I would run into a burning building and gladly sacrifice myself for a chance at making sure she had many more years or even just one more day, to leave her mark on this planet.

I will await those that will tell me how selfish I would be to put others at risk to save her and I will endeavor to pretend that those few of you who do so are not only much better humans than I am... but much better liars as well.

When you have a child, you are given the task of protecting them and comforting them as well as you can for all of your days. That contract doesn't end when the road gets a little bumpy IMO.
edit on 10/9/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

My daughter actually lives in the Dallas metroplex area and I have a plan in place to swoop in and get her out of there should this all go south and borders end up closed.

I know that sounds like a very irresponsible thing to do - and I could well end up the Scott Campion ( for The Stand fans ) of an Ebola pandemic. But my baby girl tops all other considerations.

Lord I'd make a terrible Vulcan....

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

You might make a terrible Vulcan, but it makes you an awesome dad.

That's what counts. I can't blame you. I would do the exact same thing regardless. I think a lot of people would deny it, or maybe they really think they wouldn't do the same thing, but I think anyone with an ounce of love for their children would do whatever they had to when the moment came.

A switch flips in us when our children enter this world (for most of us anyway, there are always exceptions) and sometimes that switch can make you to do things you wouldn't normally do to protect them from anything and everything you possibly can. I think that instinct is as old as time itself.

I do hope your daughter stays safe. I can't imagine the worry you have at this point. Even with just one case... It would make sleep a little harder to come by at the very least until everything got back to normal.

edit on 10/9/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Yes, a lover's love. It is so potent, they can't help but to get some of it on you. ;p You people obviously haven't met my parents.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

It's amazing isn't it, what happens to most of us when we become parents. I honestly feel a bit of sadness for people who never get the opportunity to have a love greater than yourself. I love my husband with all of my heart and soul, but my children, those two feisty little stinkers, I would die for. I could never with any peace, ever, leave them if something happened to them.

Nothing can compare to the instant change that happens to your heart when you look at that little face for the first time, and it never goes away.

It saddens me to encounter egg and sperm donors who can remove themselves from that incredible bond out of sheer selfishness. It's more and more common unfortunately. Selfish desires and instant gratification come before life. It is truly their loss. Kids are not instant gratification.

Now if you will excuse me, my three year old is trying to explain to me why he needs an ax, haha.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I feel the same way. I never thought of a love so strong it's feeling would change me so much. When my first was born nearly 5 weeks early it hit me within 2 seconds of seeing him. For the first time ever, I knew what angels looked like. I saw God and believed in miricles in that moment. He looked like a starved baby bird. He was so small, I was so afraid for him. Luckily, he had no issues, was just tiny at 4 lbs, 10 oz. The switch in me flipped so fast it scared my husband! I never let him out of my sight at the hospital. I was super suspicious of all the nurses. He was so perfect, I didn't trust anyone. They said he couldn't be in the room with me unless I was awake. I spent the entire next 2 days wide awake so they couldn't take him. All his baby checks and bathes were done in my room. My babies are getting older now, but still young at 10, 8 in about a week and 4. To this day none of them have been to a sitter. I was a working woman up until my first was born. Had worked at a children's hospital for years. Never went back, never regretted it either. I have no doubt at all that I would never stop until my final breath doing all I could to protect my babies.

My sister, on the other hand........ She one had one. Jordan, she just turned 18. From the first week my sister brought her home from the hospital she spent every weekend with her grandparent. From just a few days old!! My sister is the type that would take the time to think of the outcomes of saving her child and whether of not it would be worth the effort. She loves her daughter, but it's just not the same. Some have it, some just don't.

Jillian

top topics

join