It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS on iOS and iPhone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hi,

I just wanted to make the web engineers aware of a problem when viewing iOS on an iPhone. The entire page tends to drift to the right (on its own). You can also swipe and move the page off the screen to the right. I don't think you should be able to do that. It should be a fixed page.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
you also can't respond to U2U's. At one time, you couldn't read 'em, but now you can read but not respond.

On my phone, though, it drifts to the left instead of the right.

Still, it's a big improvement, when the new look came out, you couldn't use an iphone at all for some time.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Hi,

I just wanted to make the web engineers aware of a problem when viewing iOS on an iPhone. The entire page tends to drift to the right (on its own). You can also swipe and move the page off the screen to the right. I don't think you should be able to do that. It should be a fixed page.

The same thing happens on Android. I'm using a Nexus 7/Nexus 5 with Chrome. So I'm guessing it's a general issue with the mobile interface. It's a bit annoying.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
First off... terribly sorry xD but it seems like a freaking paradox that you are looking at non mainstream media on the most mainstream media device in the world. Obviously you're not the only one. You're probably a really nice dude. I hate generalizations but as tech support, I see the most smug people with their Iphones and Ipads willing to pay huge, bloated prices for medium average hardware. People who won't buy any headphones but "earpods" because they have magical powers. eh... 5 dollar ear buds at max.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

If you turn the phone 90 degrees to landscape it centers itself. You can also swipe left and it will fit itself to the screen if you want to stay in portrait.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I just figured out the solution. Go into your account setting and scroll down to mobile. Switch from desktop version to mobile version. Worked perfect for me.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I don't think I'm being nitpicky by saying that it should automatically work in portrait without doing anything and that the content should not slide to either side by swiping the screen.

One big reason being that when you scroll down, you do not want the content unintentionally going off the screen to either side (which is what inevitably happens).

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Did you try my solution? account>mobile>mobile desktop

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: adomol
Yes, I always had it set to 'mobil'.

It seems that it has been fixed to a certain extent.

The account section is almost perfect - it scrolls up and down without (for the most part) moving side to side (except for a couple of pixels to either side if you swipe it to either side).

The 'recent', 'new' or 'home' section has this weird behavior or moving the content to the side if swiped, but then it bounces back to the center (which is much better than before). Now if they can make it stay still, like the 'account' section, not even moving a pixel to either side, would make it perfect, I think.

top topics

join