It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Rock The Vote" Ad Has Conservatives Upset

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thanks for those 2 stories.

But they are hardly going "berzerk" like Addicting Info claims.

Looks like they're just pointing out some discrepancies with "Liberal" vs "Conservative".

And I still don't see those (or any links) in the Addicting Info story.

Maybe they have been "edited" out after exposure.

Hmmm.

We'll see what happens at the real polls in a few weeks won't we.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess stating something is a waste of time watching, or stupid is now defined as "going crazy".

Sure sure.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: abecedarian

The term "Republican" and "Democrat" have flip flopped . Yes, Lincoln was a Republican, but he would be considered a Democrat by today's standards.

So, sometime between the 1860s and 1936, the (Democratic) party of small government became the party of big government, and the (Republican) party of big government became rhetorically committed to curbing federal power.

Livescience

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexball
If you didn't like Obama, brace yourselves for Shillary!

It is still a ways off and anything can happen, but...
I may have nobody to vote for, I really don't want her getting the nomination.
I don't see her as a leader, just another bureaucrat.

Maybe the libertarian candidate will be good.

Oh well midterms first, then the sad choice between Satan and Lucifer for president of the USA, lol.

edit on 9-10-2014 by Elton because: I love you...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
And I still don't see those (or any links) in the Addicting Info story.

I don't know what to say... They're there... Still...

But of course, conservatives hate everything about it.
The reaction from the right over this video is a good illustration on why young people do not vote conservative.
The editors at the Washington Free Beacon are having a melt down over the video showing two people in one voting booth. “SHAME” the headline screams, “Rock the Vote Video Glamorizes Illicit Voting Practices.”
Really, because apparently young people take everything they see 100 percent seriously… or no, wait, I think that’s conservatives.

Over at Breitbart the outrage is centered on what they say is the video’s “promotion of abortion and marijuana.”

Both "Washington Free Beacon" and "Breitbart" are links in the OP's source.

Maybe the right didn't "freak out" about Rock the Vote... They're too busy trying to BLOCK the vote.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There are more stories out there but they're in the minority in terms of opinion.

'Rock The Vote' Should be Called 'Mock The Vote' From Human Events "Powerful Conservative Voices"

Have you all seen the latest video put out by “Rock the Vote” aimed at “building political power for young people”? Count your blessings if you haven’t. For one thing, it features a flabby Lena Dunham jiggling her pasty body in what appears to be an adult onesie (which is ironic, considering she’s “turning out” for the right not to reproduce).

Some interesting commentary from New Republic "Republicans and Democrats Could Learn a Lot From This Voting Ad"

“Turn Down for What” also shames the recent GOP ads by addressing issues that voters care about. Since it’s hard to make too many substantive policy points while using metaphors about boyfriends and dresses, the Republican ads have mostly relied on the trope that Democrats are fiscally irresponsible. The “Dating Profile” ad perhaps came closest to addressing real issues when the female narrator complained that “Barack” spied on her text messages. Meanwhile, the Rock the Vote ad features a variety of policy-related reasons why celebrities are going to the polls—from prison reform to reproductive rights to pot legalization. There is a way to connect with youth and female demographics, even if it takes some star power.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What doesn't make conservatives upset?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Can't you be a conservative and still support things like woman's rights, climate awareness, equality issues, drug legalization....etc?

In fact, shouldn't those sorts of topics be exactly what a conservative should stand for? Individual liberty, less government intervention and protection of our constitutional rights? Na, the Republican party has become anti-conservative and social nazis.

Then when you have people produce an ad such as the Rock the Vote ad, they whine and cry because it does not fit their agenda of suppression and political correctness.

These neocons really need to man-up and grow a pair. I'm tired of hearing them whine all the time because someone disagrees with them or they don't get their way.

edit on 10/9/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan

White people and money.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

This is why I'm a Libertarian and not a Republican. Republicans have lost touch with their voting base.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Odd, I know quite a few conservative musicians that participate in Rock the vote in our town, one was my son in law.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Here's the link from the OP....

Right Wing Freaks Out After New “Rock The Vote” Video Goes Viral (VIDEO)

?????

What article are you linking to?

There must be different ones !!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

He's probably a reasonable conservative, not a cry baby neocon.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I doubt Lincoln could have related to either party today, truthfully.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Actually I don't know any neo cons, most conservatives lean left from what I see.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

They are definitely there. I found them by clicking on the link you just posted.
SHAME: Rock the Vote Propaganda Video Glamorizes Illicit Voting Practices
LENA DUNHAM PERFORMS WITH LIL JON FOR ABORTION RIGHTS, MARIJUANA IN 'ROCK THE VOTE' VIDEO

I'm seriously not seeing any links from here:

"http:// www.addictinginfo.org/2014/10/08/lil-jon-rock-the-vote-viral-video/ "

looks like something has been edited.

??????????

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Try a different web browser then. They are definitely there.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Actually I don't know any neo cons, most conservatives lean left from what I see.

I envy you. I know many neocons, including many in my family. They are a minority, but they are the driving force behind the party.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Here's the link from the OP....

Right Wing Freaks Out After New “Rock The Vote” Video Goes Viral (VIDEO)

?????

What article are you linking to?

There must be different ones !!

Nope. That's the one. Maybe if you take a second and read it, you'll find the links. Look down below the video. Read the whole story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join