It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions On This Song/Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
For mature audiences.

I'll get this out of the way. The song and video star a gay guy and in the video you will see two dudes kissing (I'm all for gay people but it icks me out a bit). I wasn't expecting it when I started watching the video (didn't know it was about gay stuff in the first place) so it was a bit of a surprise and I am aware some people would be offended (because they're wimps). You aren't going to catch the gay.

For the religious, it may seem VERY anti religion but I think (and this is what I want to discuss) it seems more about the hypocrisy and intolerance of religion, not a condemnation of religion in general. So one of my questions is about the line "I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies". Is this saying that everything is a lie, as in religion in general, or that people lie about God's word?

So questions. I am HORRIBLE with symbolism.

Do you like the music but not the message?
What did you think about the video?
What's in that box!?

I heard the song on the radio briefly (the intro essentially) when I was parking and Googled it when I got inside. I really dig the song, but frankly the lyrics and have put me off a bit. I don't like how (and considering the lyrics this is amusing) people deal in such absolutes. Religion = bad, or gay = bad. I personally don't think gays are committing any sins, but if they were I don't think those sins are any worse than things a lot of straight couples do behind closed doors. I think there is far too much hate the sinner and the sin leveled at gay people. Even if you think their actions are sinful, you can still treat them with respect and dignity. Just like you would and should anyone else.

I dug the video. I thought it was pretty powerful and that's rare for me. Most everything vomited out that gets on the air seems to be teeny bopper nonsense and unwarranted self importance. Yeah, I like watching scantily clad women shake it, but don't cal yourself an artist.

I think the box was supposed to be representative of love. It was buried as a metaphor about hiding love from people. When the box gets dug up is about the time the people snag the boyfriend. In the final scenes you see someone trying to open the box, but they can't. Unbreakable love? The box gets thrown in the fire about the time the other guy arrives to see the body on the ground being kicked. So the love was destroyed, but still unbreakable? I'm horrible at symbolism.

AGAIN A WARNING GAY STUFF AND SIMULATED VIOLENCE

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I watched it. Brought me down off my B.o.B high. I was so out there man..
Maybe if I hear it some other time. I have trouble listening to anything after B.o.B..
I guess I mostly like more complicated ideas in songs. I don't mind the guys kissing..

Back to my groove.

join