It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola in Queensland?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
www.news.com.au...

AUTHORITIES are performing tests relating to a possible case of ebola in Queensland.

It is understood tests are being used to isolate the issue, with further details are expected to emerge this afternoon at a press conference to be held by Chief Health Officer Jeanette Young.

More to come.

I'm stressing that yes this is just a test and nothing definitive yet.. BUT
we've had a few cases of people being '' tested '' and quarantined before..

however, its never been followed by a press conference from the Chief Health Officer!
We also had this little event this morning

www.news.com.au...

A HEALTH scare has thrown Sydney Airport into chaos with a sick passenger who was vomiting blood causing a flight to be grounded and quarantine officials called to the scene.
The Sydney to Darwin flight JQ 672 was turned around overnight when the man in his 50s fell seriously ill while on board a Jetstar flight.
Fears his condition is highly contagious were evident as he was treated by paramedics wearing protective hazmat suits.

A statement was released later

Hospital sources have also confirmed the man was not suffering from a contagious disease, Today has reported

.... trust is starting to become a very critical factor.

edit on pm1153318082014-10-08T23:53:57-05:00112014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm reading it's a woman who's 57. However, it's not good because with air travel going strong as usual it's only a matter of time until it or something else goes to every continent.

I think the screenings will eventually lead to mandatory quarantine for all passengers from those areas, then eventually bans. S + F, I'm following the Ebola situation on Google News.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Here's a media statement from the government concerning the case.

Sky News Australia released the image in question. I don't want to say it's Ebola, but considering the individual involved was just over there treating Ebola victims, i'm fairly certain it is.
edit on 9-10-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Thanks this is a good find! I noticed in the news that she had treated Ebola patients. Now I know why they seem so serious over there.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Here's the SkyNews link about the possible ebola case in Australia.

news.sky.com...

She arrived back in Australia at the weekend after working in an ebola hospital in the West African country.

The woman has been in "home isolation" since Tuesday when she returned to her home in Cairns, Queensland.

top topics

join