It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friendly Hummingbird comes indoors to feed

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Amidst all the Ebola talk, ISIL, your gov't, the authorities, etc, I found a quick heart warming video of a Brazilian man who feeds a baby hummingbird everyday, from inside his kitchen. The bird and his mother flew up to his window one day and then the mother bird was never seen again.

He opens the window and calls for it to come in. It's awesome. Only a gentle soul would be able to do this.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
That's something you don't see everyday. Thank's for the post, gave me a much needed smile

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

That's exactly what I knew it would bring.

And who doesn't need to smile right about now?
edit on 8-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Very cool...

Doesn't even look real... cartoonish

S&F

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

That is really something to see! I would never believe it were it not for this video. I used to have them in my garden and would scare them away if I made a movement and did not see them there. That they would come inside is really a pleasant surprise.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I know right! I love the way they fly!

I wanna fed a hummingbird in my kitchen too.... although come to think of it, I've had hummingbirds in my yard in the past so maybe... one day...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Isn't Mother Nature amazing? Reminds me how some people describe the movement of some UFO's. HUMMINGBIRDS: Alien scout ships!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I can't watch the video now, but I will when I can.

I love hummingbirds! We used to feed them and there would be 20 birds at each feeder! Really amazing little guys. I have held them and they perched on my finger while eating.

Pictures here

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Akragon

I know right! I love the way they fly!

I wanna fed a hummingbird in my kitchen too.... although come to think of it, I've had hummingbirds in my yard in the past so maybe... one day...

If you have many birds come into your back or front yard spend some time out there just sitting and slowly turning your head if you want look around.

Eventually you will get the birds that are local will start to be more relaxed with you there and you might be able to feed them out of your hand.

I get a lot of birds, a hell of a lot of birds in my backyard, my dogs walk through and around them at times and they all just get on with what they are doing, looking for worms or insects in the grass, even I can get quite close and sit down without them flying away.

The other week was amazing,

I was cleaning my dogs poops in the backyard when on the fence that runs across back of the property which connects to another I saw a magpie staring at me.

It was a male and he was quite big for a magpie, magpies are very territorial when they have a nest near by so I thought it might want swoop me and the dogs.

I kept my eyes on him and noticed his misses was across the fence getting scraps from the other yard.

You need to keep eye contact with magpies so as they dont swoop, I kept my eyes on him like I was hawk.

What I realized after trying to stare the bird down that he wasn't going to swoop and seemed fascinated by my actions.

So I thought lets see how close I can get to you before you either attack me or fly off.

I kept walking around the backyard and cleaning the poops with a watchful eye, as I finished I started making my way to back fence to see how close I could get or if he would hop onto my forearm like a parrot or macaw until i got good look at his claws and thought yeah if he jumps on my forearm it will be pain and probably a few punctures as his claws looked quite menacing.

However, when I started to bring my forearm up to him, (I am only about a meter away and he is on the back fence still) he leans forward as if he wanted to jump onto my forearm or see if had anything my hand.

As I thought his claws would rip my skin to shreds and also noticed he was quite interested in our little attempted interaction so I told him to just wait there and I will go in and get a a few pieces of bread for him.

I go in and come back out with the bread, he is still there on the fence so I make my way over slowly and peacefully.

As I get closer he starts to lean forward again, I break of a large piece of bread, didn't want my fingers taken or bitten, he had a massive beak in addition to his claws, so a big piece I break of and hold it up in front of him.

He almost snatches it out of my hand and smacks it against the top of the fence to make the piece small enough to swallow,

I was able to give him 3 pieces of bread, hand fed to a wild bird.

Amazing feeling.

top topics

join