It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EBOLA IS OVERRATED

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I think it's wishful thinking to believe adherence to standards will grow as a large scale communicable disease crisis like Ebola grows. We need to get this right at the start.

In fact, I think the constant assertion we have little to worry about is one significant factor that places us at greater risk. This same 'nothing to be worried about' sentiment in the urban centers of West Africa is why we have the problem we do now.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

In fact, I think the constant assertion we have little to worry about is one significant factor that places us at greater risk. This same 'nothing to be worried about' sentiment in the urban centers of West Africa is why we have the problem we do now.

I agree with you that we should be prepared and informed of what's going on. What I really meant to say is there is no point in panicking when you have a lack of information or a lack of understanding about how these things work.

I know that if the issue was bigger than it is, we would be on higher alert here in Canada. We've got a great track record of dealing with contagious disease.

~Tenth

<< 1   >>

join