It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany bans support of ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

That's the conundrum

Germany can do whatever it so chooses within their borders, they're a sovereign nation. Iran hangs gays, Saudi Arabia beheads thieves and child molesters, China executes for white collar crimes etc etc etc.

Now are you saying the 'Germans' should do anything other than what the Germans have chosen for themselves? Where are all the arguments posted over the years about the "WE" should keep our noses out of other peoples business?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

All the well-known chains sell Halal. It's easier than buying from multiple slaughterhouses, they simply go all-Halal without telling anyone so it keeps Muslims happy. Tesco, Sainsbury's, ASDA, M&S, Lidl.

It also keeps the Jews happy. The slaughtering of meat is similar between Muslims and Jews. Also this just to keep Muslims happy is just nonsense it states in the Qurʼan that food that is lawful for Christians and Jews to eat is lawful for Muslims to eat if anything the stores do this so they can jack prices up.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

That's the conundrum

Germany can do whatever it so chooses within their borders, they're a sovereign nation. Iran hangs gays, Saudi Arabia beheads thieves and child molesters, China executes for white collar crimes etc etc etc.

Now are you saying the 'Germans' should do anything other than what the Germans have chosen for themselves? Where are all the arguments posted over the years about the "WE" should keep our noses out of other peoples business?

I just said they are against Freedom of Speech and they are because anything that is the least little bit unpopular they ban. Now explain where in the rest of the nonsense you posted did I say anything America intervening in their nation and forcing them to do something. Or is it that you are against Freedom of Speech as well seeing how you are against my saying that Germany is controlling what people say like Hitler did.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
a reply to: uncommitted

I edited my above post with an explanation concerning DailyMail.

I agree with your edited comments about the Daily Mail (with exception of its printed sports coverage which I tend to like), but I guess the irony is it panders mainly to the right wing, usually with populist headlines and articles that are based on emotion more than fact.

A little bit like starting a thread about IS but actually showing a distaste for Muslims in general rather than an extreme fundamental terrorist group that actually practices the opposite of what many would see as the Islamic faith?

I don't have a distaste for Muslims, if I did I wouldn't hang out with them. I have a distaste for a foreign culture being forced on me.

Imagine in todays world, Europeans immigrating en-masse to Asian and middle-east nations, thereby making ourselves a minority, and then demanding they do things OUR way...

We would be driven out if not summarily executed.

Yet turn the tables, and it's A-OK... WHY??? Because of the color of our f@#kin skin???

We are the only group of people who are not ALLOWED to defend our culture and our traditions, and furthermore we must bow to every other group's traditions and cultures even in our HOME NATIONS????

PURE HYPOCRISY.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The OP brought up the halal meat so keeping with the topic ...

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Doesn't bother me anyways I think all meat should be halal anyways!

It could be cleaner and healthier BUT doesn't it also have to have an Islamic blessing at the time of slaughter? I object to putting anything in my body that has had religious rituals that I disagree with done on them. I have no objections to halal being sold in supermarkets, but there should be food for people who dont' want to put food into themselves that has been in religious ceremonies.

Saying that all meat should be halal is the same as saying all meat should have a Catholic priests blessing with holy water. Jews and Muslims and most likely a lot of fundamentalist protestants wouldnt' want to eat meat blessed like that. Neither would most non-muslim, yet religious people, want to eat meat that has had a muslim blessing on it.

The best way to sell food is to sell it without ANY religious blessings. Let the people who buy the food put their own blessings and religious ceremonies on them when they get home.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Nonsense?

Those were examples of what 'Sovereign Nations' do within their own borders.

If you think what Nations like Iran, Saudi Arabia, China and Germany etc etc etc choose to do as 'Sovereign Nations' within their own borders as 'Nonsense' then I think you may need step away from the keyboard, take a deep breath, maybe open a window, or go for a walk to clear your head.

Freedom of Speech in any Sovereign Nation varies in degree depending on and according to how THEY perceive it. Not by how you or I understand it.

edit on 9-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: 8675309jenny

All the well-known chains sell Halal. It's easier than buying from multiple slaughterhouses, they simply go all-Halal without telling anyone so it keeps Muslims happy. Tesco, Sainsbury's, ASDA, M&S, Lidl.

It also keeps the Jews happy. The slaughtering of meat is similar between Muslims and Jews. Also this just to keep Muslims happy is just nonsense it states in the Qurʼan that food that is lawful for Christians and Jews to eat is lawful for Muslims to eat if anything the stores do this so they can jack prices up.

The slaughter meets kosher requirements yes, but many Jew's would not be happy unless it's actually blessed by a Rabbi.

Im not 100% on this, but I believe the Quran only allows Muslims to eat non-Halal meat while in a foreign land and it says they must say a blessing over the meat first. Maybe 2,000yrs ago christian slaughter was done to Halal standards, but certainly not today.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The blessing is the recitation of Bismillah Allahu Akbar...

Basically you thank God for the offering before the animal is slaughtered...

How many people who say prayers before a meal would eat halal...
Probably not many because they lack an understanding of what halal is!

Edit: it cannot be halal if it is prepared first...it must be sacrificed properly before it hits the plate, or butchers even!

