It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats & Dogs in Falluga

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well, I am all for putting animals out of their misery and protecting the people from some disease the animal could have possibly spread. I think that this is a good time to get some sniper target practice. If you can snipe a cat running away from tear gas, then you will be able to snipe some innocent civilian standing still. Just kidding. Although it is sad, I don't feel directly effected unless it were my cat or dog being killed. I am no big animal lover, but if I walk into a vets office and see some little cat or dog in the front up for adoption, it makes me sad and I want to help the animal. If I don't see the animal killed, I will sleep better at night. As for having fun while rounding up these cats and dogs, why not. To quote the great Uncle Jimbo, "It's coming right for us!"

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Falluga is the spelling on the map above the PC I'm using.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yea like a bonus sure kill them all! How patriotic-> oops I mean pathetic. I say stick to killing each other that is what we are good at. Leave the animals out of the mess we have created if the dogs and cats are eating people and spreading disease perhaps its a sign that they deserve it. Animals have been eating us for a long time, scary isnt it when you just cant control all living things. Got a gun patriot pick it up its your liberty and put it to your head not the in the direction of animals.

Operation Apathy coming to a taxed town near you and me. Eating up all earths resources and exterminating all life is your priority. Got to go cell phone is ringing better double park my new BMW and make plans for my annual 40% taxation with my accountant. Whats that more concrete, shopping malls, and pigeons, its so nice to be free and at the top of the decaying food chain.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just to straighten a few things out. Outside of the few dogs laying on the road with bombs possibly attached. You only see them in the trash yards and so skinny they are just flesh over bones. The Iraqi hate dogs and cats. You just don't see them over there, not in homes anyway.
Looks and smells like propaganda. Really.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What dogs???? I take it from your post that you are in the 'Sand Pit'?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I was this summer Billy,
Got back went to Mexico. Looked at how easy someone from the near and middle East could walk over with Mexicans, they really do look alike.
Recently the border patrol started getting wacked you know.
But, what do you want to know about the sand pit?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 77
they really do look alike.

What an ignorant thing to say.....what do you think that? I would imagine that many races from another races view..."all look alike"

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Another aspect to this is the fact that the terrorists are often alerted to the presence of allied troops by barking dogs. I say shoot 'em all. And do it humanely, at point blank range, in the head.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
When I was in Balad, there were stray dogs everywhere. Some soldiers who got bored, would randomly kill them. The first time I saw it happen, I questioned them and a soldier said, "They told us to kill the dogs". Which is a lie, because even if wild dogs were a problem, I doubt the solution is to leave them in the street or the field after you kill them. Talk about the spread of disease (I was also the Field Sanitation NCo for my unit)!

The worst abuse of the stray dogs I saw were by some mechanics who fixed our HUMVEES and generators. They would make spears, hunt the dogs for sport, and then video tape the kill and mutilation. There are some sick puppies out there!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm sitting here listening to packs of dogs barking and howling on the banks of the Tigris right now. The place is crawling with wild cats and dogs!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Billy, you in Turkey?

This line added to fill space

This line added to make sure enough space is filled

This line added because I have started to develope a habit..

[edit on 8-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Skippy for crying out loud.....we have had this conversation before. If you have nothing to add to the thread don't post.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Billy, you posted about listening to dogs out of your window by the Tigris. You can be in two places with a statement like that. Turkey or Iraq. My question was as relevant to your post as your last response was.

AND..

Ill post anything I want to any post I want. You dont like it choose to use the ignore feature.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Skippy - You describe yourself as a middle aged father and a professional. Just give it a rest friend

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Billy, can you please stay on topic. One poster who was in irag stated he didnt see many dogs there. You say you are sitting on the bank of the Tirgis listening to dogs right now. That mean you are in Iraq and are saying that the previous poster isnt accurate? If you are going to continue on this thread regarding dogs and cats in Iraq maybe you should be relavant to the thread.

My RELAVANT question to you is are you in Iraq or Turkey sitting by the Tigris river listening to dogs barking?

Stay on topic or post in the general forums please.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

heard today that next week the US Mil are going to begin to kill all the cats and dogs in the Iraqi town of Falluga. The reason given for this course of action is to stop the spread of diesease, which the animals may transmit.

What many of you may not realize, is that in many parts of the Middle East, dogs and cats are not the lovable pets we know here in the West. They are wild, and are seen by the populace as vermin. We may not agree, but what the US military is doing is well justified if you think about it logically, and without our bias. This is actually done already by numerous Middle Eastern nations as a matter of routine. It's akin to having 2 foot high rats roaming your city. Let me tell you something too, those desert dogs are some MEAN critters....

It may not be very pallatable to us...heck, I have 3 cats and two dogs...but I have witnessed the necessity of it first hand in Saudi, so it helps keep the anger in check...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So Garzok, with your experience would you say the Iraqi's coulkd view this as a favorable thing? I.e something productive? Heavan knows we need all the good press we can get.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Personaly I think this is a ridiculous idea.

Insects and vermin are what will spread disease most noticably.

Where did all this "disease" come from also?

A pointless gesture if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
Another aspect to this is the fact that the terrorists are often alerted to the presence of allied troops by barking dogs. I say shoot 'em all. And do it humanely, at point blank range, in the head.

Is this the dogs, or the terrorists you had in mind ?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Two points I was trying to make:
1) These are not PET dogs and cats like we know them in the States, they are used to blow up our people and Irqi people by wiring explosives on them. They also carry those annoying little sand fleas thet eat into human flesh but this can be cured with a liberal dose of carsenagenic fluids so people can die of cancer later. These animals are better off dead than just barely alive in Iraq.

2) Lady V - by "they look alike" means the terrorist cells from the Middle and Near East can walk over our southern boarder with Mexicans and the bleeding heart liberal FOOLS that want to give them all ID's without a check, instad of making the FBI combine computer data like they should have. If you don't know the FBI don't want to be troubled with updating files on Mexican and South American murderes, rapest etc. that are repeat offenders here in the US but with no record (the record is with imigrations departments not the FBI) they just get sent back and continue to come over here to commit all manner of crime with no responsibility. Now we may have a few Iranians, Syrians ect. with those criminals sent back to Mexico. Soon we can be up to our chins in terrorist here in the states. The point here is we need to at least tag and record these migrants like we would Dogs and Cats. Maybe we should nueter our politicians that allow the present conditions as well- stop Aristocricy (Bush AND Kennedy).
This drifted off of the subject due to Billy's question of where I am. Sorry. For the record I take in abused dogs and cats no one wants. About eight of each right now and three birds (all pets).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join