It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Anti gravity from household items.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Isnt there a hoax forum for posts like this?

Yes there is a place for a hoax. Thing is...you have to prove a hoax! And proof of "hoax" is not anywhere to be seen here..Just a bunch of people who don't really want this sort of thing to work; so you all "say" its a hoax, and do so with out a single shred of scientific evidence.

I thought we were supposed to try to "Deny Ignorance", yet it seems yall want to embrace it...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

I sometimes teach elementary digital forensics. One of the things I teach people is to wrap phones in alufoil to prevent suspects from wiping them. Your phone won't receive zilch if it is wrapped in foil.

So, this video will be used in our next class as a light hearted intermezzo: "why can't this work?"..

Thanks for the video

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
a reply to: bluemooone2

I sometimes teach elementary digital forensics. One of the things I teach people is to wrap phones in alufoil to prevent suspects from wiping them. Your phone won't receive zilch if it is wrapped in foil.

So, this video will be used in our next class as a light hearted intermezzo: "why can't this work?"..

Thanks for the video

Please explain...exactly WHY can't this work?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

The answer was in my post, I'll repeat it for you: " Your phone won't receive zilch if it is wrapped in foil. "

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Thing is...you have to prove a hoax!

No you don't. The burden of proof lies on the claimant.

"That which is presented without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence"
edit on 10-10-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

so you all "say" its a hoax, and do so with out a single shred of scientific evidence.

I thought we were supposed to try to "Deny Ignorance", yet it seems yall want to embrace it...

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Please show me your scientific evidence that this works..or live in ignorance.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Yes please mods. I was really in a gullible mood last night it seems.
I

It happens to the best of us

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Thing is...you have to prove a hoax!

No you don't. The burden of proof lies on the claimant.

"That which is presented without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence"

Sorry man; he provided video evidence. AND, to all appearance; it works! Now, y'all are trying to claim "Hoax"; where is YOUR evidence?

Please understand; I'm not trying to say this is real...just trying to make y'all do your due diligence...it is sorely lacking around here.

Also; there does seem to some small amount of real science to support the notion of this working...sort of. Ask the Chinese about their "microwave thruster", hell, ask NASA about it.

I just want you to properly understand this, and simply claiming hoax isn't any kind of understanding.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

so you all "say" its a hoax, and do so with out a single shred of scientific evidence.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Please show me your scientific evidence that this works..or live in ignorance.

Bull....

The video is all that is needed here...

Again, dude made his assertion; provided video evidence. WITHOUT benefit of any scientific analysis, nor indeed the application of any science so ever; yall have proclaimed this a hoax.

The reality is you don't know! Period! And you want to claim you do; there's your delusional logic!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

The answer was in my post, I'll repeat it for you: " Your phone won't receive zilch if it is wrapped in foil. "

Tell us "WHY" it won't receive a signal...
Although, under the circumstances shown in the video; the phone will still receive a signal...I'll reserve the why of that for a bit...till after you tell us why it won't.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Fantastic claims require fantastic evidence. Video =/= evidence, esp. fantastic evidence. The default position is thus: it's assumed to be a hoax until proven otherwise.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Bull....

lol soooo all you need to believe something is real is to see it on a video without any proof it works? So by your logic you must believe all magicians can do real magic. Gullible much?

edit on 10-10-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Bull....

lol soooo all you need to believe something is real is to see it on a video without any proof it works? So by your logic you must believe all magicians can do real magic. Gullible much?

You are avoiding the point; further you know this...

[SNIP]

I never said I believe any of it; but, you see, I actually "know" why this can't work. Further, as I already pointed out. There is real science to support the notion. But, you are so convinced that you are right, you won't even look...your bad!

ETA:

see it on a video without any proof it works

Ya know...the video kind of shows the thing working...just sayin'
Also, isn't that what science is all about? Repeatable experiment? Did you try "dude's" experiment?
Science is wonderful, and infinitely better than the "ole knee jerk".

edit on 10-10-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/10/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Fantastic claims require fantastic evidence. Video =/= evidence, esp. fantastic evidence. The default position is thus: it's assumed to be a hoax until proven otherwise.

=/= ? What is that supposed to be?

And, no actually, unless you wish to trash the entire Human concept of justice; it works only one way...innocent until proven guilty.

Anything other is only an attempt to deny reality, truth, and can only support ignorance.

Also, you are ignoring supporting evidence...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Would it still work if I just sent a text?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Although, under the circumstances shown in the video; the phone will still receive a signal...I'll reserve the why of that for a bit...till after you tell us why it won't.
This explains why, because of an effect discovered before the cell phone was even invented:

Why Does Aluminum Foil Block Cell Phone Signals?

Aluminum foil blocks cell phone signals because of the Faraday Cage Principle. Micheal Faraday, a scientist from the early 1800s, discovered that an electric charge exists on the outside of a charged conductor, and the electric charge has no effect on anything enclosed by the conductor. This is so because the electric charges on the exterior cause internal electric fields to cancel.

=/= is an equals sign with a line through it which is internet notation for "not equal to", though with a pencil and paper you'd just draw an ordinary equal sign with a line through it for the same meaning.
edit on 10-10-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

This explains why, because of an effect discovered before the cell phone was even invented:

Why Does Aluminum Foil Block Cell Phone Signals?

Aluminum foil blocks cell phone signals because of the Faraday Cage Principle. Micheal Faraday, a scientist from the early 1800s, discovered that an electric charge exists on the outside of a charged conductor, and the electric charge has no effect on anything enclosed by the conductor. This is so because the electric charges on the exterior cause internal electric fields to cancel.

Very good, exactly the answer I was looking for. However, that doesn't prevent the effect in the video. When the phone is placed n the "cage" it will immediately start "looking" for a network, and as a result, will emit more RF than when it is idle, or in "ring" mode. So...that detail s no longer valid...

And again, there seems to be some science supporting the notion of a microwave thruster; I'm not sure I buy that, but...

=/= is an equals sign with a line through it which is internet notation for "not equal to", though with a pencil and paper you'd just draw an ordinary equal sign with a line through it for the same meaning.

Sorry, I'm a software engineer to me "not equal" is != ("C" language)...

edit on 10-10-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Sigh. Ever heard of Faraday?

ETA: oh, wait, somebody else already explained. Thanks!

Yes, the phone may transmit HF signals. But the signals can't leave the Faraday cage created by the tin foil. So, outside the cage there isn't any HF energy available.
edit on 11-10-2014 by ForteanOrg because: he did not read the thread properly before replying and had to make up for that..

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

And again, there seems to be some science supporting the notion of a microwave thruster; I'm not sure I buy that, but...

Yes, there have been some experiments with theEmDrive. Probably our "Scottish" friend read about this and it inspired him to make a video. But the amount of trust the EmDrive produces is currently hardly enough to lift the foil you see in that contraption - let alone the jar / flask, a phone and six batteries.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Science isn't a court of law, it doesn't operate on the principle of "innocent until proven guilty". Such a notion would be absurd as any and every untestable claim would default to "true". Case in point: there are invisible unicorns in my garden. Prove me wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join