The only exception I know of from the Quran is if someone has no option but to eat non halal food or if they're tricked into thinking its halal!

edit on 9-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

The best way to sell food is to sell it without ANY religious blessings. Let the people who buy the food put their own blessings and religious ceremonies on them when they get home.

Man is that a topic to start if any!
The scene in the movie Devil's Advocate just came to mind; the Voodoo priest was arrested killing goats in ceremonial manner, then cleared by using Kashrut butchery as a defense.
I like where you are going with this, though not being religious in an organized sense, it wouldn't affect me but I'm sure people all over would scream it's discrimination and they will starve if they can't find the appropriate witch doctor.
edit on 10/9/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

a reply to: uncommitted

I edited my above post with an explanation concerning DailyMail.

I agree with your edited comments about the Daily Mail (with exception of its printed sports coverage which I tend to like), but I guess the irony is it panders mainly to the right wing, usually with populist headlines and articles that are based on emotion more than fact.

A little bit like starting a thread about IS but actually showing a distaste for Muslims in general rather than an extreme fundamental terrorist group that actually practices the opposite of what many would see as the Islamic faith?

I don't have a distaste for Muslims, if I did I wouldn't hang out with them. I have a distaste for a foreign culture being forced on me.

Imagine in todays world, Europeans immigrating en-masse to Asian and middle-east nations, thereby making ourselves a minority, and then demanding they do things OUR way...

We would be driven out if not summarily executed.

Yet turn the tables, and it's A-OK... WHY??? Because of the color of our f@#kin skin???

We are the only group of people who are not ALLOWED to defend our culture and our traditions, and furthermore we must bow to every other group's traditions and cultures even in our HOME NATIONS????

PURE HYPOCRISY.

No one is demanding you do things their way - not within the context of what has been discussed in this thread anyway. What is being demanded on you? As for lamb, check the packet, if you buy quality meat the packaging should tell you place of origin, often the actual farm.

Secondly, being a muslim doesn't have a skin colour requirement, that's a very lazy statement, but I know where you are going, it's 'I'm not a racist but...' territory even though of course the faith of Islam is not defined by a particular race or country of origin.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That proves my point. It's been through a religious ceremony. Would a muslim want to eat food that was ritualistically slaughtered and blessed by a Catholic priest or a hindu pagan? No. Likewise, nonmuslims shouldn't have to eat food that's been ritualistically slaughtered and put through a religious ceremony by Muslims.

Best way to sell food - neutral. No religious anything attached. Let people do their own blessings. No 'everything should be halal'.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

If a catholic praises God before hand then kills the animal, it is halal...

So I don't see muslims having a problem with that...

Hindus have many "Gods" & I'm sure the only farm animal they eat is chicken anyways...
Pork is prohibited if I'm correct and cattle are sacred...

I suppose lamb is ok, however like I said there is two ways a Muslim can eat non halal food!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Nonsense?

If you think what Nations like Iran, Saudi Arabia, China and Germany etc etc etc choose to do as 'Sovereign Nations' within their own borders as 'Nonsense' then I think you may need step away from the keyboard, take a deep breath, maybe open a window, or go for a walk to clear your head.

Freedom of Speech in any Sovereign Nation varies in degree depending on and according to how THEY perceive it. Not by how you or I understand it.

I said it was nonsense because it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. There is no degrees of Freedom of Speech either you allow it or you don't. So you need to take that little walk and clear your head then maybe you can keep on topic instead o trying to derail it.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Why would it matter to Allah as to the fashion is which the animal is slaughtered considering animals do not possess a soul?

Can meat not just be meat? Its not like prayers or the manner of death adds to the nutritional value.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I said it was nonsense because it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. There is no degrees of Freedom of Speech either you allow it or you don't.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Animals do have a soul...
Do not kill what you cannot create is a very Islamic teaching!!!

There is not an animal (that lives) on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but (forms part of) communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they (all) shall be gathered to their Lord in the end.

— Quran 6:38

So we give thanks & praise to Allah for giving us something to sustain our energy & health!!!
edit on 9-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Nonsense?

I said it was nonsense because it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. There is no degrees of Freedom of Speech either you allow it or you don't. So you need to take that little walk and clear your head then maybe you can keep on topic instead o trying to derail it.

I believe in America speech used to incite hatred/violence/death is defined as hate speech and is not covered within the First Amendment. As such advocating the aims of IS would not be covered. So.... why do you think Germany should be any different?

constitution.findlaw.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Doesn't bother me anyways I think all meat should be halal anyways!

bloodless...

Give the people what they want, if that means a dried up piece of shoe-leather for dinner that's fine by me, Personally, I like my steaks rare.

Run it through a warm room, I'm good.

edit on 9-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Lol...

You can have a nice pink steak that's halal...
Just won't be seeping claret!!!

Maybe what I said sounded a bit extreme...
It's only because I find it to be cleaner, healthier & cheaper!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Back to the thread title ...

Good for Germany...
It's about time we deal with IS how they deal with others!

Oppression and a hint of Vlad The Impaler style heads on spikes, would diminish the support for them swiftly!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join